Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Good point, but advanced controls and auto pad are both still in labs for me, and when I turn the controls off they do revert as expected.
Bronze Problem Solver

@lightstorm22 wrote:
Good point, but advanced controls and auto pad are both still in labs for me, and when I turn the controls off they do revert as expected.

Adv controls is gone on my labs menu, but is active. Auto pad is still in the labs menu though

EDIT: Just checked tonights recordings and their lenght is 4 minutes longer than they should be, so it really looks like auto pad is on even though labs setting is set to off. Last nights are the correct 30 or 60 minute length.

Expert

@RachelS2 wrote:

hi everyone,

so today (11/01/2016) i turned on the tv and noticed some things.

1. everything was automatically autopaded. i read this in the forum and found my tv was included, o far it hasnt aused any problems but im not looking forwatd to the nights when i have 4 shows that start at once and 3 people watching a different tv (tuner). hope this isnt permanent.

2. their is a new on screen controless menue that pops up when fast forwarding/pausing/etc. it has a nice minimalist design that i kinda like. on the left it the CC/SAP options in the midle is pause/skip to begining and on the left is a Next menue that pulls up the list of episodes and lets you select the next one.

3. Netflix is in Labs now so that will be neet to try out.

seems nice, except for the padding thing.

anything i missed, guys?

hi, re: #1 you have an XG1 DVR and some companion set top boxes. Do you know if you have at least one XG2 companion box (long blue LED on corner edge)? If so that companion box can loan out tuners and DoCSIS service to up to 3 other companion boxes, freeing up your XG1 tuners to use for recording of shows. If the DVR is other than a very early Pace version 1 model it has  6 tuners to use to record/watch at one time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@RachelS2 wrote:

hi everyone,

so today (11/01/2016) i turned on the tv and noticed some things.

1. everything was automatically autopaded. i read this in the forum and found my tv was included, o far it hasnt aused any problems but im not looking forwatd to the nights when i have 4 shows that start at once and 3 people watching a different tv (tuner). hope this isnt permanent.

2. their is a new on screen controless menue that pops up when fast forwarding/pausing/etc. it has a nice minimalist design that i kinda like. on the left it the CC/SAP options in the midle is pause/skip to begining and on the left is a Next menue that pulls up the list of episodes and lets you select the next one.

3. Netflix is in Labs now so that will be neet to try out.

seems nice, except for the padding thing.

anything i missed, guys?

yes, Rachel, these are the updates I saw too and they made me very happy!!! I get some others are not happy but each is entitled to their opinions. I believe auto pad ensures that there will not be conflicts created by the autopad. I further believe if those that are not happy would just let the auto pad do its job they will see that none of their recordings fail to occur. I also believe that is the entire concept of auto pad in that it helps to not miss parts of shows while not creating additional conflicts, but one of the comcast reps can confirm this when they have a moment. I do understand though the frustration of those that have chosen to not enable the feature and it suddenly being enabled without their choice. My point is maybe if you give autopad a chance you might find it to be very useful!

Unfortunately the auto padding caused conflicks. I had three show scheduled at 9 PM last night and four shows at 10 PM. Unfortunately one of the 10 PM shows did not record.

Another problem I see. The guide showed NCIS as a new eipsode but the list shows it as watched. 

Regular Contributor

Perfect example of why it is not ok for it to be enabled for everyone when it's a lab feature and the user has it disabled.

And my earlier post was baiting? Come on. Double standard that you can praise Comcast all you want, some people to the point of what could be considered trolling, and that's ok, but the slightest criticism is not. Here is a cleaned up version.

Some people may or may not like the auto padding feature, or any other feature specifically in labs. If Comcast takes things out of labs and does not provide options for turning them on or off, then we have to live with that. If they take them out of labs and make them configurable in settings, and the settings work, that's fine. But nothing in labs should be enabled for anyone unless they choose to enable them, and of course nothing in labs that a user sets to "OFF" should actually be on. That's the definition of a bug and it is affecting people. It sounds like Rachel got to experience auto padding and new playback controls even though she has them disabled. I have been hit by the auto pad bug too. Whether a user wants it, likes it, or hates it, if it is turned off in labs and the feature is enabled anyway then that is a bug and should be fixed. In fact, it doesn't even matter if it's in labs or not. The box should obey any available setting a user selects. I guess just the fact that these are in labs and getting forced on people makes it a little bit worse.

Most Valued Poster

It's stunning how silent the Comcast reps are when there's an actual bug, as opposed to an irrelevant new feature.

If nothing else, a "we've verified the issue and are working on it", would go a long way.   And is SOP for any other company.

But no, brandonbob, I don't think we need a rep to weigh in to let us know if autopad can magically record without causing conflicts, unless there's some new "software tuner" that's been added, you still have the same number of tuners you had before the update, and that is what will determine when you get a conflict.

Bronze Problem Solver

@tctc wrote:

It's stunning how silent the Comcast reps are when there's an actual bug, as opposed to an irrelevant new feature.

If nothing else, a "we've verified the issue and are working on it", would go a long way.   And is SOP for any other company.

But no, brandonbob, I don't think we need a rep to weigh in to let us know if autopad can magically record without causing conflicts, unless there's some new "software tuner" that's been added, you still have the same number of tuners you had before the update, and that is what will determine when you get a conflict.

A comcast rep did state that if auto pad causes a conflict, the auto pad will not happen to resolve the conflict. I have no idea if this feature of the feature really works......

Source:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Auto-Pad-Recordings/m-p/2821784/highlight/true#M116686

Regular Contributor

@mvenanzi wrote:

@tctc wrote:

A comcast rep did state that if auto pad causes a conflict, the auto pad will not happen to resolve the conflict. I have no idea if this feature of the feature really works......

Source:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Auto-Pad-Recordings/m-p/2821784/highlight/true#M116686

thank you! that was my point, I appreciate someone beside me saying what we know to be true. the only reason why I said a rep can confirm this is becuase I could not find that post. thanks again for your help!

Regular Contributor

Well auto pad is also on when it's supposed to be off, so who knows what we can trust.
Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Source:

thank you! that was my point, I appreciate someone beside me saying what we know to be true.

Is that for the Labs autopad, or the newly occuring autopad, which is what people are asking about.

Bronze Problem Solver

Someone else try this and report back.

I looked at my scheduled recordings and they all started 1 min early and 3 mins late, effects of auto padding. I selected one of the series, went to options, selected all episodes, then adjusted start and stop times to what I wanted, then selected confirm. After that this show and all others lost the auto padding and reverted back to what I set when I set the recordings.

Bronze Problem Solver

@tctc wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote:

Source:

thank you! that was my point, I appreciate someone beside me saying what we know to be true.

Is that for the Labs autopad, or the newly occuring autopad, which is what people are asking about.

I don't believe comcast added another version of auto pad into the firmware, from what I just posted previously, I think their last firmware update had a glitch that reset all our scheduled recording as if auto pad was turned on even though we had it turned off.

Valued Contributor

@mvenanzi wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@mvenanzi wrote:

Source:

I don't believe comcast added another version of auto pad into the firmware, from what I just posted previously, I think their last firmware update had a glitch that reset all our scheduled recording as if auto pad was turned on even though we had it turned off.

Yes, that worked for me too... someone suggested it in another thread also.

Regular Contributor

@mvenanzi wrote:

Someone else try this and report back.

I looked at my scheduled recordings and they all started 1 min early and 3 mins late, effects of auto padding. I selected one of the series, went to options, selected all episodes, then adjusted start and stop times to what I wanted, then selected confirm. After that this show and all others lost the auto padding and reverted back to what I set when I set the recordings.

I tried this trick and it worked for me too!

Regular Contributor

I'll give it a shot. Doesn't sound like fun for people with a ton of scheduled recordings. Also doesn't sound like fun if auto pad gets enabled again without notice and resets them all back to where they were before you fixed them.
Most Valued Poster

@lightstorm22 wrote:
I'll give it a shot. Doesn't sound like fun for people with a ton of scheduled recordings. Also doesn't sound like fun if auto pad gets enabled again without notice and resets them all back to where they were before you fixed them.

Hah, yeah, I wouldn't call that a trick so much as a painful bug workaround.

Kinda like setting your alarm clock for 3 minutes before a show starts and going and selecting the channel and hitting record, and then again for 3 minutes after the show is over and hitting stop.  As a workaround for not having extend...

Bronze Problem Solver

@lightstorm22 wrote:

You only have to do this for one scheduled recording, the action causes all the scheduled recording to reset to their unpadded settings. Its like doing this really turns off the auto pad.

Most Valued Poster

Oh, well that's a great tip then, nice work!

@mvenanzi wrote:

@lightstorm22 wrote:

You only have to do this for one scheduled recording, the action causes all the scheduled recording to reset to their unpadded settings. Its like doing this really turns off the auto pad.

Regular Contributor

Bazaar .. that WORKED for me as well. Thank you !!!!!
Regular Contributor

It looks like there was an slight update to the interface with the recent update.
Valued Contributor

I'm beyond unhappy with this change. What the heck is Comcast thinking? I don't know why they couldn't just leave well enough alone with what they were recently using and leave the dumb new progress bar in the Labs section where it belongs.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - An Update

I was having a problem with my X1 box this morning and finally called Comcast. After the usual rigmarole of the automated menu system I was finally connected to a rep that was salient for once. The box was on it's second trip through a 20 MINUTE countdown update when I decided to call.  Can't the Comcast Engineers devise a system that doesn't take a 20 MINUTE countdown to install ?  Com'n I should be able to do a 30 item KBXXXXX windows update of 750 mb total in that amount of time. However, the rep was very helpful and pushed a new firmware version down as well once we got the box working. I was able to voice many of our shared concerns and she promised to bring them up  them at a meeting she was due to  attend that morning. I made sure to mention how everyone misses the buffer recoding feature we used to have. So, we'll see.

I hope the next XRE box version doesn't put the Kaputnick on the new playback controls because I really like them.  I haven't had the autopad problem but my just mentioning it is sure to cause the Comcast software bug gremlin to visit my house soon. AArgh ! 

Expert

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I was having a problem with my X1 box this morning and finally called Comcast. After the usual rigmarole of the automated menu system I was finally connected to a rep that was salient for once. The box was on it's second trip through a 20 MINUTE countdown update when I decided to call.  Can't the Comcast Engineers devise a system that doesn't take a 20 MINUTE countdown to install ?  Com'n I should be able to do a 30 item KBXXXXX windows update of 750 mb total in that amount of time. However, the rep was very helpful and pushed a new firmware version down as well once we got the box working. I was able to voice many of our shared concerns and she promised to bring them up  them at a meeting she was due to  attend that morning. I made sure to mention how everyone misses the buffer recoding feature we used to have. So, we'll see.

I hope the next XRE box version doesn't put the Kaputnick on the new playback controls because I really like them.  I haven't had the autopad problem but my just mentioning it is sure to cause the Comcast software bug gremlin to visit my house soon. AArgh ! 

the newest XRE has graduated the new playback controls to everyone. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

the newest XRE has graduated the new playback controls to everyone. 

But it's a secret, no one can know about it until Peter Nush posts the latest great Feature Updates...

Most Valued Poster

My playback controls just officially changed.

Any specific reason why they decided to change them? I prefer the old ones. There was nothing wrong with them.

Old ones were cleaner and showed artwork. The design on the new one is all spaced out and takes up more real estate on the screen (top & bottom).

Step back & waste of time imo.

At a very minimum, can we at least bring back the artwork?

grr

Most Valued Poster

Oops, the artwork is still there.

But why does is the overlay visible when changing channels? It hangs there for a while. And the gradient overlay is visually unappealing.

Now if they could at least move the artwork & title back to the bottom instead of the top, and do away with the gradient overlay, it would be ok.

Current state is a visual/design mess imo
Silver Problem Solver

@adammusic22 wrote:
Oops, the artwork is still there.

But why does is the overlay visible when changing channels? It hangs there for a while. And the gradient overlay is visually unappealing.

Now if they could at least move the artwork & title back to the bottom instead of the top, and do away with the gradient overlay, it would be ok.

Current state is a visual/design mess imo

If you are referring to what I think you are, I just press the Exit button to make it disappear.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

I also hit exit a lot when I get impatient with what's on screen.

I have not gotten the software update forcing the new controls on me. I do have them enabled in Labs to try to get used to them though, but I go back and forth on which I like better. Just curious, but once they're forced on you, is there nothing in Settings to go back to the old ones?
Silver Problem Solver

@lightstorm22 wrote:
I also hit exit a lot when I get impatient with what's on screen.

I have not gotten the software update forcing the new controls on me. I do have them enabled in Labs to try to get used to them though, but I go back and forth on which I like better. Just curious, but once they're forced on you, is there nothing in Settings to go back to the old ones?

No, they are in "test" mode while offered as an option in Labs.  Once they are moved into production and the Labs option is removed, there is no going back.

A bit of history;  if you search this forum for older posts, you will find quite a bit of angst over going from V1 X1 to V2 X1.  Smiley Happy

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Contributor

I can't believe not one mention of Netflix available now on version 1.68.06?? Seems 10 times more impactful than playback etc. how long has it been available??

Silver Problem Solver

@Genesis722 wrote:

I can't believe not one mention of Netflix available now on version 1.68.06?? Seems 10 times more impactful than playback etc. how long has it been available??

It has taken close to two weeks to roll out the change across the nation to all markets.  I would estimate there are 20 million X1 customers.  

Regular Contributor

Lol yeah I do remember going from X1v1 to X1v2 and how much people were freaking out about it. It was actually within a month or two of me upgrading to X1. At the time I also remember liking the old way more, though now I can't even remember what it looked like.

I get it about things moving from Labs to Production. I was just wondering because sometimes it's an option that moves over and not a forced changed. Sounds like playback controls are all or nothing though.

I saw Netflix in labs a few weeks back. Is that graduated too now? I tried it once and it seemed super slow compared to Samsung or Xbox One, so I haven't tried it since.
Diamond Problem Solver

@Genesis722 wrote:

Netflix was officially launched to all X1 customers, as of today. It's been talked about quite a bit here

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Netflix-Beta-Program-on-X1/td-p/2802043

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I'm tired of enduring these improperly tested updates that keep breaking other things. All the things added in the last year I already had for 7 years when I was on Dish. This system is not what is advertised. You can't watch any show anywhere because it can't upload your X1 DVR recordings to the cloud so if your show isn't on the Cloud DVR you're out of luck. And to make things worse, you can't watch your cloud recordings on a TV. You can't throw, cast or sling them without it telling you you have to watch it on a portable device. So much for the anywhere part. The anytime part is also a lie. Shows that get automatically erased even though they're supposed to be saved for a year don't always show up the next day and when they do they sometimes aren't even in HD. There's no log to even tell you why, when you get home to watch a recording, it isn't there.

The latest update has messed up being able to resume a recording. No matter where I stop watching a show when I go to resume the next morning it's been reset to the beginning.

For a couple of weeks the Guide was broken and every time I input a channel number it would say it couldn't find it even if it was on the same screen. That was finally fixed last week.

You took away the option to switch back to the normal controls. I used to be able to easily turn on CC simply by pressing the down arrow and then OK. Now if I've paused the video and restarted, the highlight is stuck on pause so I have to first check if I scroll over to the 3 dots to turn on CC or just press OK. Why did you have to take away the normal controls, I don't need huge icons, I need consistency.

One problem no one seems to be able to fix is why my DVR records a program and then immediately erases it even though it's set to save for 1 year. These boxes are DEFECTIVE!

Regular Contributor

There's no mention because it doesn't work yet. If we go by the history of Comcast, we will no longer be using cable boxes by the time they get that working. They still can't get X1 to work properly, yet they keep moving along introducing ridiculous senseless changes. Why not work on improving stability? Speed? Equipment? Nah, Comcast labs is more important. 

Regular Contributor

It doesn't work on my TV. It says "on" in gray. I go to apps (already entered my info) click Netflix, it spins, click to play something...more spinning. Basically, it's like being on dial up. It's so frustrating!!!! Why can't Comcast do ANYTHING right? It truly amazes me. 

Problem Solver

I'm confused about the graduation of "New Playback Controls" from Comcast Labs.  What happened to the "Skip to End" function that was re-introduced in update 1.67.  What's the point of having users test out features, then change it completely when it finally goes into production? The previous version of "Skip to End" would basically go to the end of the asset, and exit the watch screen, rendering the asset "Watched". Then it was changed to forward to about the last 4 minutes of a recording. Now it's gone completely. Confusing to say the least.

Obviously, Comcast can do whatever they want, but it would seem more logical to show a final iteration in Comcast Labs, instead of releasing the change with a completely different look and usefulness.

Regular Contributor

I got 1.67 last night and I have noticed 3 things that have changed.

1. As mentioned by Rustyben the new playback controls are now standard and no longer appear as a choice in Comcast Labs and go to end has gone into the bitbucket.

2. When you pull up the mini-guide while watching a recorded show the guide now defaults to the channel you were on when you switched to playing the show instead of the channel that the recorded show was recorded on. (The previous sentence gives me a headache).

3. The progress bar displayed while playing a recorded show now shows time remaining to be played on the right hand side instead of the total time of the recording.

Verrry Interesting !

Expert

@sperling3920 wrote:

It doesn't work on my TV. It says "on" in gray. I go to apps (already entered my info) click Netflix, it spins, click to play something...more spinning. Basically, it's like being on dial up. It's so frustrating!!!! Why can't Comcast do ANYTHING right? It truly amazes me. 

i've got really great data speed and response normally but netflix app is so slow in starting over a minute before you can see a menu. I'm playing title Test Patterns" season 2 episode 8 and it does quickly climb to max speed now. (that is a full set up pattern for bright/backlight/contrast/sharpness/chroma).

I think they could really help if they activated the info button during playback instead of the undocumented up arrow 'or' last button. positioning using right arrow is cool though (undocumented). 

Regular Contributor

I'm now running XRE server version 1.68.06 10/31/2016 and have noticed a few unexpected twists on the new playback controls that I didn't see before when I was at 1.67 and had them enabled in Labs.  I'm getting used to the new controls, but there's one change that REALLY annoys me.  Whenever I'm paused, fast forwarding, etc., there's now a nearly opaque grayish-blue "fog" background, behind the playback controls (transport bar), that takes up ~1/4 of the screen and is very annoying.  While fast forwarding now, for instance, I can't even see what I'm fast forwarding through unless I press Exit to get rid of it and reveal the full screen again.  Please either make the playback control background transparent (why not?) or give us another variant of the "Background Darkness Level" setting that exists now under Preferences/General.

Most Valued Poster

They need some gradient so the text doesnt blend with text thats on tv. But they need to move the album artwork and title from the top back down to the bottom, mixed with the playback controls. Theres enough dead space on the bottom to fit it. Having it on the top just dominates the screen.

Or they could have not wasted any time and kept it how it was. Focused that time & resources on fixing auto extend.
Expert

@milehiguy wrote:

I'm now running XRE server version 1.68.06 10/31/2016 and have noticed a few unexpected twists on the new playback controls that I didn't see before when I was at 1.67 and had them enabled in Labs.  I'm getting used to the new controls, but there's one change that REALLY annoys me.  Whenever I'm paused, fast forwarding, etc., there's now a nearly opaque grayish-blue "fog" background, behind the playback controls (transport bar), that takes up ~1/4 of the screen and is very annoying.  While fast forwarding now, for instance, I can't even see what I'm fast forwarding through unless I press Exit to get rid of it and reveal the full screen again.  Please either make the playback control background transparent (why not?) or give us another variant of the "Background Darkness Level" setting that exists now under Preferences/General.

you can remove the navigation panel by pressing the up button at any time.

Regular Contributor

@adammusic22 wrote:
They need some gradient so the text doesnt blend with text thats on tv. But they need to move the album artwork and title from the top back down to the bottom, mixed with the playback controls. Theres enough dead space on the bottom to fit it. Having it on the top just dominates the screen.

Or they could have not wasted any time and kept it how it was. Focused that time & resources on fixing auto extend.

Can't argue with your frustration re: Auto Extend, that's for sure.  As far as the large gray recrangular "fog" area behind the controls, I still think it should be eliminated.  I looked again and small rectangular (for times) and circular (for SAP, CC, etc.) backgrounds are already present, so in my opinion the fog is unnecessary.  If it were eliminated, I'd actually be able to see what's beneath it (i.e. crawler at bottom of ESPN, etc.) while I'm paused or while fast-forwarding, without having to press Exit (or Up arrow) every time to lift the fog.  FWIW, I think it's distracting at the TOP of the screen too (after Ok is pressed for program info).  Too much of the TV screen's precious real estate is being consumed by such things.

Regular Contributor

Totally agree.
Regular Contributor

I'm with you Rusty about Netflix. It must have taken the better part of a minute to get past the spinning load icon. I don't subscribe to Netflix but if this is any indication of how a streamed program would work it would be unwatchable. I hate "buffering" on YouTube so it seems logical this would be more of the same. I have to wonder if people would be exceeding their monthly data limit by streaming NetFlix  . After you hit the limit, the charges pile up very quickly.  This problem of "Buffering" also occurs on Direct TV as I saw the same thing a couple of weeks ago at a friends house. We finally put a movie on the DVR because we got tired of  the constant stoppages trying to watch a streamed video. Comcast still has a long ways to go to make the X1  into what their bogus ads claim about it.

I have said since I started posting on this forum that hooking so much of the software to a cloud based server system was a BAD IDEA. I still think so.

Regular Contributor

Watched Netflix for about an hour today and had crystal clear hd image immediately. No buffering. I even compared it to Netflix on my Apple TV and the image was just as clear. No idea why others aren't having this experience but I would like to thank comcast for the Netflix experience!
Gold Problem Solver

On the issue of Netflix....

I posted this information in the Netflix thread. I own a Roku Ultra and a Roku 4.

In comparison to X1 the Roku boxes offer:

1. 4K UHD. Roku Ultra also has HDR.
2. Dolby Digital Plus.
3. Much faster loading times. Quicker response to the remote.
4. Shortcut buttons for quick access, which can be copied into any decent universal remote control.
5. Functional screen saver.
6. Better 1080P picture quality.

I just wanted people to know there are better ways to go about watching Netflix and they are not expensive...

I agree the cloud based guide was/is a bad idea. However considering every button we press on an X1 remote is going back and forth on the cloud, that means Comcast can collect and therefore sell the information they are collecting.

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I'm with you Rusty about Netflix. It must have taken the better part of a minute to get past the spinning load icon. I don't subscribe to Netflix but if this is any indication of how a streamed program would work it would be unwatchable. I hate "buffering" on YouTube so it seems logical this would be more of the same. I have to wonder if people would be exceeding their monthly data limit by streaming NetFlix  . After you hit the limit, the charges pile up very quickly.  This problem of "Buffering" also occurs on Direct TV as I saw the same thing a couple of weeks ago at a friends house. We finally put a movie on the DVR because we got tired of  the constant stoppages trying to watch a streamed video. Comcast still has a long ways to go to make the X1  into what their bogus ads claim about it.

I have said since I started posting on this forum that hooking so much of the software to a cloud based server system was a BAD IDEA. I still think so.

Regular Contributor

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I have to wonder if people would be exceeding their monthly data limit by streaming NetFlix  . After you hit the limit, the charges pile up very quickly. 

I really think this is not going to be an issue. The new comcast data caps are 1TB of data (at least in Northern California), which as comcast says "One terabyte is a massive amount of data – less than 1% of our customers use that amount in a month."

I have never been close to this and I stream using the best quality in the netflix option settings on my apple TV. Now that the feature is built into X1, I likely will use it more often than the apple TV for convenience. just my 2 cents!

Regular Contributor

@brandonbob2376 wrote:
Watched Netflix for about an hour today and had crystal clear hd image immediately. No buffering. I even compared it to Netflix on my Apple TV and the image was just as clear. No idea why others aren't having this experience but I would like to thank comcast for the Netflix experience!

I have had the same Netflix experience that brandonbob2376 reports for a few days now.  It does take a bit longer to start on the X1 as compared to my smart TV, but once up, it works flawlessly.  I get surround sound and an HD picture equal to that produced on my smart TV.

Regular Contributor

@ThomT wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I have had the same Netflix experience that brandonbob2376 reports for a few days now.  It does take a bit longer to start on the X1 as compared to my smart TV, but once up, it works flawlessly.  I get surround sound and an HD picture equal to that produced on my smart TV.

Thanks ThomT! It makes me feel great that others see what I see. Glad to hear you are in the same boat as I but I do feel bad that others are not getting this same experience. It sounds like a couple of those posting negative experiences are those without actual netflix accounts and are only running a test episode so maybe that is the variable. Just a guess...