Community Forum

With X1 audio in expert mode (for ATMOS compatibility), Netflix has no audio

New Poster

With X1 audio in expert mode (for ATMOS compatibility), Netflix has no audio

In order to take advance of my new ATMOS speakers, I put the X1 audio setting to Expert Mode. But, now the Netflix app has no audio. I get the Netflix "duh duhhhhh" startup sound, but no audio at all after that.

I've re-loaded the Netflix app and done an X1 system refresh. The only way I've found to get audio back in the Netflix app is to change the X1 audio setting back to "Auto Detect (Dolby Digital 5.1)".
Expert

Re: With X1 audio in expert mode (for ATMOS compatibility), Netflix has no audio

@gecko85 wrote:
In order to take advance of my new ATMOS speakers, I put the X1 audio setting to Expert Mode. But, now the Netflix app has no audio. I get the Netflix "duh duhhhhh" startup sound, but no audio at all after that.

I've re-loaded the Netflix app and done an X1 system refresh. The only way I've found to get audio back in the Netflix app is to change the X1 audio setting back to "Auto Detect (Dolby Digital 5.1)".

you didn't say what you are using for sound. sound bar? receiver? how is the audio sent to the device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: With X1 audio in expert mode (for ATMOS compatibility), Netflix has no audio

Marantz receiver, using HDMI. I have sound everywhere else, including other apps like YouTube, and the ATMOS demo in X1 works perfectly. I even get the Netflix startup sound, but nothing once the app fully launches. Seems to be an incompatibility between the Netflix app and the Expert Mode audio setting.
Silver Problem Solver

@gecko85 wrote:
Marantz receiver, using HDMI. I have sound everywhere else, including other apps like YouTube, and the ATMOS demo in X1 works perfectly. I even get the Netflix startup sound, but nothing once the app fully launches. Seems to be an incompatibility between the Netflix app and the Expert Mode audio setting.

I checked all the Netlix instructions.

But I couldn't find a single program that had the Atmos logo as mentioned in them.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066

If you have a Dolby Atmos capable system and a plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD, available titles will display a Dolby Atmos icon next to their description: 

Please note that not every episode or season of a Dolby Atmos supported TV show will have Dolby Atmos available. Additionally, not every TV show or movie supports Dolby Atmos in every language.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@gecko85 wrote:

does your marantz have hdmi input and then ouput the pass through to the TV?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, the Marantz passes the HDMI through. I ended up swapping out HDMI cables one at a time, and everything is now working. No clue how/why the audio would work with the original cable in some apps but not others, but it doesn't really matter. It's working now...