Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Will Xfinity install cable wiring in my house to a new location?

New Poster

Will Xfinity install cable wiring in my house to a new location?

I have two fireplaces and two living rooms. Those are the only availbile spots that a TV is optimal. The one fireplace already has coax cable hookups and a power outlet. ( When house was purchased).

I am currently looking to a electrician to install a power outlet for the fireplace, but there is nothing but drywall there now. 

Will Xfinity run the cable to that other fireplace or will that be my responsiblity to run it to that location.  

Official Employee

Re: Will Xfinity install cable wiring in my house to a new location?

It’ll probably be your responsibility but you can see if an Xi5 wireless box is available and avoid running cable, just power
Expert

adding.... most electricians have a wall fish charge so adding a coax cable (ask here for type of cable) with a straight run to your splitter could be added to the run for AC power. then call comcast to make the run an 'outlet' and hook the runs up to a spltter or zero gain amp (comcast supplies the amp/splitter).

Official Employee

Hello Johnsoned. I can assist with scheduling an install of an additional outlet in your home. Depending upon your local area, this may or may not be possible. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.