Community Forum

Wrong TV guide!!!!!

New Poster

Wrong TV guide!!!!!

Ok, 

I am just posting this to see if ANYONE has seen this problem cause clearly Xfinity has not. 

Issue: I recieved my X1 box on friday the 12th with the 140+ channel lineup pack. I come home, hook up everything. internet is running flawlessy but when I go through the setup process of the cablebox, I have the wrong TV lineup. (I will include a photo). 

So far I have talked to numerous techs on the phone, most of which could barely speak english plus I have had a tech out here and he looked at my issue for 3 hours and could not fix it. I have another tech scheduled to come out this Saturday but I am guessing it wont be succesful. Everyday after work I get on and talk to an agent just to see if someone will get lucky and fix this problem and.......nothing. I have rebooted my box 50 times minimum, i have swapped out the box.

Anyone seen this problem? image.pngThis is my guide. Incorrect guide.

Official Employee

Re: Wrong TV guide!!!!!

Is that the first channel in the guide? We do offer those channels those channels as well.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

ya wrong channels.  I am able to stream on the web and apps with my correct guide/plan. But for some reason it is not working with my cable box. 

I will post 2 pics. First one will be what my guide should be and the 2nd will be the one it currently is which is incorrect. 

main guide.jpgCorrect guidewrong guide.pngcurrent/incorrect guide

New Poster

Chad....my plan is: 

HD Digital Starter 140+ Channels

Performance Pro Internet Download speeds up to 150 Mbps

Official Employee

Can you try a system refresh from the help menu?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Just finished the refresh. Still have the same guide. Smiley Sad
Gold Problem Solver

Your pictures did not display on any of my devices so I can't see your issue.

When you say "rebooted" I hope that means you uplugged your X1 box from AC power.

In regards to X1 boxes, power cycling them and actually uplugging them from AC power are two very different things.

@OGsmashsauce wrote:
Just finished the refresh. Still have the same guide. Smiley Sad

Official Employee

We found the issue, nothing a technician can fix.  Our engineering teams are taking a look at the account now, should be fixed today. 

New Poster

Sorry I have been gone a couple days. I just got home and I still have the same issue

Official Employee

Can you try again?  Things look good on our end. 

New Poster

How long did you have this issue and has it been fixed? I'm going through the same thing now and exchanged 3 boxes and spent hours with phone people. It's getting really annoying. Not fixed still.
Official Employee

Jenknee, thanks for letting us know about your channel line up issue. I suggest we check your entitlements to make sure the provisioning of your actual package is translating properly with your X1 box. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

New Poster

Just upgraded to Xfinity X1 TV HD to have the Digital Starter channel package. The new X1 tv box installed and initialized, and only channels showing in my Channel Guide appear to be Latino channels. Already spent nearly 3 hours on the phone with Comcast tech support for 2 different sessions, numerous codes and restarts, no luck. Changed out the TV box for a new one, 2nd box started up and initialized with exact same problem. If I use the Xfinity Stream app on my account, I get all of the correct Digital Starter channels, so it is specifically a problem with Channel Package setup on the box itself.

Expert

@JCnCO970 wrote:

Just upgraded to Xfinity X1 TV HD to have the Digital Starter channel package. The new X1 tv box installed and initialized, and only channels showing in my Channel Guide appear to be Latino channels. Already spent nearly 3 hours on the phone with Comcast tech support for 2 different sessions, numerous codes and restarts, no luck. Changed out the TV box for a new one, 2nd box started up and initialized with exact same problem. If I use the Xfinity Stream app on my account, I get all of the correct Digital Starter channels, so it is specifically a problem with Channel Package setup on the box itself.

did it begin working? if not press the A button on your remote and select system refresh.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

*** Solution Found!! ***  04AUG2019

I want to share this information hopefully to help anyone else avoid the frustration since it turns out not many Comcast Support Tech knows about this problem...

In my case at least, turns out to be an issue involving the more recent "Instant TV' streaming only tv service package. My account initially had "Instant TV" and then I upgraded to the X1 Double Play with HD Digital Starter channel package using the X1 TV cable box.

Short version of the Tech Support person who figured this out finally... when an account is changed from Instant TV over to the TV Box service, there are some extra 'codes' or something that is required to fully purge / clear the account of the "Instant TV Only" service.

The Tech Support person made the required account changes and then transmitted the reset signal to my TV Box. It took about 1-2 hours for the update to take effect, but it solved the problem and now I get all of the correct Digital Starter channels package correctly.

Apparently, this issue is just becoming better known as more customers have also upgraded from Instant TV to traditional TV Box service, but I was on my 3rd Phone Tech Support session before that person was able to identify this problem and how to resolve it.