Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Wirelesss X1 Box keeps freezing up and constantly have to unplug to reset

Regular Visitor

Wirelesss X1 Box keeps freezing up and constantly have to unplug to reset

I have had the X1 main box for about 1 year now and it worked great for about 8 months, then I had the cable coming into my house cut by a contractor and replaced. Since they replaced the line, I have had constant freezing up of the X1 boxes that do not have the DVR Main box. The DVR box that is wired via coaxial works fine. I had technicians come out to my home and they were there for 5 hours trying different things (ended up with 3 techs at once) trying to fix.. The said MOCA signal was weak between old box and DVR, so they replaced with wireless X1Box... that did not help, so they said coaxial cables in my house were bad (even though they have worked fine till outside line was cut).. they even ran a jumper line from downstairs line coming in from outside, bypassing all wiring in my house to the main X1 box and it still froze up on the X1 wireless boxes.. they then said there was something wrong with the switch boxes outside, and they sent another tech to fix that.. and he ran another new line to my house about 100 ft from switch box on outside junction. Still having the same problem.. it freezes so much you can hardly watch tv in any room besides the main one.. Main TV with X1 box with DVR does not freeze.. try watching tv or anything recored on tvs with wireless X1 box and it freezes every 5 to 10 minutes.

None of the 3 techs could figure it out and I dont want to waste another 5 hours of my Saturday as they play troubleshooters.. Any ideas?

I have bought and added MOCA filters on cable coming into boosted spliter downstairs, and 1 on wireless router with no success.

Regular Visitor

Re: Wirelesss X1 Box keeps freezing up and constantly have to unplug to reset

Correction... I think the wireless boxes are Xi5?

Expert

@sf1989 wrote:

Correction... I think the wireless boxes are Xi5?

remove POE filter from the gateway modem (or the Xi5s can't get the MoCA signal from your speial wireless gateway. The POE usually is located where the cable goes into your service access box and provides grounding of the coax cable as part of the POE filter. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi sf1989, I can assist you with getting this issue cleared up. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" so that we can look into this for you. 

Regular Visitor

Thank you... I have removed the filter going into modem with no better results..

Official Employee

Remove all moca filters, that you added, if they’re in the wrong place it won’t help. If those boxes freeze it’s communication from the modem. Try restarting everything
Official Employee

Hello sf1989, I see you sent a private message to get this issue resolved. Please reach back out to me there and we can get this taken care of for you.

Regular Visitor

X1 boxes keep freezing.. 5 months and still no fix?

For 5 months I have been having problems with X1 freezing up and having to unplug box to get it do anything. Problem started around same time I upgraded my modem to a Cisco DPC39412T.. I have had techs out 2 times to fix. First time, 3 techs for 5 hours.. second time 1 tech for 1 hour. Still not fixed and now main X1 box is freezing while watching recordings.

They have replaced main box twice, and replaced my other boxes with wireless ones, and still no fix.

Official Employee

Re: X1 boxes keep freezing.. 5 months and still no fix?

Hello sf1989, I can assist you with getting this taken care of. I replied to your private message please reach back out to me there and we can get this taken care of.