Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Volume Low on New Box

New Poster

Volume Low on New Box

I just replaced my X1 box and now I have to turn the volume up very loud to hear it, and my fast forward is a little messed up, too. Any resolutions? 

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Volume Low on New Box

Well, I'm not sure what they did when I called. I don't think it was a firmware update, but whatever they did seemed to do the trick for now! Thank you for your help. Much appreciated!

All Replies
Expert

What model is your X1 box?

New Poster

Does this help? I'm sorry, it won't let me rotate it for some reason.

IMG_1495.JPG

Expert

aenglehart wrote:

Does this help? I'm sorry, it won't let me rotate it for some reason. 

ok you can call to get a firmware update (needed badly based on date) or swap that old pace Xg1v1 box for a newer xg1v2 or v3. You will add a free 6th tuner to record with. do you have other set top boxes in the home? models? might have a suggestion on those, too. call 800-Comcast and pick TV and say agent at every voice prompt. ask the agent to force a firmware update. latest current I've heard of is Dec 6 2017.

edit: the xg1 is the only X1 DVR with component but it is unlikely your equipment doesn't accept an HDMI cable.

New Poster

Well, I'm not sure what they did when I called. I don't think it was a firmware update, but whatever they did seemed to do the trick for now! Thank you for your help. Much appreciated!