Community Forum

Watching TV Outside - Safe for Cable Box?

New Poster

Watching TV Outside - Safe for Cable Box?

I have a covered porch, am going to put an outdoor TV out there, and am trying to figure out the best way to get my Comcast service to this TV.  My leading idea is to run another cable jack out there and get another X1 box.  Can the X1 box handle the freezing temps?  It definitely won't get wet.  Please let me know what you think, and what other options I should consider.   Thanks!  

Expert

Re: Watching TV Outside - Safe for Cable Box?

wrote:

I have a covered porch, am going to put an outdoor TV out there, and am trying to figure out the best way to get my Comcast service to this TV.  My leading idea is to run another cable jack out there and get another X1 box.  Can the X1 box handle the freezing temps?  It definitely won't get wet.  Please let me know what you think, and what other options I should consider.   Thanks!  

some assumptions: wifi available? https://www.roku.com/products/compare#sku=4660R the Roku is on free stream TVbeta at the moment and may be able to survive the outdoors. Is this to be a 4k TV? check the specs for those devices. I doubt Comcast equipment would survive in outdoor temps/condensation etc. If you don't want to use wifi some of their devices allow connection via ethernet too. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Watching TV Outside - Safe for Cable Box?

See if the Xi5 (wireless box) is available in your area. No running of cables necessary. They’re small enough to put inside a zip lock bag for protection or bring inside when you’re done.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!