Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Why won't x1 dvr record all of a sudden?

Frequent Visitor

Why won't x1 dvr record all of a sudden?

Hello,

I have had a particular show set for series recording for a long time...Super Password on Buzzr channel.  It airs at 10:30am M-F.  MOST OF THE TIME, it will record (although strangely enough, I check my next day's schedule every night and there have been days that it will show on the schedule but not record).  Well, now all of a sudden not only will it not record, but it won't even schedule! It is on the network's schedule and I keep trying to reset the recording....it tells me it's confirmed, but when I then check my scheduled recordings, it's not there.

I have tried to sync the dvr, but that did nothing at all to help.  Also rebooted the box twice. Still nothing.

Any idea what I can try? Or why it's even happening?

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Why won't x1 dvr record all of a sudden?

You have 3 series recordings set up, one is set up to only keep 2 episodes. Try going in and cancelling all 3 and start over.
Xfinity button to Saved to Svheduled, arrow down and arrow up, arrow right to Series Priority and press Ok, scroll down to find those 3 different series recordings, when highlighted, press D to delete.

All Replies
Expert

@carol601 wrote:

Hello,

I have had a particular show set for series recording for a long time...Super Password on Buzzr channel.  It airs at 10:30am M-F.  MOST OF THE TIME, it will record (although strangely enough, I check my next day's schedule every night and there have been days that it will show on the schedule but not record).  Well, now all of a sudden not only will it not record, but it won't even schedule! It is on the network's schedule and I keep trying to reset the recording....it tells me it's confirmed, but when I then check my scheduled recordings, it's not there.

I have tried to sync the dvr, but that did nothing at all to help.  Also rebooted the box twice. Still nothing.

Any idea what I can try? Or why it's even happening?

when you bring up the series recording is it set to a particular channel or just HD or SD preferred? do you have it set to record new or new and repeats?

Official Employee

You have 3 series recordings set up, one is set up to only keep 2 episodes. Try going in and cancelling all 3 and start over.
Xfinity button to Saved to Svheduled, arrow down and arrow up, arrow right to Series Priority and press Ok, scroll down to find those 3 different series recordings, when highlighted, press D to delete.
Frequent Visitor

These instructions aren’t working for me. When I go into Series Priority I see series set for recording and ones I’ve long since canceled but cannot figure out how to use D to delete anything. My only options are to move the series up or down. I did go in and change the Super Password as you suggested and that worked. But is there a way to remove series from the series priority list? Some are so old
Frequent Visitor

Never mind! I figured it out!!

Thank you all for responding