Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Good morning.  Just a quick update...we are in fact starting to move set tops to the latest XRE server (1.50).  If you don't see your boxes pointed there today, you should soon.  This new version resolves several issues posted here including "slow UI interaction" and "double delete."  Thanks for all your great feedback!  Many of the bug fixes are a direct result of your comments here!

Neal -

do you know if the 1.50 update resolved the 1080p resolution issue?

Silver Problem Solver

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Good morning.  Just a quick update...we are in fact starting to move set tops to the latest XRE server (1.50).  If you don't see your boxes pointed there today, you should soon.  This new version resolves several issues posted here including "slow UI interaction" and "double delete."  Thanks for all your great feedback!  Many of the bug fixes are a direct result of your comments here!

Neal -

I thought video issues were being fixed in the Receiver 2.0.0 revisions, but I could be wrong.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal -

I thought video issues were being fixed in the Receiver 2.0.0 revisions, but I could be wrong.

The resolution issue is not resolved yet but we are working through it.  That is likely not an XRE issue but a STB firmware issue.  More to come.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal -

The resolution issue is not resolved yet but we are working through it.  That is likely not an XRE issue but a STB firmware issue.  More to come.

thanks Neal! I look forward to a resolution in the future!

Expert

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

The "slow UI interaction" is not fixed. It's the same as 1.49.03 for me and began with the 2.0 rollout. I also still have the darkened screen issue where you need to press exit to clear it.

Can you post an image of the "darkened screen" issue you're seeing?  I'd like to get this over to the team today and cannot replicate the issue.  I can also give you an email address to send the image to if it would be easier.  As for slow UI interaction, where exactly do you see this in the UI?  Thanks, Neal

easy to recreate. play a recorded asset for 5 minutes. Hit 'D' button and select delete. screen will not return to menu but to a darkened menu screen with live video behind it. CC continues to print out.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

The "slow UI interaction" is not fixed. It's the same as 1.49.03 for me and began with the 2.0 rollout. I also still have the darkened screen issue where you need to press exit to clear it.

Can you post an image of the "darkened screen" issue you're seeing?  I'd like to get this over to the team today and cannot replicate the issue.  I can also give you an email address to send the image to if it would be easier.  As for slow UI interaction, where exactly do you see this in the UI?  Thanks, Neal

'private' link (not in search on youtube)

http://youtu.be/9jNAduGSniM

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

RE: The following paragraph. Who are they trying to kid?

MLB opening day is less than a month away and it is March Madness time.

What good will it do to have "this feature back in the next few months"?

ComcastChad said:

The app has undergone big changes to improve on speed and reliability in preparation for big upcoming events such as March Madness and MLB opening day. Because of that "My Teams" a has been temporarily removed. All your favorite teams are still saved and we intend to add back this feature in the next few months.

Gold Problem Solver

Nice of you to post this Rusty.

I should add I have seen this only once and could never reproduce it on demand... For me, it was a HIGHLY random occurrence.

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

'private' link (not in search on youtube)

http://youtu.be/9jNAduGSniM

Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

Neal,

It looks like others have answered the dark screen question already so I'm just say that I'm seeing it the same as them and especially when using the D button to delete a recording.

As for for the slow UI, I see it alot when exiting a recoding. Even the video behind the menu at that point takes 5-10 seconds to show and the DVR is slow to respond to any remote input. It usually comes back to a usable state after exiting out of all the menus but twice in the last week I've had to reboot . The lag on all menus was just painful. After the reboot, things are fine for a while. I've checked my levels and they are all in spec.

Gold Problem Solver

I must agree with this. When I notice X1 being sluggish, I am always recording something when it happens.

If X1 boxes were a computer, I would say there may be a memory drain/allocation issue going on when the box is recording...

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

Neal,

It looks like others have answered the dark screen question already so I'm just say that I'm seeing it the same as them and especially when using the D button to delete a recording.

As for for the slow UI, I see it alot when exiting a recoding. Even the video behind the menu at that point takes 5-10 seconds to show and the DVR is slow to respond to any remote input. It usually comes back to a usable state after exiting out of all the menus but twice in the last week I've had to reboot . The lag on all menus was just painful. After the reboot, things are fine for a while. I've checked my levels and they are all in spec.

Valued Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

easy to recreate. play a recorded asset for 5 minutes. Hit 'D' button and select delete. screen will not return to menu but to a darkened menu screen with live video behind it. CC continues to print out.

I cannot duplicate this issue on any of my boxes.  Can you tell me what XRE server version you're pointing to?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Most Valued Poster

Neal,

The slow UI is evident throughout the platform. Almost every function lags. Now even the double delete is lagging and if you try to do something else rather than wait for the second delete box to appear the whole thing freezes up. Not only is it all slow but so many error messages about tuning and changing channels and it even tells me it can't tune to a channel that I am already watching live. Justs pops up and says that.  I also get  the 'dot dot dot' under a network logo when changing channels and it just sits there for a while  before the channel appears. Its hard to believe all the problems in the two months that all started with 1.49.03.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having an issue where my clients (not the main DVR box) are putting out a buzzing sound like the speakers are blown and they aren't.  I have a service ticket for this and was told it was a software issue.   Sure enough it was fixed.   That lasted a week or so, now the noise is back.   It seems to be the worse on my local ABC channel, but is slightly noticable on the other channels as well.    I'm assuming the software fix was reversed???   When should I expect this to be corrected?   At times, my additional televisions are almost useless as this noise can drive you crazy.

Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

I cannot duplicate this issue on any of my boxes.  Can you tell me what XRE server version you're pointing to?

Neal,

This has happened to me on 1.50.04 and all 1.49.xx XRE releases. FYI, my box is an Arris running 2.0p3.

Regular Contributor

...and Neal, are we ever going to get  *frame-by-frame advance* back?

Valued Contributor

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

Neal,

This has happened to me on 1.50.04 and all 1.49.xx XRE releases. FYI, my box is an Arris running 2.0p3.

Hi 2themax.  Your X1 DVR is behind in firmware version.  I am pushing it the latest code right now.  Please test tonight.  You should see MX011AN_2.0p10s1_PROD_HYBse on the box in the next hour.  It will reboot after the download is complete.  Thanks, Neal

Regular Contributor

neal? i also have p3, am i also behind?

Gold Problem Solver

brandonbob,

You may not want the newer versions of 2.0 if you like your audio to be in sync. This is X1. We need to be patient. Very patient. Maybe too patient...

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

neal? i also have p3, am i also behind?

Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

Neal,

Hi 2themax.  Your X1 DVR is behind in firmware version.  I am pushing it the latest code right now.  Please test tonight.  You should see MX011AN_2.0p10s1_PROD_HYBse on the box in the next hour.  It will reboot after the download is complete.  Thanks, Neal

Thanks Neal. I'll check it out tonight and report back tomorrow.

Regular Contributor

if neal recommends I have the newest version, I trust his decision. I will let him take a look at what version I have.

Silver Problem Solver

Not an X1 update, but we now have a new Comcast Help & Support Forums "format".

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Both of our satellite boxes are on SR150BN_1.3.4p3s2. Both of them lock up daily and "cannot connect to X1" about to have our 4th tech visit in two weeks. Could this be a software issue and not a wiring issue? 

-Greg

Silver Problem Solver

@Gregav877 wrote:

Both of our satellite boxes are on SR150BN_1.3.4p3s2. Both of them lock up daily and "cannot connect to X1" about to have our 4th tech visit in two weeks. Could this be a software issue and not a wiring issue? 

-Greg

It's not likely related to 1.3.4p3s2.  I had it and didn't have to have a tech visit.  I have a PR150BN and its version is 1.3.4.p4s3.  Have you been unplugging the 150 for a minute and plugging it back in?

Gold Problem Solver

It's a wiring and or signal issue... No doubt in my mind....

@Gregav877 wrote:

-Greg

Frequent Visitor

Oh yes. Have been doing many resets of the box... Both of the 150's fail together... Sometimes takes 3 unplug/replugs to get it to work. 

How ow do I get a tech to check the correct issue?? We have had a new drop. New moca filter, and countless new connectors onto our RG-6. Sometimes lasts hours. Sometimes freezes in minutes. 

Expert

Hmmmm.....

Me thinks I will use my APP and restart all of my DVR's before I get home!!!   <BIG SMILE>

-=Ray=-

Regular Contributor

ray? which comcast app does that? i hav them all...
Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

Not an X1 update, but we now have a new Comcast Help & Support Forums "format".

I thought I had screwed up some browser settings so thanks for the sanity check on the format. It changed all of a sudden. Oh goody..something else to get used to.

Expert

@brandonbob2376 wrote:
ray? which comcast app does that? i hav them all...

MyAccount.... but you have to have patience and play the "game" in order to get to the Restart Feature....  works everytime!!!

-=Ray=-

Gold Problem Solver

You are in a tough spot. The problem is signal related and it is probably within your house so the bill is on you. You can either pay Comcast (cheaper) or pay an AV company (more experience but more expensive) to fix this for you...

If your DVR is working but the Companion boxes are not the problem is most likely within your house.

@Gregav877 wrote:

Oh yes. Have been doing many resets of the box... Both of the 150's fail together... Sometimes takes 3 unplug/replugs to get it to work. 

How ow do I get a tech to check the correct issue?? We have had a new drop. New moca filter, and countless new connectors onto our RG-6. Sometimes lasts hours. Sometimes freezes in minutes. 

Frequent Visitor

Seems odd... All 5 year old RG-6. All home run lines. No splitters involved.... Still could be my lines?
Silver Problem Solver

@Gregav877 wrote:
Seems odd... All 5 year old RG-6. All home run lines. No splitters involved.... Still could be my lines?

What type of lossless amp do you have installed?

Frequent Visitor

They haven't installed an amp. :-/ perhaps that's my issue? I'm noticing a lot of folks needing an amp

Silver Problem Solver

@Gregav877 wrote:

They haven't installed an amp. :-/ perhaps that's my issue? I'm noticing a lot of folks needing an amp

The X1 system REQUIRES a lossless powered amp. I have an EVO, but others have Commscope.  Mine is in the attic.  All my homeruns terminate in the amp.  I have a total of 2 DVR's, 2 RNG150's, and 2 HDDTA's, plus two other drops that aren't activated.

Frequent Visitor

Interesting. Okay. Should I just get my own? Or force Comcast to do it? Seem like an easy fix!
Official Employee

_________

If you have 4 pieces of equipment you have a splitter somewhere. Nevertheless, they should install a lossless amp to lower your upstream, its borderline out of spec on the 2 secondary boxes and your modem ( all around 51). Also, the upstream power level is too high on all 3

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Excellent. Okay. So. How do I convince the tech to do this when they get here? All 3 techs have just been replacing ends on my RG-6 making them shorter, but not better! Ha
Regular Contributor

I see Comcast changed the forum look and feel.

1. Where is the login ?

2. Where is my profle

3. Where is just about everything ?

It seems you finally fixed the insert picture option in reply mode but managed to hide almost everything else.

You X1'd the forum !

Gold Problem Solver

Only you BW...

@BeowolfJones wrote:

1. Where is the login ?

2. Where is my profle

It seems you finally fixed the insert picture option in reply mode but managed to hide almost everything else.

You X1'd the forum !

Problem Solver

Still eagerly awaiting XRE50.. Has anyone been able to confirm improved guide scrolling speed?

Expert

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

if you mean my current version it is 1.49.11 and f/w 2.0.0

Expert

cool the features work in chrome now.

Silver Problem Solver

I can't seem to make them work in Chrome.

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

when you put your mouse over font family does a pop up 'box' appear saying same thing?

Silver Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

when you put your mouse over font family does a pop up 'box' appear saying same thing?

Guide.jpg

OMG, now it works!

Silver Problem Solver

deleted - test of image insert

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

1. Where is the login ?

2. Where is my profle

You X1'd the forum !

Look at top right where your 'avator' is and there is a pull down menu for profile,etc. The log in/ log out is up there too. There is also a 'bell' with number of notifications.  The changes they made will take time to get used to but the forum now looks more like a 'standard'. I hate change but I like it so far.

Official Employee
Regular Contributor

thanks Andrew, that was a good idea to move it to a new thread

Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

Neal,

Neal,

My box was still on 2.0p9 when I got home. I rebooted it and still 2.0p9. Is my box not taking 2.0p10 for some reason?