Community Forum

Volume Level Fluctuates!

New Poster

Volume Level Fluctuates!

OK, so this is driving me absolutely insane. While watching tv, doesn't matter what channel or program I'm watching, the volume level keeps changing so I'm constantly adjusting it throughout the program. This is maddening and only happens on my X1 Client box. It doesnt not happen on our host box. Ive read another post from someone else having the same issue BUT Comcast replied to them only via private messages so I have ZERO idea of this person ever had their issue resolved. Can anyone help??
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Volume Level Fluctuates!

@Gakings18 wrote:
OK, so this is driving me absolutely insane. While watching tv, doesn't matter what channel or program I'm watching, the volume level keeps changing so I'm constantly adjusting it throughout the program. This is maddening and only happens on my X1 Client box. It doesnt not happen on our host box. Ive read another post from someone else having the same issue BUT Comcast replied to them only via private messages so I have ZERO idea of this person ever had their issue resolved. Can anyone help??

Are you using your TV's speakers?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes. Volume comes directly from the television. We do not use any form of surround sound or sound bar. Also, the television is not new and was used with the same type of cable receiver (x1) but with Cox Communications without issue.
Expert

adding... the TV may have audio settings that should be turned off (loudness profile, or enhancements like 'game' settings). the audio stream is digital and is unchanged from the production company control room that made the 'recording' to your TV. The Orville's episode tonight was mastered with 60% or so volume level and kept fluctuating. next show was just fine. in digital service only the devices at the TV (TV, sound bar, receiver) process the signal.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!