Community Forum

Wireless TV Box won’t complete setup?

Highlighted
New Poster

Wireless TV Box won’t complete setup?

So I just got a new wireless (XI6) box for my bedroom and I can’t complete its activation. It keeps giving me an error code (XRE-00305). The box will start to set up, say “Sorry, this is taking longer than usual” and then I’ll get the error code shortly after. The furthest I’ve gotten was selecting the language before it gives up. Help?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Wireless TV Box won’t complete setup?

The Xi5 and Xi6 wireless boxes only work with very specific Comcast supplied gateways such as the XB6. Do you have one of the required gateways?

@IwannawatchTV wrote:
So I just got a new wireless (XI6) box for my bedroom and I can’t complete its activation. It keeps giving me an error code (XRE-00305). The box will start to set up, say “Sorry, this is taking longer than usual” and then I’ll get the error code shortly after. The furthest I’ve gotten was selecting the language before it gives up. Help?

Official Employee

Hello IwannawatchTV. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with your wireless cable box activation and setup. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi IwannawatchTV. This thread has been locked since we didn't see a response from you, . Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!