Community Forum

When is HBO Max going to be on X1?

Highlighted
New Poster

When is HBO Max going to be on X1?

Hello! I work for HBO Max and am also a subscriber to the streaming service as well as an Xfinity customer. Currently, I have to stream HBO Max on my MacBook on the site logged in with my Xfinity credentials, and plug into my TV with HDMI. The service launched at the end of May, we are almost to November.  I have seen a lot of customers asking when will HBO Max be available via the X1 box. Do you have a date set for this or a timeline in mind for when this is happening?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: When is HBO Max going to be on X1?

Nothing has been announced. The pandemic has pushed everything back. Your employer should be a source of updates as well

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: When is HBO Max going to be on X1?

As an AT&T investor, I follow the financial news. After reading an article about the dismal subscriber numbers on HBO Max, which is even free to many, I realized that I should be getting HBO Max as part of my HBO subscription on Xfinity.

After many searches and much confusion, I realized that HBO Max is not yet available on my X1 set top box! How stupid is that? It seems backward to make the service available on auxiliary devices before the set top box.

No wonder the subscriber numbers are so dismal.