Isn't customization the essence of good customer support? Why doesn't Comcast give users more control? Here are several examples:
1. Closed captioning: The B button goes to CC -- why not make it a toggle or at least allow users to set it up that way?
2. Guide: Where's the hide channels function? Setting favorites is similar but not the same.
3. Where's the DVR button? There should be a single button that goes directly to a list of recordings. Since there isn't, why not let users set a button to do so?
4. How about more control over appearance? For example, the guide uses too much graphics -- I'd like to see more shows listed, channel numbers easier to read, and a simple way of telling which stations are HD.
5. Why not enable external hard drives? The 500gb hard drive is the smallest in the industry.