Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Are you people kidding me? How many more buttons do you need? Have you even tried the new Video Playback Controls in Comcast labs? It will get you to the last few seconds of a long recording in just a matter of seconds.

 

Here is a video showing it in action, since it seems like some people just want to complain instead of trying.

 


@BeowolfJones wrote:

Yeppers TeriB. At least it isn't yet the minefield of ads on the Comcast web site. Ugh ! Also, Comcast still is very lax on third party ad screening for Virus and worms. After all the time X1 or X? has been out we are still subjected to bugs in the product. I never wrote sofware that didn't get better as time went on and any professional knows what we have been getting is not up to snuff.

 

X1, X1 burning bright

in my view room every night

what colossal boob or dunce

can't make a release

that works for once.

 

Having a button that takes you to the last five minutes of a long recording would be a nice enhancement.

Regular Visitor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

They should have bought Tivo!

Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

ComcastAndrew,

can you explain where the on now menue is located please i have looked around and cant find that but im rather interested in seeing whats playing live in a personalized manner. any help would be nice 

have a nice day


@CCAndrew wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:
Thank you andrew for that information

Update 1.66

 

Updated the On Now menu to display programming that is airing live in a personalized order, so that popular movies and TV shows as well as the user's preferred or favorite content is quick and easy to find.


 

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@RachelS2 wrote:

ComcastAndrew,

can you explain where the on now menue is located please i have looked around and cant find that but im rather interested in seeing whats playing live in a personalized manner. any help would be nice 

have a nice day


@CCAndrew wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:
Thank you andrew for that information

Update 1.66

 

Updated the On Now menu to display programming that is airing live in a personalized order, so that popular movies and TV shows as well as the user's preferred or favorite content is quick and easy to find.


hit guide button 2 times, select movies, first line is 'movies on now'

 

or faster, voice remote "movies on now"



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Suggestion :  Why is there not an EASY way (say in COMCAST LABS) to set the  30 SECOND SKIP?  Seems every time there is an UPDATE, we lose the setting & have to Reset it. But it's honestly a PITA to set each time because it doesn't work for many attempts.  At least that's MY experience. I've already tried the infamous :  EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030  like 5 times. I STILL can't get it to take & am still stuck at the 5 min. Default.

 

Please, give us a simple way to CHOOSE this form some Menu when future updates arrive.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

RachelS2....

 

You can lots of help on whats where and how to get to it and how to use it on Comcast.net website.....https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/x1/

 

There are also  help screens  relating to X1 that may help you understand how things work and where they are located. Press Xfinity button on remote and go to Settings>help.

 

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@Cody21 wrote:

Suggestion :  Why is there not an EASY way (say in COMCAST LABS) to set the  30 SECOND SKIP?  Seems every time there is an UPDATE, we lose the setting & have to Reset it. But it's honestly a PITA to set each time because it doesn't work for many attempts.  At least that's MY experience. I've already tried the infamous :  EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030  like 5 times. I STILL can't get it to take & am still stuck at the 5 min. Default.

 

Please, give us a simple way to CHOOSE this form some Menu when future updates arrive.


The lack of ability to quickly do this, for multiple skip times, should be an embarrasment to the company.   It's like they are a car company that still only offers AM radios.   And no frame by frame is like their cars don't have air-conditioning.   Such old, simple ideas.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@tctc wrote:

@Cody21 wrote:

Suggestion :  Why is there not an EASY way (say in COMCAST LABS) to set the  30 SECOND SKIP?  Seems every time there is an UPDATE, we lose the setting & have to Reset it. But it's honestly a PITA to set each time because it doesn't work for many attempts.  At least that's MY experience. I've already tried the infamous :  EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030  like 5 times. I STILL can't get it to take & am still stuck at the 5 min. Default.

 

Please, give us a simple way to CHOOSE this form some Menu when future updates arrive.


The lack of ability to quickly do this, for multiple skip times, should be an embarrasment to the company.   It's like they are a car company that still only offers AM radios.   And no frame by frame is like their cars don't have air-conditioning.   Such old, simple ideas.

 

OH YES....we should not have to jump thru  'secret code' hoops to change skip times...lol. Should be a settings option...plain and simple.


Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@Rustyben wrote:

@RachelS2 wrote:

ComcastAndrew,

can you explain where the on now menue is located please i have looked around and cant find that but im rather interested in seeing whats playing live in a personalized manner. any help would be nice 

have a nice day


@CCAndrew wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:
Thank you andrew for that information

Update 1.66

 

Updated the On Now menu to display programming that is airing live in a personalized order, so that popular movies and TV shows as well as the user's preferred or favorite content is quick and easy to find.


hit guide button 2 times, select movies, first line is 'movies on now'

 

or faster, voice remote "movies on now"


Thank you for the help i was under the impression it was for tv shows not movies. now i know but will still give it a looksie. thanks again

Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@TerriB wrote:

RachelS2....

 

You can lots of help on whats where and how to get to it and how to use it on Comcast.net website.....https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/x1/

 

There are also  help screens  relating to X1 that may help you understand how things work and where they are located. Press Xfinity button on remote and go to Settings>help.

 


Thank you for the website link. i will give it a looksie. Smiley Happy 

Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

found something new tonight with 1.67.04 (09/27/16) if you need to delete more than one episode in a series from the dvr at once it asks if you want to " Delete, Delete and cancel next recording, cancel" not sure about anything else though. anyone else notice any changes yet?

 

have a wonderfull day

Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@RachelS2 wrote:

found something new tonight with 1.67.04 (09/27/16) if you need to delete more than one episode in a series from the dvr at once it asks if you want to " Delete, Delete and cancel next recording, cancel" not sure about anything else though. anyone else notice any changes yet?

 

have a wonderfull day


I have yet to receive 1.67? Still using 1.66.10  9/13/16.  Maybe they're rolling the updates slowly instead of at the same time?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@RadTV wrote:

@RachelS2 wrote:

found something new tonight with 1.67.04 (09/27/16) if you need to delete more than one episode in a series from the dvr at once it asks if you want to " Delete, Delete and cancel next recording, cancel" not sure about anything else though. anyone else notice any changes yet?

 

have a wonderfull day


I have yet to receive 1.67? Still using 1.66.10  9/13/16.  Maybe they're rolling the updates slowly instead of at the same time?


They are ALWAYS rolled out to each Market.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


RachelS2 wrote:
found something new tonight with 1.67.04 (09/27/16) if you need to delete more than one episode in a series from the dvr at once it asks if you want to " Delete, Delete and cancel next recording, cancel" not sure about anything else though. anyone else notice any changes yet?

have a wonderfull day
I have yet to receive 1.67? Still using 1.66.10 9/13/16. Maybe they're rolling the updates slowly instead of at the same time?
____________________
Yes that's what happens.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I got the 1.67.04 (09/27/16) update last night.

 

I noticed a small change in how the DVR in game highlights feature works.

 

Page up and page down does not skip to each highlight any longer instread now you click the Left and right arrows to jump to each highlight and a little box appears with the teams logo, Play result, down and time left for a football game. Page up and page down now just skips ahead or back like normal. Also you now have to select "Show Highlights" everytime you want to use the DVR in game highlights feature not happy about that as before this update it automatically enabled DVR in game highlights when watching sports. Not sure why Comcast made that change Smiley Sad

 

I also noticed all 3 of my X1 DVR's are slow and sluggish with this update Smiley Sad 

 

I really wish X1 system ran as smooth as butter!!!

 

 

 

Diamond Problem Solver
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

 DVR in game highlights is now not working at all! Smiley Sad

 

Will this be fixed soon?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@gate1975mlm wrote:

 DVR in game highlights is now not working at all! Smiley Sad

 

Will this be fixed soon?


Are your referring to RECORDED games not having highlights?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@RobertWy wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

 DVR in game highlights is now not working at all! Smiley Sad

 

Will this be fixed soon?


Are your referring to RECORDED games not having highlights?


Yes like for example I have the Eagles VS  Steelers game on DVR and no highlights are showing any longer as of a few days ago.

Diamond Problem Solver
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Update 1.67


Added a Remind button to Sports Team entity pages with the ability to set recurring Reminders about programming associated with a specific team. Reminder options include:
Live games only
Live programming (pre- and postgame shows)
All programming (all programs associated with a team)


Added a Delete & Cancel Upcoming option to the Delete Recordings overlay for bulk deletions, making the cancelling of unwanted recurring recordings more accessible to users.


Added a Watch button to TV series entity pages for tuning to an episode or program when it's currently airing.


Updated filtered Guide Views, so that searching for a channel that's not included in that view will display an overlay offering to switch to the All Channels Guide View.


Graduated the Custom Playlist feature from Comcast Labs.
Now accessible via Saved > Playlists.
Playlist button now displayed on the Action Bar for any program that can be added to a playlist.


Updated the New Video Playback Controls feature in Comcast Labs.
Skip to the end button added for jumping to the end of a DVR recording or On Demand program.
Accessibility options will now display the current state when highlighted.
When navigating to other parts of the playback controls, buttons will collapse for a cleaner look.
Users can still press the down arrow or OK to see program information. Using arrow buttons to highlight the "I"


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Thanks Andrew! Very exciting updates!
Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@CCAndrew wrote:

Update 1.67


Added a Remind button to Sports Team entity pages with the ability to set recurring Reminders about programming associated with a specific team. Reminder options include:
Live games only
Live programming (pre- and postgame shows)
All programming (all programs associated with a team)


Added a Delete & Cancel Upcoming option to the Delete Recordings overlay for bulk deletions, making the cancelling of unwanted recurring recordings more accessible to users.


Added a Watch button to TV series entity pages for tuning to an episode or program when it's currently airing.


Updated filtered Guide Views, so that searching for a channel that's not included in that view will display an overlay offering to switch to the All Channels Guide View.


Graduated the Custom Playlist feature from Comcast Labs.
Now accessible via Saved > Playlists.
Playlist button now displayed on the Action Bar for any program that can be added to a playlist.


Updated the New Video Playback Controls feature in Comcast Labs.
Next button added for jumping to the end of a DVR recording or On Demand program.
Accessibility options will now display the current state when highlighted.
When navigating to other parts of the playback controls, buttons will collapse for a cleaner look.
Users can still press the down arrow or OK to see program information.


THANKS so much for this list  Andrew but of course I have a question! I have 1.67.06 Sept 30 but my  New Video Playback Controls don't have 'next' . When beginning a recording I have 'play preferences (watch previous episode or no thank you) /pause/skip to end' . When pressing skip to end YIPPEE it actually does that now and then the buttons change to 'skip to beginning/pause/exit'. Exit takes me back to live tv which is good.  What I have does same thing you describe but why am I not seeing 'next' instead of skip to end? Matter of fact I think 'next' is confusing rather than 'skip to end'. To me next would denote going to the next program?

 

Also pressing down arrow or ok does not bring up program information while the new  playback commands are active. There is an info 'i' in a circle on the far right side of the screen and pressing that brings up program info and I like it that way. What can you tell me about that?

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@ComcastAndrew

 

Do you know why the "DVR in game highlights" feature is not currently working?

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I haven't tried the new controls yet but what's with the MASS zapping of a bunch of posts ?  I must have 11 E--mails on this thread that all give you a "you do not have sufficient privileges" message, yet I see only one "Moved" post in the thread. What happened to all the others ?

_____________

|                       |

|  Back to Top  |    

|___________ |

 

 

Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@BeowolfJones wrote:

I haven't tried the new controls yet but what's with the MASS zapping of a bunch of posts ?  I must have 11 E--mails on this thread that all give you a "you do not have sufficient privileges" message, yet I see only one "Moved" post in the thread. What happened to all the others ?

_____________

|                       |

|  Back to Top  |    

|___________ |

 

 


People were not being nice to each other. 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@BeowolfJones wrote:

I haven't tried the new controls yet but what's with the MASS zapping of a bunch of posts ?  I must have 11 E--mails on this thread that all give you a "you do not have sufficient privileges" message, yet I see only one "Moved" post in the thread. What happened to all the others ?

_____________

|                       |

|  Back to Top  |    

|___________ |

 

 


That's what happens when these aren't followed

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@TerriB wrote:

@CCAndrew wrote:

Update 1.67


Added a Remind button to Sports Team entity pages with the ability to set recurring Reminders about programming associated with a specific team. Reminder options include:
Live games only
Live programming (pre- and postgame shows)
All programming (all programs associated with a team)


Added a Delete & Cancel Upcoming option to the Delete Recordings overlay for bulk deletions, making the cancelling of unwanted recurring recordings more accessible to users.


Added a Watch button to TV series entity pages for tuning to an episode or program when it's currently airing.


Updated filtered Guide Views, so that searching for a channel that's not included in that view will display an overlay offering to switch to the All Channels Guide View.


Graduated the Custom Playlist feature from Comcast Labs.
Now accessible via Saved > Playlists.
Playlist button now displayed on the Action Bar for any program that can be added to a playlist.


Updated the New Video Playback Controls feature in Comcast Labs.
Next button added for jumping to the end of a DVR recording or On Demand program.
Accessibility options will now display the current state when highlighted.
When navigating to other parts of the playback controls, buttons will collapse for a cleaner look.
Users can still press the down arrow or OK to see program information.


THANKS so much for this list  Andrew but of course I have a question! I have 1.67.06 Sept 30 but my  New Video Playback Controls don't have 'next' . When beginning a recording I have 'play preferences (watch previous episode or no thank you) /pause/skip to end' . When pressing skip to end YIPPEE it actually does that now and then the buttons change to 'skip to beginning/pause/exit'. Exit takes me back to live tv which is good.  What I have does same thing you describe but why am I not seeing 'next' instead of skip to end? Matter of fact I think 'next' is confusing rather than 'skip to end'. To me next would denote going to the next program?

 

Also pressing down arrow or ok does not bring up program information while the new  playback commands are active. There is an info 'i' in a circle on the far right side of the screen and pressing that brings up program info and I like it that way. What can you tell me about that?


Thanks Terri

I changed my original post and added a little more info


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@BeowolfJones wrote:

I haven't tried the new controls yet but what's with the MASS zapping of a bunch of posts ?  I must have 11 E--mails on this thread that all give you a "you do not have sufficient privileges" message, yet I see only one "Moved" post in the thread. What happened to all the others ?

_____________

|                       |

|  Back to Top  |    

|___________ |

 

 


A couple of us were trying to find out why BrandonBob's  X1 world is always so rosey and never has any problems. Nothing was meant to be hurtful .   All pushback was deleted  and his total excitement with all updates in a post to Andrew was the only one that remained.  Guess  as long as a single user is excited  those of us who have issues are of little consequence.  This keeps the forum showing  positive notes on the platform but is that the right portrait?

 

Guess someone was too busy deleting messages to look into what I am not seeing on the Playback button  issue with the new release.  I have provided examples to Comcast reps at their request on a couple of bugs like the lack of deletion of a program and the deletion screen not even showing up when program is finished but I guess unless I am all happy go lucky on updates it doesn't matter what supporting examples I provide or what bugs I find. Sad but true.


Hope you get to see this post from me...I expect it will be deleted. I am going to capture it.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@TerriB wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I haven't tried the new controls yet but what's with the MASS zapping of a bunch of posts ?  I must have 11 E--mails on this thread that all give you a "you do not have sufficient privileges" message, yet I see only one "Moved" post in the thread. What happened to all the others ?

_____________

|                       |

|  Back to Top  |    

|___________ |

 

 


A couple of us were trying to find out why BrandonBob's  X1 world is always so rosey and never has any problems. Nothing was meant to be hurtful .   All pushback was deleted  and his total excitement with all updates in a post to Andrew was the only one that remained.  Guess  as long as a single user is excited  those of us who have issues are of little consequence.  This keeps the forum showing  positive notes on the platform but is that the right portrait?

 

Guess someone was too busy deleting messages to look into what I am not seeing on the Playback button  issue with the new release.  I have provided examples to Comcast reps at their request on a couple of bugs like the lack of deletion of a program and the deletion screen not even showing up when program is finished but I guess unless I am all happy go lucky on updates it doesn't matter what supporting examples I provide or what bugs I find. Sad but true.


Hope you get to see this post from me...I expect it will be deleted. I am going to capture it.


I doubt the employees posting in these forums have much influence on what gets worked on, beyond sharing our feedback.

I assume most of them would prioritize things much like we would, if they could.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

These updates look awesome! Thanks for keeping us informed! I hope one or more of my four boxes have already been upgraded so I can try out the potentially cool New Video Playback Controls when I get home!

 

!!!

Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

 

 

Thanks Terri

I changed my original post and added a little more info

 

 

Andrew...thanks so much for paying attention to what I found. Below are your changes i.c.w. what  I  asked about but

the one you changed about the program information is still confusing. Using down arrow or OK does not bring up program info. Only pressing the 'i' gives me program info unless I am navigating incorrectly. If so please set me on the right path.


As for 'next' versus 'skip to end'.....was there ever a 'next' button? I am a happy little clam over 'skip to the end' actually doing just that and stopping and I bet others will find that very useful too as I was not the only one with negative feedback.

 

This showsUpdated the New Video Playback Controls feature in Comcast Labs.
Skip to the end button added for jumping to the end of a DVR recording or On Demand program.
Accessibility options will now display the current state when highlighted.
When navigating to other parts of the playback controls, buttons will collapse for a cleaner look.
Users can still press the down arrow or OK to see program information. Using arrow buttons to highlight the "I"

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Why was my post asking about why the DVR in game highlights feature not working deleted? Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I don't believe your post was deleted.  I see it. I will show you in my next post. One moment

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@gate1975mlm wrote:

 DVR in game highlights is now not working at all! Smiley Sad

 

Will this be fixed soon?


its right here Gate, see my above quoted text, which says was posted by you on ‎10-05-2016 08:51 AM

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I think he posted about it again today. It may have gotten deleted by accident when you got offended by my joke. I'm not saying anything wrong Andrew.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@gate1975mlm wrote:

@CCAndrew

 

Do you know why the "DVR in game highlights" feature is not currently working?


Sorry gate1975min, it looks like when the mods removed those other posts, yours got caught in the middle. I've sent it up for an answer hopefully.


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@TerriB wrote:

 

 

Thanks Terri

I changed my original post and added a little more info

 

 

Andrew...thanks so much for paying attention to what I found. Below are your changes i.c.w. what  I  asked about but

the one you changed about the program information is still confusing. Using down arrow or OK does not bring up program info. Only pressing the 'i' gives me program info unless I am navigating incorrectly. If so please set me on the right path.


As for 'next' versus 'skip to end'.....was there ever a 'next' button? I am a happy little clam over 'skip to the end' actually doing just that and stopping and I bet others will find that very useful too as I was not the only one with negative feedback.

 

This showsUpdated the New Video Playback Controls feature in Comcast Labs.
Skip to the end button added for jumping to the end of a DVR recording or On Demand program.
Accessibility options will now display the current state when highlighted.
When navigating to other parts of the playback controls, buttons will collapse for a cleaner look.
Users can still press the down arrow or OK to see program information. Using arrow buttons to highlight the "I"


Down arrow gets you to the Video Controls and then accessing the "I" from there. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@CCAndrew wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@CCAndrew

 

Do you know why the "DVR in game highlights" feature is not currently working?


Sorry gate1975min, it looks like when the mods removed those other posts, yours got caught in the middle. I've sent it up for an answer hopefully.


 

sorry. I did not realize he or she posted on that again today. thanks Andrew for sending his or hers issue up to those that can help!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@lightstorm22 wrote:
I think he posted about it again today. It may have gotten deleted by accident when you got offended by my joke. I'm not saying anything wrong Andrew.

If you violate forum guidelines, then yes you are. Feel free to give feedback about the product, service, company and me (within guidelines) but there's no place for the other stuff...


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I haven't tried the new controls yet but what's with the MASS zapping of a bunch of posts ?  I must have 11 E--mails on this thread that all give you a "you do not have sufficient privileges" message, yet I see only one "Moved" post in the thread. What happened to all the others ?

_____________

|                       |

|  Back to Top  |    

|___________ |

 

 


A couple of us were trying to find out why BrandonBob's  X1 world is always so rosey and never has any problems. Nothing was meant to be hurtful .   All pushback was deleted  and his total excitement with all updates in a post to Andrew was the only one that remained.  Guess  as long as a single user is excited  those of us who have issues are of little consequence.  This keeps the forum showing  positive notes on the platform but is that the right portrait?

 

Guess someone was too busy deleting messages to look into what I am not seeing on the Playback button  issue with the new release.  I have provided examples to Comcast reps at their request on a couple of bugs like the lack of deletion of a program and the deletion screen not even showing up when program is finished but I guess unless I am all happy go lucky on updates it doesn't matter what supporting examples I provide or what bugs I find. Sad but true.


Hope you get to see this post from me...I expect it will be deleted. I am going to capture it.


I doubt the employees posting in these forums have much influence on what gets worked on, beyond sharing our feedback.

I assume most of them would prioritize things much like we would, if they could.


We join employee focus groups and speaking for myself, if I see something in the field that doesn't work or look right, it gets reported. Not everybody uses every feature so we rely on you to report something that stopped working or isn't working right. 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Please look into this latest issue that your update broke!!!!!!!  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/New-problem-with-Guide-and-Favorites-appeared-today/td-p/2806592

 

 

Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

Andrew,

 

Now that 'skip to the end' actually does what it says-  we started using the Labs Video Playback controls as our default and we are becoming  very fond of it.

 

1.Nice to have the program and channel in the upper left screen just long enough to read it

2.The ability to clearly see the progress clock time on both ends of the recording is so useful...WE LOVE THIS

3.The lightning speed is useful in many situations (when you don't need to see program itself as it speeds by)

4. The progress bar and playback options  collapse quickly so are not annoying

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

"DVR in game highlights" feature still broken! Smiley Sad

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@TerriB wrote:

Andrew,

 

Now that 'skip to the end' actually does what it says-  we started using the Labs Video Playback controls as our default and we are becoming  very fond of it.

 

1.Nice to have the program and channel in the upper left screen just long enough to read it

2.The ability to clearly see the progress clock time on both ends of the recording is so useful...WE LOVE THIS

3.The lightning speed is useful in many situations (when you don't need to see program itself as it speeds by)

4. The progress bar and playback options  collapse quickly so are not annoying


they even fixed the live TV status bar when you have backed up and are 'inside' the time shift buffer area. (wish it was in seconds) too, not just time in hh:mm



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@gate1975mlm wrote:

 DVR in game highlights is now not working at all! Smiley Sad

 

Will this be fixed soon?


Hi,

 

When you say that it's not working at all, what are you experiencing? Are you seeing the "Highlights" button near the playback controls in any of your recordings?

 

Thanks,

Gwen


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I finally decided to try the new playback controls and I must say they are an improvement for once. TeriB covered the subject most eloquently and I just want to Complement Comcast for getting something right. The superspeed sure makes moving through a 3 hour plus sports event very easy and the "go to end" finally does what we expect it to do. Now if they will just get rid of the big icon in the middle of the screen...

 

Someone please get that annoying "Back to top" off the scroll bar.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I have one addition to the new playback controls. The time stamp of the cursor is not there like it is in the old controls.  I think this would be of some use and should be restored.

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates


@BeowolfJones wrote:

I have one addition to the new playback controls. The time stamp of the cursor is not there like it is in the old controls.  I think this would be of some use and should be restored.


in playback of live (while viewing inside the time shift buffer) the cursor point is shown. while playing back a recorded show the left side shows current position with seconds (very nice) instead of just '0'



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

 


@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I have one addition to the new playback controls. The time stamp of the cursor is not there like it is in the old controls.  I think this would be of some use and should be restored.


in playback of live (while viewing inside the time shift buffer) the cursor point is shown. while playing back a recorded show the left side shows current position with seconds (very nice) instead of just '0'



You are right Rusty. I just noticed it.  My Bad.

 

It still seems strange that I can back up a show I have been watching for a while but can't record the whole thing spontaneously.

 

We want the buffer ! We want the Buffer ! yeah !