Community Forum

Waiting for SNMP trigger

New Poster

Waiting for SNMP trigger

My cable box has been having allt he lights flashing on it and the screen reads X1 platform update. it will then attempt to download a software update, which will fail to download twice. after which it sits on a screen saying 'Waiting for SNMP trigger' untill it resets and starts the whole process over.

according to the screen it is a Pace XG1v3 B-DRI  and Version 1.144.4.2

I have attempted to contact via live chat three times to no avail, it just keeps saying 'connecting'.  My internet works just fine, but the cable box does not.

Tags (3)
Official Employee

Re: Waiting for SNMP trigger

CP_Shelley wrote:

My cable box has been having allt he lights flashing on it and the screen reads X1 platform update. it will then attempt to download a software update, which will fail to download twice. after which it sits on a screen saying 'Waiting for SNMP trigger' untill it resets and starts the whole process over.

according to the screen it is a Pace XG1v3 B-DRI  and Version 1.144.4.2

I have attempted to contact via live chat three times to no avail, it just keeps saying 'connecting'.  My internet works just fine, but the cable box does not.

I wouldn't waste anymore time and swap it out.

New Poster

My box is doing exact same thing. I've talked to tech 2x. Option offered was send tech out 3 days from now. Frustrating since set up new service week ago. Tech support people nice. Don't like waiting
New Poster

I have the same problem. Comcast is sending someone out later this week (because why would I want to, say, go to work on a Wednesday morning?)

The tech people I talked to today for over an hour made no progress. If it is just a bad box I'd rather just swap it out than deal with a site visit.

Expert

terri2maui2 wrote:
My box is doing exact same thing. I've talked to tech 2x. Option offered was send tech out 3 days from now. Frustrating since set up new service week ago. Tech support people nice. Don't like waiting

while waiting you can watch (in your home) live streams of the cable service at xtv.comcast.net or you can watch on any apple/android smart device using xfinity TV app.

do you have a local office you can swap out the bad set top box for a new one?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Make sure your box is turned on. It will not update if powered off. Also make sure you do not have "sleep" mode enabled as a power saver. This will also prevent the update as the signal reads it as representing the box being turned off. Sleep mode is the most common reason for the box "looping" and "Waiting for SNMP trigger"

New Poster

Same thing here except this one is software update Version: 1.162.4.9 Pace XG1v3 P-DRI

Expert

boidill66 wrote:

Same thing here except this one is software update Version: 1.162.4.9 Pace XG1v3 P-DRI

might be easiest to take a picture of the error screen and take it and power supply for it to the Comcast office to swap out.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

New Poster

Re  X1 platform reset and SNMP trigger problems, how would I know or check if my system is set in sleep mode

Expert

muzzibl wrote:

Re  X1 platform reset and SNMP trigger problems, how would I know or check if my system is set in sleep mode

take the set top box and the power supply to comcast and swap it out.