@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Good morning.  Just a quick update...we are in fact starting to move set tops to the latest XRE server (1.50).  If you don't see your boxes pointed there today, you should soon.  This new version resolves several issues posted here including "slow UI interaction" and "double delete."  Thanks for all your great feedback!  Many of the bug fixes are a direct result of your comments here!

Neal,

The "slow UI interaction" is not fixed. It's the same as 1.49.03 for me and began with the 2.0 rollout. I also still have the darkened screen issue where you need to press exit to clear it.

Can you post an image of the "darkened screen" issue you're seeing?  I'd like to get this over to the team today and cannot replicate the issue.  I can also give you an email address to send the image to if it would be easier.  As for slow UI interaction, where exactly do you see this in the UI?  Thanks, Neal

easy to recreate. play a recorded asset for 5 minutes. Hit 'D' button and select delete. screen will not return to menu but to a darkened menu screen with live video behind it. CC continues to print out.

I cannot duplicate this issue on any of my boxes.  Can you tell me what XRE server version you're pointing to?

Neal,

This has happened to me on 1.50.04 and all 1.49.xx XRE releases. FYI, my box is an Arris running 2.0p3.

Hi 2themax.  Your X1 DVR is behind in firmware version.  I am pushing it the latest code right now.  Please test tonight.  You should see MX011AN_2.0p10s1_PROD_HYBse on the box in the next hour.  It will reboot after the download is complete.  Thanks, Neal

Neal,

My box was still on 2.0p9 when I got home. I rebooted it and still 2.0p9. Is my box not taking 2.0p10 for some reason?

Neal, same issue here, i am still on p9

Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Good morning.  Just a quick update...we are in fact starting to move set tops to the latest XRE server (1.50).  If you don't see your boxes pointed there today, you should soon.  This new version resolves several issues posted here including "slow UI interaction" and "double delete."  Thanks for all your great feedback!  Many of the bug fixes are a direct result of your comments here!

Neal,

The "slow UI interaction" is not fixed. It's the same as 1.49.03 for me and began with the 2.0 rollout. I also still have the darkened screen issue where you need to press exit to clear it.

Can you post an image of the "darkened screen" issue you're seeing?  I'd like to get this over to the team today and cannot replicate the issue.  I can also give you an email address to send the image to if it would be easier.  As for slow UI interaction, where exactly do you see this in the UI?  Thanks, Neal

easy to recreate. play a recorded asset for 5 minutes. Hit 'D' button and select delete. screen will not return to menu but to a darkened menu screen with live video behind it. CC continues to print out.

I cannot duplicate this issue on any of my boxes.  Can you tell me what XRE server version you're pointing to?

Neal,

This has happened to me on 1.50.04 and all 1.49.xx XRE releases. FYI, my box is an Arris running 2.0p3.

Hi 2themax.  Your X1 DVR is behind in firmware version.  I am pushing it the latest code right now.  Please test tonight.  You should see MX011AN_2.0p10s1_PROD_HYBse on the box in the next hour.  It will reboot after the download is complete.  Thanks, Neal

Neal,

My box was still on 2.0p9 when I got home. I rebooted it and still 2.0p9. Is my box not taking 2.0p10 for some reason?

Sorry I see that it failed.  I'm attempting the DL again and will watch it.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

Neal,

Neal,

Your box is upgraded now to 2.0p10s1.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

thanks Neal, I can confirm I am now on p10
Regular Contributor

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

Neal,

Neal,

Thanks Neal. I'll check it out tonight.

Problem Solver

I am now also on 2.0p10, what is this supposed to improve?

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

Look at top right where your 'avator' is and there is a pull down menu for profile,etc. The log in/ log out is up there too. There is also a 'bell' with number of notifications.  The changes they made will take time to get used to but the forum now looks more like a 'standard'. I hate change but I like it so far.

I must have been online Just as they rolled out the things you mentioned because the Avatar and Login plus other stuff you mentioned weren't there and I looked all over the web page. Today it's all  there. The insert picture and paste from word now work in reply mode so that's very good and will improve this forum a lot.

One day as I was Hiking.... Ha ! Ha !

BansheeSaucer.jpg

Problem Solver

2.0 improved many things. it also allows the the new xr11 remote to be used.
Regular Contributor

Ray, I think scjohnson was referring to the difference between p3, p9 and p 10 within 2.0. 

Regular Contributor

Molecule.gif

I'm still on 1.49.11 and STB 2.0p9x3 and get the black screen and slow response to the point where I check to see if the remote lights up when I press a button. The slowness comes and goes. I also failed to get a "recording set" confirmation the other day but it was listed in scheduled recordings. Almost all the things reported here have been documented many times in the past and I can't help but wonder when we as subscribers can expect the Comcast programming team to finally stabilize this system. I and many others with a lot of programming experience are scratching our heads in frustration as we watch this system Work/not Work.It  feels like some sort of Roulette game programming wise.

Aside: Nice of Comcast to tell us they were changing the forum format. Yeah, right ! The new format seems to be improved in many aspects so Good Job, but how about a heads up first next time ?

As anyone can see you can not only insert a picture but also a animated gif format type. Adding short video clips would be nice Smiley Happy

Problem Solver

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Ray, I think scjohnson was referring to the difference between p3, p9 and p 10 within 2.0. 

Yes, more specifically p9s3 and p10s1.

Regular Contributor

can the avatar be changed?

Regular Contributor

@chuclkw wrote:

can the avatar be changed?

Yes ! Click on your Little Avatar picture at the top of the forum, then select profile from the drop down list. Then select edit profile. Then Click on the tab labeled "Avatars" and select a pictue from the drop down lists or  one of your own pictures or one from the web.
Valued Contributor

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Molecule.gif

I'm still on 1.49.11 and STB 2.0p9x3 and get the black screen and slow response to the point where I check to see if the remote lights up when I press a button. The slowness comes and goes. I also failed to get a "recording set" confirmation the other day but it was listed in scheduled recordings. Almost all the things reported here have been documented many times in the past and I can't help but wonder when we as subscribers can expect the Comcast programming team to finally stabilize this system. I and many others with a lot of programming experience are scratching our heads in frustration as we watch this system Work/not Work.It  feels like some sort of Roulette game programming wise.

Aside: Nice of Comcast to tell us they were changing the forum format. Yeah, right ! The new format seems to be improved in many aspects so Good Job, but how about a heads up first next time ?

As anyone can see you can not only insert a picture but also a animated gif format type. Adding short video clips would be nice Smiley Happy

Does it support animated audio? There is plenty of that I'd like to send Comcast's way!  :-)

Regular Contributor

Another nice feature in this new forum format is the reply button just below the blurb at the start of the thread. This allows you to reply to the thread in general without having to reply to a specific post by someone else. It's almost like starting a new thread but actually is a thread within a thread.

Along with all the negative stuff I have experienced lately is the sound breaking up on some on demand shows I have been watching. At first I thought it might be embedded in the source so I stopped the video and reloaded it then backed it up to the "Bad" part. However, the sound was okay so I know the source recording was not at fault.. Stopping the video and restarting it seems to cure the problem. It only has happened while viewing "On Demand" and is spotty at that. Anyone else notice this ?

Regular Contributor

@m45warrior1 wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Molecule.gif

Does it support animated audio? There is plenty of that I'd like to send Comcast's way!  :-)

Unfortunately, the forum doesn't support true video files with audio.  The limit on a picture file's size was 2 mb in the past. I don't know if this has changed but I doubt it. The 2 mb size limit would make almost any video with sound only a second or two long anyway. If it wasn't for the use of compression techniques the modern DVD movie as you know it wouldn't exist. Raw uncompressed video burns up space at a alarming rate. See below for TV data rates of uncompressed video.

Since your standard DVD is about 5.2 gb you can see where compression is necessary.

1080i and 1080p HDTV uncompressed

@8 bit @ 1920 x 1080 @ 24fps = 95 MB/s, or 334 GB/hr.
@10 bit @ 1920 x 1080 @ 24fps = 127 MB/s, or 445 GB/hr.

@8 bit @ 1920 x 1080 @ 25fps = 99 MB/s, or 348 GB/hr.
@10 bit @ 1920 x 1080 @ 25fps = 132 MB/s, or 463 GB/hr.

@8 bit @ 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97fps = 119 MB/s, or 417 GB/hr.
@10 bit @ 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97fps = 158 MB/s, or 556 GB/hr.

BJ

Diamond Problem Solver
Regular Contributor

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@ComcastNeal wrote:

Neal,

Neal,

Neal,

Thanks Neal. I'll check it out tonight.

Neal,

My box again failed to take the firmware. I am still on 2.0p9 as of this morning.

Silver Problem Solver

Still no addition for March Updates.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Molecule.gif

I'm on 1.50.05 and fw 2.0...s10 now still getting the black(dark) screen cover with CC in normal brightness on top of it when I do an early delete (usually when the announcer says 'scenes from next week after this commercial break')

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Got 1.50 last night and 'so far...knock on wood'.....

1. double delete is no more when deleting before recording reaches the end

2. no darkened screen after deleting AND it returns me to the recorded list after the delete

3. No more slot machine rolling on recorded list using page up/down

YIPPEEE and BRAVO and thank you NEAL for pursuing these bugs

Expert

My greenie was still on 2.0..s9 and 149.xx so hard booted bot got 150.05 and 2.0..s10

this one is hooked up to a sony receiver had no sound at all on reboot even from TV speakers. rebooted each device separately nothing fixed it. Then thought about audio settings (had never ever changed while blueies had that issue). Changed it from stereo to surround instantly sound began working. 

passing on the 'upgrade' bug no idea why stereo didn't work.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

My greenie was still on 2.0..s9 and 149.xx so hard booted bot 150.05 and 2.0..s10

this one is hooked up to a sony receiver had no sound at all on reboot even from TV speakers. rebooted each device separately nothing fixed it. Then thought about audio settings (had never ever changed while blueies had that issue). Changed it from stereo to surround instantly sound began working. 

passing on the 'upgrade' bug no idea why stereo didn't work.

I haven't gotten 1.50 yet and hope i don't have this issue because i have mine on stereo because the output is better quality than surround.

New Poster

Is there any update on the resolution issue? It hasn't been mentioned lately but I am still experiencing the default to 720p from 1080p every time I turn the TV off an on. 

Expert

@jnisbe21 wrote:

Is there any update on the resolution issue? It hasn't been mentioned lately but I am still experiencing the default to 720p from 1080p every time I turn the TV off an on. 

on your settings>about what are your versions for XRE and receiver?

Problem Solver

You won't get anything past 720p anyways. The easiest way keep it from going to 720 Is take 720 off your tvs res options.  Not all tvs has those options,  but many do. in theory if the tv wont support 720 than it should not kick over to that.

Regular Contributor

If you referr back to the page before this to neal's reply to me you will see that they are working on a firmware issue to fix the resolution matter.in the meantime, I have just been going into device settings on the X 1 box and switching it to 1080 every time I turn on the TV. This should work for you also.

Problem Solver

It is hard for some to push an extra button..

Regular Contributor

Push button to switch to1080 or to go back to page14 of this thread or both?

Problem Solver

With the xr11 remote you can simply say "device settings".

Regular Contributor

@gotpizza wrote:

Works on iPhone app too

Problem Solver

I remember when I had to get of the couch and switch the cable box from regular cable to pay tv In order to watch HBO. This was until I figured out how to use a 9 volt battery,  a nail, and some copper wire to get free HBO..

Problem Solver

Geek I passed right by your house the other day. Did you see me wave? Cant wait for Easter when the traffic goes away..

Problem Solver

Do any Comcasters have some insight about what the new "Environment" label on the About dialog represents in 1.50?

Problem Solver

I haven't seen much for change with the 50p5. Could have just have been a stability change. The "environment" could mean anything. Maybe what type of system the head in is using. Mine says b3cb. What does yours say?
Problem Solver

@gotpizza wrote:
I haven't seen much for change with the 50p5. Could have just have been a stability change. The "environment" could mean anything. Maybe what type of system the head in is using. Mine says b3cb. What does yours say?

wc-x6

Most Valued Poster

@gotpizza wrote:

I want the XR11 so badly but its my understanding that its not available in all market areas. Can it be ordered on line?

Problem Solver

Terri I might be quicker to order it online once it's avalable.

Silver Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@gotpizza wrote:

I want the XR11 so badly but its my understanding that its not available in all market areas. Can it be ordered on line?

This web site has a "tell me when it is available" link:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/products/xr11

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@gotpizza wrote:

my x1 Remote smartphone app worked with that command too gotpizza (device settings). Interesting. My bluie pace DVR no soundbar/no receiver has environment b3ca

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - finally got 1.50.05

Last night the box upgraded to 1.50.05,  2.0p10s1 with Environment b4cc.

The only thing I have noticed so far is the "Test Signal" in Comcast labs would always say "Unknown" now it actually tests it and says good. Not that I use this because the Diagnostic menu you can pull up is much more informative. I don't know if this is true data because I copied it from a post made by someone else months ago but to see the diagnostic menu, do this:

(I have an Arris Box)

1. Hold down exit button for more than 5 seconds
2. Press the down arrow twice
3. Press 2

4. Arrow down and select "System"

5. Arrow down and select DOCIS

****************** The Values below were supplied by someone else ***********************

Downstream received should be between 8 and -8
Downstream SNR should be over 35
Upstream Power should be between 35 and 51

Looking at this stuff it  can be enlightening. My values are all ok according to the above parameters except my Upstream Power is 52, not enough over the limit to worry about.

BJ

Regular Contributor

I never knew about that Dx page. I just ran my Dx and mine were all in line. Good info. Thanks.
Gold Problem Solver

Beo,

In my experience with X1, I have found that excessive upstream can be X1's biggest weak spot (other than all of the missing guide features which is another conversation). I find it hard to believe that number isn't causing you issues. However, obviously there are other variables involved.

I have been quoted many times as not having any major issues with X1. I suspect the main reason is I have NEVER seen my upstream above 39. It is usually 33 to 36. If you don't have a PPC Evo amp I think you need one. If any of my X1 boxes showed an upstream of 52, I would have fxed it yesterday.

Beo, I have always appreciated your unique insight and your contributions to this forum. I would not be saying this to you unless I thought NOTEWORTHY improvements could be made. Get that upstream fixed...

@BeowolfJones wrote:

The only thing I have noticed so far is the "Test Signal" in Comcast labs would always say "Unknown" now it actually tests it and says good. Not that I use this because the Diagnostic menu you can pull up is much more informative. I don't know if this is true data because I copied it from a post made by someone else months ago but to see the diagnostic menu, do this:

(I have an Arris Box)

3. Press 2

****************** The Values below were supplied by someone else ***********************

Looking at this stuff it  can be enlightening. My values are all ok according to the above parameters except my Upstream Power is 52, not enough over the limit to worry about.

BJ

Expert

@BeowolfJones wrote:

(I have an Arris Box)

3. Press 2

BJ

I would note that the DOCSIS (data over coax) page referenced is the internal to the x1 device modem that the device uses to get menus, updates, guide info, app access. 

for tuners use Summary>in-band network (shows each channel) and same summary>error. Also, more info is on System>in-band network (shows more tuner information)

With the latest firmware updates (mine is 2.0..p10) the five tuners are used on a rotating basis not always lowest first. So you can tune by typing in the channel number>OK for 5 different channels and then go into the settings to see how well you get each channel. the screens listed above will show the type of QAM channel the signal is carried on, for example QAM256).

Expert

interesting, today my environment changed to b3cb from b3ca with no version changes no equipment changes.

Regular Contributor

I am really curious what this "environment" means. Maybee Andrew or Neal can shed some light in it. Since I don't have 1.50 yet, I can't shed any light...
Problem Solver

Yes we want know....what is this? Environment? 

Gold Problem Solver

All three of my Arris DVRs are now connecting to a 1.50.05 server. It's very quick and crisp. I haven't noted any issues yet. I am curious about the "environment".

@brandonbob2376 wrote:
I am really curious what this "environment" means. Maybee Andrew or Neal can shed some light in it. Since I don't have 1.50 yet, I can't shed any light...

Problem Solver

Rick I miss my pace box. Even though this arris puts out better color than my pace did, it is just too slow for pizzaman...my environment just changed again, it is now aec2...

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - Environment

Mine is now p3cF.

For grins:

Handy Dandy Comcast Customer Problem Guide

Your X1 box says “DVR service unavailable.” You Should:

1. Call Comcast and waste a few hours.
  2. Make sure the box is plugged in and the coax cable is connected
  3. Reboot the box and hope for the best
  4. Watch a DVD on your blue – ray player.

Your X1 box is stuck on “Connecting to your X1 Experience” message. You should:

Your X1 box says “Unable to tune to channel” when you try to change the channel. You Should:

Your X1 box has an “Unknown Error.” You should:

Be well folks.