Community Forum

Using X1 remote to access Smart TV hub on Samsung Q6F Smart TV?

New Poster

Using X1 remote to access Smart TV hub on Samsung Q6F Smart TV?

I have my X1 remote configured to control my TV and soundbar.  Only thing that I can't access is the Smart TV hub for apps, weather, etc.  Is there anyway to reach that hub/menu from my X1 remote?  I hate needing 2 remotes and using the smart tv menu is the only thing keeping the extra Samsung remote around.  I haven't foun anything to specifically address this issue.

Also, if this isn't possible is there anyway to program my Samsung remote to access the Xfinity guide on my TV?  I know this isn't a Samsung forum but maybe there are Xfinity customers who foun themselves in the same predicament and ended up switching to the stock remote that came with the TV instead of using the X1.  Unfortunately, that remote can't seem to access the guide function.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Using X1 remote to access Smart TV hub on Samsung Q6F Smart TV?

The codes for the X1 remote is for power and volume control only, it’s not a universal remote. You might want to try a Harmony remote or something similar if you’re trying to reduce remotes.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Today I discovered saying "screen mirroring" led to most and  more (many xfinity offerings) that smartHub gives. And clicking on those tiny buttons does good things. I have LG sound bar and the guide asked if I wanted X1 to use it I said 'yes'; the LG remote still must be used to modulate more or less bass from time to time. Exactly how one says their request seems  to  matter a lot, but the voice remote feature is fantastic.

New Poster

Have you figured out a solution to your problem? I also have a Samsung Qled 6 TV and none of the X15 codes work.
Silver Problem Solver

@Ted925 wrote:
Have you figured out a solution to your problem? I also have a Samsung Qled 6 TV and none of the X15 codes work.

My Samsung Hub cannot bet controlled by an X1 remote, if that is what you want.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!