Community Forum

Wireless TV Box Buffering Issues. Are there Wifi settings for it?

New Poster

Wireless TV Box Buffering Issues. Are there Wifi settings for it?

We have xfinity X1 with two wired tv boxes and one wireless tv box. The wireless tv box freezes and buffers quite often almost unusable. Are there possible WiFi settings to improve the connection somehow, maybe dedicate it to 5.0 or 2.4 channels. anything?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Wireless TV Box Buffering Issues. Are there Wifi settings for it?

You may need to move the gateway closer. Also try resetting both main box and your gateway.Only the Xi6 wireless box has access to both wireless bands.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

As of this moment, there is not any way to access WiFi settings on the X1 boxes.

However, you can try moving the gateway closer to the boxes as @CCAndrew suggested. You could try putting the gateway somewhere close to the center between the boxes.

New Poster

Is there a way to assign/dedicate the Xi6 to either the 5.0 or 2.4 channel?

New Poster

I have moved the Xi6 closer to the gateway, actually on the first floor right underneath the gateway on the second floor. Still problematic. I also replaced the Xi6 with a new one. Still problematic. It's connecting to my main TV - a Samsung 65" 4K. Interesting that my Apple TV has no issues streaming over the Wifi. Very disappointing. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Did you hook it up with the 5 band?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!