Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

currently/past on-demand on an episode is only available overnight. So if i 'miss' recording parenthood, I must wait until next day to watch it on on-demand. 

What I understand is that this will restart 'live' programs (some) that comcast already has spooled/buffered and ready to 'restart' as a timeshift but no fast forward available option.

in the example say it is 30 minutes past the beginning of an episode of Parenthood, I tune to it via the guide, hit ok to tune to it and accept offer to start from beginning (as on demand). I would hit record button from the guide first and then restart via instant on-demand and when caught up change over to the dvr recording to finish the viewing. Is that about right?

sounds right to me . You had to mention Parenthood. I am in mourning that we are losing such a great show. I have become 'attached' to the characters.

I agree on parenthood. I was so sad when Friday night lights went off the air and was so happy to hear Katims, creator of both shows, was doing parenthood with Ron howard as a producer. It s such a great show that feels like it could go on forever. It doesn't need to end. Only logic I have is high production costs with such a large cast. Wish someone like Netflix would keep it going. 

Official Employee

Options
‎01-28-2015 03:00 PM

Thanks for the graphic. I have seen the circles next to shows on the guide but have never gotten the notification on screen. Maybe I just have not started a show in progress that has the circle. I will keep an eye out for it.

What about the other features like the sports companion I noted that are supposedly on X1??

I think what you're referring to is when you highlight a sports event on the guide, a prompt will pop up to use the sports app

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Anyone have info on when version 2.0 is going to be sent to boxes in South Florida?

Official Employee

Anyone have info on when version 2.0 is going to be sent to boxes in South Florida?

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/2-0/m-p/2464571/highlight/false#M57586

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Options
‎01-28-2015 03:00 PM

Thanks for the graphic. I have seen the circles next to shows on the guide but have never gotten the notification on screen. Maybe I just have not started a show in progress that has the circle. I will keep an eye out for it.

What about the other features like the sports companion I noted that are supposedly on X1??

I think what you're referring to is when you highlight a sports event on the guide, a prompt will pop up to use the sports app

Andrew, from what I saw in that You Tube video that Comcast produced; the sports companion has a lot more than the App does. I don't recall being able to choose different field views using the App.  You can correct me if I am wrong....ok?

Official Employee

Terri, I thought you were referring to the video that Gwen posted, not that the one that you posted. I would think when (if) those features rollout that would be in the Sports Extras app, but I haven't heard one way or the other on release.

Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates-ComcastAndrew

Hi ComcastAndrew:

I get the restart in the upper right corner of my TV on some programs. What I don't know how to do is get it to "restart". I've tried using the right arrow on the remote and hitting "OK", or just hitting "OK", but it doesn't work. What's the trick to using the remote to restart?

In another issue, is there any chance new companion boxes for the X1 will be issues so we can FF,Rew., pause live TV? I read somewhere on the forum that xi3 companion boxes were in the works or something with this capability. I pay over $200/mo for my three-in-one package and have one X1 DVR, but four companion boxes. I can't see spending another $20 per X1 DVR box to have the ability to do this on three of the four TV's(one is an antique and it's in the grandkid's bedroom and I'll leave it there for now Smiley Happy ).

Thanks for any input.

LindaSView

Expert

@LindaSView wrote:

Hi ComcastAndrew:

I get the restart in the upper right corner of my TV on some programs. What I don't know how to do is get it to "restart". I've tried using the right arrow on the remote and hitting "OK", or just hitting "OK", but it doesn't work. What's the trick to using the remote to restart?

In another issue, is there any chance new companion boxes for the X1 will be issues so we can FF,Rew., pause live TV? I read somewhere on the forum that xi3 companion boxes were in the works or something with this capability. I pay over $200/mo for my three-in-one package and have one X1 DVR, but four companion boxes. I can't see spending another $20 per X1 DVR box to have the ability to do this on three of the four TV's(one is an antique and it's in the grandkid's bedroom and I'll leave it there for now Smiley Happy ).

Thanks for any input.

LindaSView

I have 3 x1 DVRs they offered the HD boxes but i paid the difference to make the HD into DVR models (one was $10/mth, the DVR is $19/month. so it is only $9/month difference.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hit the info button while on the program that has the restart icon. You should see a watch and restart option. Select restart to play the VOD assrt.

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Terri, I thought you were referring to the video that Gwen posted, not that the one that you posted. I would think when (if) those features rollout that would be in the Sports Extras app, but I haven't heard one way or the other on release.

Sorry for any confusion Andrew...so many good videos to confuse me....lol. The new features of the Sports App will be really useful.

Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates-Rustyben

Thanks Rustyben. I get your point. However, it would still be an additional $30/month to get the three DVR ones after returning the the three companion boxes. That means I'd push the bill up close to $300/month so I guess I'll stay with what I have for now! May however, consider(strongly) replacing companion box in LR to X1 DVR when I get my new TV for that room.

Thanks, again.

LindaSView

Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates-ComcastChad

Hi:

Thanks...it works, issue solved, but I don't know where to hit "solved".

LindaSView

Regular Contributor

@LindaSView wrote:

Hi:

Thanks...it works, issue solved, but I don't know where to hit "solved".

LindaSView

Linda, I   don't think this is one of those threads that you close it and mark solved. This is an ongoing  open thread used to communicate updates and resolve issues with said updates. Therefore, I don't think you can mark or hit solve.

Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates RE:brandonbob2376

Hi brandonbob2376:

Gotcha! Thanx for the info-feel a bit "dumb" as I now realize it's an update/news release/info-type thread!

Anyhow, at least I now know how to use the "restart". Smiley Happy

LindaSView

:

Regular Contributor

your welcome.
Expert

@brandonbob2376 wrote:
your welcome.

3 DVRs why can't they be put on the same rollout schedule for updates. Seems to cause issues. one on fw 2.0 xre 149.02, one on 148.09 /1.3.4 other on 148.08/1.3.4.

problem now is that some recordings say (30 minute program in SD off TV land) 16 minutes when thermometer hits 16 just keeps there until actual end of show (in this case 31 minutes). no way to know which DVR it is recorded upon (asset: green acres, 2/1 10:13 am (hit record then but whole show was in buffer) on 215 anten tv chan). 

well now that i've recorded the buffer it seems it 'counts length from point of record to end even though the entire show is in the asset. Left it in recordings for comcast red-letter person to look at for information. let me know so I can delete it.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

Just got 1.49.03...

Only new things I see are the power options in the settings menu. "16x9 Auto select" is still gone.

Contributor

On mine I also got 1.49.03, but also received other updates to version 2, which the XR11 voice control remote control requires. Voice control coming baby!

Contributor

Is it just me or did Comcast send the much awaited 2.0 update?? For the last 2 days I haven't had to reset the display resolution. Hallelujah!!!!!
Regular Contributor

@10Gauge wrote:
Is it just me or did Comcast send the much awaited 2.0 update?? For the last 2 days I haven't had to reset the display resolution. Hallelujah!!!!!

From what I understand, the firmware 2.0 update is a complete overhaul so will be very obvious when you have the 2.0 firmware. I can tell you for me, in Northern California, I am still on 1.3.4

Regular Contributor

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@10Gauge wrote:

From what I understand, the firmware 2.0 update is a complete overhaul so will be very obvious when you have the 2.0 firmware. I can tell you for me, in Northern California, I am still on 1.3.4

I've had 2.0.0 on my X1 for a few days now, and aside from DVR recordings and On-Demand not playing nice with my Companion box (1.3.4), I don't notice much difference.

Silver Problem Solver

@10Gauge wrote:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/2-0/td-p/2464571

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Thank you Robert for reposting that link. As you'll see on that link Comcast Neal explains it's a complete ground up overhaul
Most Valued Poster

I have two odd things happening and looking for explanation or sanity check. Its not 2.0 related because mine was rolled back.

1.49.03 and  1.34

FIrst: When using the 'x' on the list of recorded shows to delete a recording we get the pop up delete window and have to delete it again. If we allow the recording to end itself and use the pop up window to delete, we only have to delete it once. Why in the world is there an extra step to delete when deleting from the recorded list?

Second: When we delete a recording  the live  channel picture is darkened until we hit 'exit'. This is happening more and more. Sometimes the live channel reverts to its logo and the 'dot.dot.dot' recycle and have to hit 'exit' to stop it or change the channel and then change it back.

????

Valued Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

I have two odd things happening and looking for explanation or sanity check. Its not 2.0 related because mine was rolled back.

1.49.03 and  1.34

FIrst: When using the 'x' on the list of recorded shows to delete a recording we get the pop up delete window and have to delete it again. If we allow the recording to end itself and use the pop up window to delete, we only have to delete it once. Why in the world is there an extra step to delete when deleting from the recorded list?

Second: When we delete a recording  the live  channel picture is darkened until we hit 'exit'. This is happening more and more. Sometimes the live channel reverts to its logo and the 'dot.dot.dot' recycle and have to hit 'exit' to stop it or change the channel and then change it back.

????

You are sane! I am also experiencing both those issues. 

Most Valued Poster

@m45warrior1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

1.49.03 and  1.34

????

WHEW...thanks and now hopefully someone can and will 'splain these to us and whether they will be fixed. The

'repeat delete' is especially annoying.

Silver Problem Solver

deleted

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

Andrew or Neil or other Comcast representative –

Last Night I had my first ever recording scheduled to record not actually record. I tried rebooting the box this morning to see if the program would show up in my recordings, but it did not. The program was "better call Saul". I just double checked my series recordings and I can verify that it is scheduled to record. Was there some issue last night with my box? I know I can watch it on demand but I just want to make sure there is not a problem with my box. My concern is that, since this has never happened before that it might be due to a recent update. I am also aware that you are able to see more on your end then I can on my end about my box and its current update. Thank you

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Last Night I had my first ever recording scheduled to record not actually record. I tried rebooting the box this morning to see if the program would show up in my recordings, but it did not. The program was "better call Saul". I just double checked my series recordings and I can verify that it is scheduled to record. Was there some issue last night with my box? I know I can watch it on demand but I just want to make sure there is not a problem with my box. Thank you

Is this the first time this has happened to you? Happens all the time to us. Have dozens of shows scheduled to record all new episodes and every now and then one gets skipped and this has nothing to do with 'recording conflicts' or power failures,etc.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Last Night I had my first ever recording scheduled to record not actually record. I tried rebooting the box this morning to see if the program would show up in my recordings, but it did not. The program was "better call Saul". I just double checked my series recordings and I can verify that it is scheduled to record. Was there some issue last night with my box? I know I can watch it on demand but I just want to make sure there is not a problem with my box. Thank you

Is this the first time this has happened to you? Happens all the time to us. Have dozens of shows scheduled to record all new episodes and every now and then one gets skipped and this has nothing to do with 'recording conflicts' or power failures,etc.

yup, first time ever and was the only recording scheduled for last night. I look forward to hearing back from Andrew or Neil or another Comcast rep when they have the time.

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

yup, first time ever and was the only recording scheduled for last night. I look forward to hearing back from Andrew or Neil or another Comcast rep when they have the time.

Allow me to apologize profusely for commenting  when you clearly don't want to hear  from anyone other than Comcast reps...wow.

Contributor

I thought this forum was about X1 updates? Isn't there another forum for "X11 isn't working"
Gold Problem Solver

Threads rarely stay on topic in this forum........... Just gotta get used to it.

@Genesis722 wrote:
I thought this forum was about X1 updates? Isn't there another forum for "X11 isn't working"

Regular Contributor

Yes I am posting in regards to X1 updates. I think maybe my problem was due to a recent update. Only the representatives are able to tell if my box has a problem with the most recent update. Thanks
Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Allow me to apologize profusely for commenting  when you clearly don't want to hear  from anyone other than Comcast reps...wow.

no need to apologize or feel offended. my original post was directed at comcast reps becuase as my edited post states, they have info that you and I do not have.

Most Valued Poster

@RickGr4 wrote:

Threads rarely stay on topic in this forum........... Just gotta get used to it.

@Genesis722 wrote:

Rick, I need some clarification and direction. When we have problems that we aren't sure whether its an update(or which one) causing them what forum topic covers this?  I may be having huge brain cramp but thought this thread was where we have always discussed issues we are having because they are usually caused by an update to X1...duh:?  I have looked back page after page and most of what we talk about here is problems so what is the big deal all of a sudden. I just want to be able to get help when I have issues so if this is not the place please point me. Is there one called 'problems/issues with X1' or one for each release?

AND...what the heck is X11? There is a forum topic for it but the posts talk about X1. What am I missing?

I have no idea what my recent problems with recording deletion are related to so where would I go? I already searched the forums but the topics I found for deletion had nothing to do with what I am seeing and I sure don't want to start a new topic for every single thing I have issues with and don't want others to do that either. We would have hundreds  more threads to keep up with.....argh

Silver Problem Solver

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/new-this-month-on-x1-improvements-that-simplify-navigati...

This month, we’ve made some exciting changes to enhance the X1 user experience, continuing our focus on making it simple and more intuitive for everyone to find exactly the content they’re looking for -- from parents seeking appropriate content for their kids to sports fans staying updated on several games at once. Here are a few highlights:

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/new-this-month-on-x1-improvements-that-simplify-navigati...

This month, we’ve made some exciting changes to enhance the X1 user experience, continuing our focus on making it simple and more intuitive for everyone to find exactly the content they’re looking for -- from parents seeking appropriate content for their kids to sports fans staying updated on several games at once. Here are a few highlights:

Thanks for posting this as its a great place that I will bookmark to look in the future for improvements but seems they keep adding  bells and whistles for 'focused' audiences and do little about fixing basic issues that are rampant.

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Below, you will find key February updates to X1:

Improvements That Simplify Navigation and Content Selection: http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/new-this-month-on-x1-improvements-that-simplify-navigati...

In addition, Power relatd preferences that were previously in the screen saver area are now highlighted in their own section of Settings. Settings > Device Settings > Power Preferencs

Thanks!

Gwen

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

The "Live Tiles" for Last 9 and guide and score of the game when game on channel is highlighted is what I am really looking forward to on X1.

I just hope these 2 cool enhancments are still planned.

Regular Contributor

there should also be a filter in the guide to only show those programs that have an SAP and or video description indicator. is this possible?
Regular Contributor

There should also be a filter in the guide to only show those programs that have an SAP and or video description indicator. is this possible? Text field
Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@m45warrior1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

1.49.03 and  1.34

????

WHEW...thanks and now hopefully someone can and will 'splain these to us and whether they will be fixed. The

I'm having the same problem.  It seems to happen for me when I'm finished watching a recording and hit the "color" button on my remote that sends me to the "Delete" dialog.  Clicking either Delete or Don't Delete sends me straight to another Delete dialog.  I get around it now by clicking the skip 5 minutes button at the end of a recorded show and deleting from the options.

Love this update though!  It fixed the big problems for me (surround sound and inconsistent remote controller response).  This double delete thing is small potatoes.

Silver Problem Solver

Juat got an email about Watchlists.

"

View Online

XFINITY®

Service Alert

Dear XFINITY TV Subscriber,

Your online XFINITY Watchlist will soon be available on all TVs in your household that are connected to eligible Comcast set-top boxes. The Watchlist on your TV will be available for the primary Comcast ID on your account. To view your Watchlist on the TV, just press Menu on your remote, select iTV, and then Watchlist. Watch your favorite TV shows and movies any time they are on XFINITY On Demand™. To add more TV Shows and Movies to your Watchlist, you will still need to sign in with your Comcast ID on xfinitytv.comcast.net/.

As the primary account user, no action is needed if you want to share your Watchlist with all TVs in your household that are connected to eligible Comcast set-top boxes. To prevent your Watchlist from appearing on your TVs, you will need to visit your personalization settings at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings.

This upgraded feature will ensure you continue to enjoy unparalleled access to your list of movies and TV shows you love to watch either online or on your TV. As more and better ways to watch at home or on the go emerge, you’ll continue to have easy access and a great viewing experience with XFINITY TV.

To learn more about your Watchlist, visit http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/watchlist-stb/. To view your current Watchlist, visithttp://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/. If you have forgotten your Comcast ID or don’t know the primary Comcast ID, please visit login.comcast.net/myaccount/lookup.
Most Valued Poster

@raydog1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@m45warrior1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

1.49.03 and  1.34

????

I'm having the same problem.  It seems to happen for me when I'm finished watching a recording and hit the "color" button on my remote that sends me to the "Delete" dialog.  Clicking either Delete or Don't Delete sends me straight to another Delete dialog.  I get around it now by clicking the skip 5 minutes button at the end of a recorded show and deleting from the options.

Love this update though!  It fixed the big problems for me (surround sound and inconsistent remote controller response).  This double delete thing is small potatoes.

@raydog1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@m45warrior1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

1.49.03 and  1.34

????

Why are my issues small potatoes and yours are not?  We have stereo surround sound on our TV and its fine but happy yours is now better. We use our DVR so much and I don't think having to delete a show twice all of  a sudden is minor. I also don't think the picture going darker when we delete a recording or simply exit out of one  and having to take several actions to get back to a channel is minor. I have strong objections to  basic user interfaces going backward when other things are added or  fixed.

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

Juat got an email about Watchlists.

"

View Online    Service Alert     Dear XFINITY TV Subscriber,

Your online XFINITY Watchlist will soon be available on all TVs in your household that are connected to eligible Comcast set-top boxes. The Watchlist on your TV will be available for the primary Comcast ID on your account. To view your Watchlist on the TV, just press Menu on your remote, select iTV, and then Watchlist. Watch your favorite TV shows and movies any time they are on XFINITY On Demand™. To add more TV Shows and Movies to your Watchlist, you will still need to sign in with your Comcast ID on xfinitytv.comcast.net/.

As the primary account user, no action is needed if you want to share your Watchlist with all TVs in your household that are connected to eligible Comcast set-top boxes. To prevent your Watchlist from appearing on your TVs, you will need to visit your personalization settings at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings.

This upgraded feature will ensure you continue to enjoy unparalleled access to your list of movies and TV shows you love to watch either online or on your TV. As more and better ways to watch at home or on the go emerge, you’ll continue to have easy access and a great viewing experience with XFINITY TV.

To learn more about your Watchlist, visit http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/watchlist-stb/. To view your current Watchlist, visithttp://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/. If you have forgotten your Comcast ID or don’t know the primary Comcast ID, please visit login.comcast.net/myaccount/lookup.

I am signed up everywhere I know to sign up but I don't get useful emails like this from Comcast. I get monthly movie news and other informational email but nothing that really helps me. What am I doing wrong? Is this watchlist on the screen part of 2.0 which we all don't have yet?

Expert

is this the 'reminder' system so many 'want'? (re: watchlist on the x1 equipment)

Problem Solver

Watchlist is not supported by x1. It is used primarily by people without a DVR. If you want to record something that is not in guguide yet, than use the search feature and set to record..when it pops up in the guide in the future than it will record the asset for you.
Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@raydog1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@m45warrior1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

1.49.03 and  1.34

????

@raydog1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@m45warrior1 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

1.49.03 and  1.34

????

Why are my issues small potatoes and yours are not?  We have stereo surround sound on our TV and its fine but happy yours is now better. We use our DVR so much and I don't think having to delete a show twice all of  a sudden is minor. I also don't think the picture going darker when we delete a recording or simply exit out of one  and having to take several actions to get back to a channel is minor. I have strong objections to  basic user interfaces going backward when other things are added or  fixed.

"Small potatoes" meaning "I'm betting it's something they can fix pretty easily".  That's all.  Believe me, I wasn't trying to suggest the issue is inconsequential.  Just that it's probably not going to take a "Update 3.0" to correct.

Silver Problem Solver

@gotpizza wrote:
Watchlist is not supported by x1. It is used primarily by people without a DVR. If you want to record something that is not in guguide yet, than use the search feature and set to record..when it pops up in the guide in the future than it will record the asset for you.

Phooey.  I see that now that I went to the website.  Talk about a "broadside".