Community Forum

Volume and Mute won't work on X1 Voice Remote (LG 26LC7D)

Regular Visitor

Volume and Mute won't work on X1 Voice Remote (LG 26LC7D)

Just upgraded to X1. I'm trying to program the voice remote for my TV LG 26LC7D. I am able to power the tv on/off and change the input, but the volume and mute button will not work when the picture is on. However, the strange part is the volume and mute button does work at the TV is starting and when the picture is transitioning in between inputs. But once a picture is established, the volume and mute button stops working. Anyone with experience in this issue? The hookup is HDMI with an Xi3 box.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Volume and Mute won't work on X1 Voice Remote (LG 26LC7D)

If I were you I would try pairing the remote using the on-screen steps.

Setup (gear icon) - Help 

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-settings-index/

Help provides you the following options in addition to how-to tutorials to make the most of your X1 experience.

• Restart: Restarts the device to fix common issues.
  • Remote Setup: Take customers through remote radio frequency (RF) pairing flows and infrared (IR) programming for TV and audio devices. This flow is the same as pressing Setup on the remote control.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Thats what I tried doing and the result I got. Tried all of the codes provided.

Gold Problem Solver

ten96lt wrote:

Thats what I tried doing and the result I got. Tried all of the codes provided.

When the supplied codes do not work, you can try the Manual CodeSearch function by doing the following to see if this enables all functions:

1. Turn on your TV and AVR. 
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

Keeping fingers crossed for you!

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

New Poster

I got this to work, but it only worked once. It turned on the TV, but when I tried to do anything else, it didn't work again. I could go through the process again, but it won't start programmed. Any advice?
Silver Problem Solver

DjWreck wrote:
I got this to work, but it only worked once. It turned on the TV, but when I tried to do anything else, it didn't work again. I could go through the process again, but it won't start programmed. Any advice?

Try going to Settings-Help-Program Remote and try all the codes for your TV.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

YOu have to press set up then press the numbers really fast 

Official Employee

Year old thread closed