Community Forum

Upgraded to new X1 box and now HD doesn't work on the TV

New Poster

Upgraded to new X1 box and now HD doesn't work on the TV

We upgraded our box recently to X1 and now we don't have any HD channels.  We've tried replacing the HDMI cable with no luck.  We even tried hooking the new box downstairs to another TV that is HD-compatible and the HD channels are fine there, so we know it's not a problem with the box itself.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with our TV or not, but it seems strange that we had no problems with our HD before we upgraded and now we don't have any HD at all on this TV.  Any ideas would be appreciated!

Expert

Re: Upgraded to new X1 box and now HD doesn't work on the TV

@susie123067 wrote:

We upgraded our box recently to X1 and now we don't have any HD channels.  We've tried replacing the HDMI cable with no luck.  We even tried hooking the new box downstairs to another TV that is HD-compatible and the HD channels are fine there, so we know it's not a problem with the box itself.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with our TV or not, but it seems strange that we had no problems with our HD before we upgraded and now we don't have any HD at all on this TV.  Any ideas would be appreciated!

when you play the SD version of a channel it plays normally? what happens when you select the HD version of the same channel?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).