Community Forum

Wireless TV data usage

New Poster

Wireless TV data usage

I know that using Netflix and other streaming apps uses data, but does watching regular tv on a wireless tv box also use data? The past 3 months our data usage has been higher than usual and the only new thing would be the wireless TV box, and the network activity for the TV box is very high compared to our other boxes
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Wireless TV data usage

@Pabinmansr wrote:
I know that using Netflix and other streaming apps uses data, but does watching regular tv on a wireless tv box also use data? The past 3 months our data usage has been higher than usual and the only new thing would be the wireless TV box, and the network activity for the TV box is very high compared to our other boxes

Did you see this?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/data-usage-plan?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Wireless TV data usage

Hello Pabinmansr, thank you for using the Xfinity Forums for your question. Were you able to get your question answered from the information provided? Do you need any further assistance? 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!