Community Forum

Using HDMI Input 1 and HDMI Input 2 ports on the back of the XG1-P box

New Poster

Using HDMI Input 1 and HDMI Input 2 ports on the back of the XG1-P box

I have a bluray player I'd like to use and noticed the XG1-P box has a couple of HDMI Input ports.  If I plug my bluray into those, how do I switch to use the other inputs?  I have an XR11 remote.

Official Employee

Re: Using HDMI Input 1 and HDMI Input 2 ports on the back of the XG1-P box

barbituate wrote:

I have a bluray player I'd like to use and noticed the XG1-P box has a couple of HDMI Input ports.  If I plug my bluray into those, how do I switch to use the other inputs?  I have an XR11 remote.

Those ports are disabled, only the HDMI out to TV is active.

Silver Problem Solver

Your Blu-ray plugs into the TV only.

New Poster

New Poster

Is there any way to enable them?  It would be ideal to only have one cable leading up to my TV rather than two or three. 

I realize I can use something else, like an HDMI switch or an A/V receiver, but was hoping to simplify things by using the Comcast remote to switch inputs.

Silver Problem Solver

The inputs on the cablebox cannot be activated.

New Poster

Hi Comcast Andrew!

I would recommend someone turn this blasted input on right this second, or you can just just come and pick up your hardware and ill go back to Verizon for Internet and dish.

Make it happen NOW! I saw these inputs work when I was the technical director on the set shooting all the X1 TV commercials in Alexandria, VA in the room of nothing but TV's for walls, 104 TV's to be exact!
Official Employee

angry08533 wrote:
Hi Comcast Andrew!

I would recommend someone turn this blasted input on right this second, or you can just just come and pick up your hardware and ill go back to Verizon for Internet and dish.

Make it happen NOW! I saw these inputs work when I was the technical director on the set shooting all the X1 TV commercials in Alexandria, VA in the room of nothing but TV's for walls, 104 TV's to be exact!

Sorry, nothing's changed, they're still disabled. 

New Poster

ANS IM TELLING YOU TO MAKE THE CHANGE NOW!
New Poster

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE YOU BUFFOONS! WELL THEN IM JUST GOING TO PACK MY CABLE BOXES UP AND THROW THEM THROUGH THE PLATE GLASS WINDOWS AT THE LOCAL COMCAST STORE.... THE ONLY REASON I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE ITS ABOUT AS SENSIBLE AS NOT TURNING THE PORTS ON!

SO JUST DO IT, AND MAYBE I WONT BECOME AS IRRATIONAL AS YOU IDIOTS!
Regular Contributor

You sure love your HDMI ports.