Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Which ir extender to use Harmony 650 Universal remote to control Arris AX014AHM

Frequent Visitor

Expert

Re: Which ir extender to use Harmony 650 Universal remote to control Arris AX014AHM

@aaidoc wrote:

I haven't used my 650 with my 4k box.  But I do use it with my X! DVR.  I just had to program the 650 with Logitech's Harmony web site; no need to an IR extender.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Which ir extender to use Harmony 650 Universal remote to control Arris AX014AHM

thanks, my particular box (AX014AHM) has a week IR because it's remote is RF.  I have to put the 650 1 foot away to control the box.

Expert

I'm escalating this to an Official Employee.

Official Employee

All X1 remotes once paired and able to use voice commands are in RF mode. Press and hold setup, LED goes from red to green and press 987, then you’ll be in IR mode
Frequent Visitor

That will work to help program my harmony remote.  When I am done with that, how do I turn the Xfinity remote bck to RF so I can use the voice commands

Official Employee

You don’t, you can’t use the box both ways. It’s either in IR mode or RF mode, your choice which is more important.
Frequent Visitor

ouch!  thanks

Frequent Visitor

thanks but the 4K box is primarily controlled by an RF remote and has a very weak IR receiver - my 650 only works at a few inches away.