Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

When I convert to X1 will I lose all my saved DVR recordings?

Frequent Visitor

When I convert to X1 will I lose all my saved DVR recordings?

I just got the x1 box. When I convert will I lose all my saved dvr recordings?

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: When I convert to X1 will I lose all my saved DVR recordings?

Thanks...I'll keep it hooked up to a separate HDMI pluig in until empty and then return it

All Replies
Expert

@151836 wrote:

I just got the x1 box. When I convert will I lose all my saved dvr recordings?

use a PC or smart phone or tablet to see your contents of the cloud DVR. those recordings will be available from the Cloud DVR when you convert. the 'missing' ones are only on the DVR. You could use that DVR on one of your outlets (rental days apply) to watch the recordings not on the cloud DVR until you are ready to return the old DVR.

Frequent Visitor

When I look on my PC it says I have no recordings...is there a way to move the recordings I have on my current box to the cloud? My current box is 60% full, so I have a lot that I don't want to lose.

Official Employee

Yes, going from a Legacy DVR to an X1 DVR, you will lose everything. You’ll be starting over fresh
Expert

@151836 wrote:

When I look on my PC it says I have no recordings...is there a way to move the recordings I have on my current box to the cloud? My current box is 60% full, so I have a lot that I don't want to lose.

since legacy DVR you can keep it and watch it til it is empty. If i recall when the box is up it doesn't need a coax connection to playback recordings. also be sure to write down your current list of series that you have (note the day of week, time, and network channel.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks...I'll keep it hooked up to a separate HDMI pluig in until empty and then return it