Upcoming X1 Updates

Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates and both

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Along with 2.2p3s2 STB we get a new

Widescreen Version of the Forum.

I'm feeling a little stretched.

Bowie.png

I kind of like the new 'size' but had trouble finding out where to type my reply to you. I see your old nemesis is back with the golden triangle!

Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

Edit your post and reduce the size of your pic and replace it.

I reduced the size but we'll see if it sticks. For some reason my pic's keep getting marked "awaiting approval". If a pic doesn't exceed the size limit then WHY SHOULD IT HAVE TO BE APPROVED ? BY WHO ? I can't do a sponteneous picture any more and it really irritates me. I notice the large shot of a TV screen didn't get zapped and it was much larger than my David Bowie image.

How about an X! update that:

1. Is bug free

2. Doesn't remove features we like

3. Actually improves our viewing experience without violating 1 and 2.

Regular Contributor

I would assume it has to be approved because text can be scanned for bad words, but they don't have something that can scan your images to make sure you don't post something inappropriate.

Like an X1 user pointing a gun at their own head...

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@Rustyben wrote:

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi Rustyben,

Would you mind providing some specific examples of the ghost recordings that you're seeing on your box?

Thank you!

Gwen

hi gwen, it isn't a ghost recording it is an entry left sometimes in the recordings list when the recorded asset has been deleted. The show's title is still listed but when you select the entry you get that 'fail' message. Any action that forces a reset of recordings listed (like changing resolution, putting box into power-save and power on, or a reboot) clears the errant listing.

My guess is that the command from the 'cloud' is intermittently not getting a good delete process to complete on the DVR.

updating. the 'ghost' listing is still happening on 1.60.02 1/26/2016 and fw 2.2p5s3 (occurs when you delete an asset and it is 'removed' but the listing under recordings is still there but when selected says there is a problem.

the 'available with subscription' popover that won't disappear once written seems to be fixed. The VidiPath activation appears to be working although DLNA on the MoCA is not seeing the server so far. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Anything new in 1.60 Rustyben?
Expert

@scjohnson312 wrote:

not that i could tell based on menu structure. I noticed the slow status bar on hitting OK button is fixed (back to snappy response). 

the ghost listings after deleting dvr'd assets is still there. the popover you get when you select a channel that you do not subscribe to not auto-removing or dismissable with exit button is fixed. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

got 1.60.04 2/2/2016 this morning can find nothing changed so far. waiting to see if the ghost bug of deleted assets happens again. (still on fw 2.2p5s3)

Silver Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

got 1.60.04 2/2/2016 this morning can find nothing changed so far. waiting to see if the ghost bug of deleted assets happens again. (still on fw 2.2p5s3)

Same here.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Most Valued Poster

How many versions behind am I? I have 1.59.05 1.12.16

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

I have that same version on at least one of my boxes (didn't check the others yet).  What really bothers me is on the diagnostics page where it says "firmware update status" mine says failed.

Silver Problem Solver

I can't get into the diagnostic screens today for some reason.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

1.60.04 2/2/2016 and fw 2.2p5s3

Regular Contributor

The latest release on my box is just as messed up as the previous ones. Kludgey programming. I have included a picture of my feelings about this (which won't last long but a few people will see it before it gets zapped by ?)

T-Rex.gif

by the way I have 1.59.08 and 2.2p5 s3.

Expert

@CoreyD wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I have that same version on at least one of my boxes (didn't check the others yet).  What really bothers me is on the diagnostics page where it says "firmware update status" mine says failed.

call 877-896-8678 and ask the tech to force the firmware out to your box(es). you will see the clock change to DLXX where xx counts from 01 to 99(%) then it will reboot.

Most Valued Poster

Shucks...did not get to see the image

Official Employee

@scjohnson312 wrote:

As of February 9, iteration 1.60 of XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System is fully deployed to X1 customers. Enhancements in this release include:

Added support for Spanish language notifications

Updated Extras Available notifications to appear for seven seconds when a program that includes Enhanced Extras is paused

Added an ENHANCED badge to indicate when an XFINITY On Demand movie includes Enhanced Extras

Added System Refresh functionality to the Help menu for fixing common troubleshooting issues (limited in availability)

Updated Entity Pages to include the logo of the network that first ran a TV series
Added a Your Favorite Teams row to the Sports Guide View for quick access to upcoming games

Added an Auto Play Next Episode feature to Comcast Labs for automatically playing the next episode in a TV series

Removed the Shuffle Play from Comcast Labs, as the feature is now part of the standard X1 platform

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

February 9, the Sports App for XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System was updated to include extras for NBA, NCAAB and NASCAR events. With these extras enhancements, customers can now view stats such as past winners, top scorers (NBA and NCAA, track conditions (NASCAR) and more.

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

More frills of limited appeal while basic, and previously available -- buffer recording, frame-by-frame advance, proper slo-mo -- functionality remains lost and the issue NEVER addressed by Comcast employees on this forum... Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

As of February 9, iteration 1.60 of XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System is fully deployed to X1 customers. Enhancements in this release include:

Updated Extras Available notifications to appear for seven seconds when a program that includes Enhanced Extras is paused

Added an ENHANCED badge to indicate when an XFINITY On Demand movie includes Enhanced Extras

Added System Refresh functionality to the Help menu for fixing common troubleshooting issues (limited in availability)

Updated Entity Pages to include the logo of the network that first ran a TV series
Added a Your Favorite Teams row to the Sports Guide View for quick access to upcoming games

Added an Auto Play Next Episode feature to Comcast Labs for automatically playing the next episode in a TV series

Removed the Shuffle Play from Comcast Labs, as the feature is now part of the standard X1 platform

Regular Contributor

The System Refresh option may be a huge help to some that have had to constantly reboot or power save toggle their box.  Assuming it works.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Andrew! Love these additions as well as all the ones you listed in the prior post about 1.60

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

February 9, the Sports App for XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System was updated to include extras for NBA, NCAAB and NASCAR events. With these extras enhancements, customers can now view stats such as past winners, top scorers (NBA and NCAA, track conditions (NASCAR) and more.

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Regular Contributor

Exactly, more extras.   And while some of them are useful, I'd trade them all for basic DVR functionality.

Stop with the sport "app" already, I have plenty of ways to get sports scores and stats, I don't need them on my tv.

But I have no way to record the buffer or play slow motion and frame by frame, and would very much like those.

@rjc1247 wrote:

More frills of limited appeal while basic, and previously available -- buffer recording, frame-by-frame advance, proper slo-mo -- functionality remains lost and the issue NEVER addressed by Comcast employees on this forum... Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Regular Contributor

I totally didn't expect that response from brandonbob.

P.S. Did they fix avatars?! I don't know if it just let me set it because I'm on my phone or if it works in general. I never thought to try on my phone. Either way, finally.
Silver Problem Solver

Yes, they fixed avatars.

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

We have had the expanded sports events for quite some time.

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

Exactly, more extras.   And while some of them are useful, I'd trade them all for basic DVR functionality.

Stop with the sport "app" already, I have plenty of ways to get sports scores and stats, I don't need them on my tv.

But I have no way to record the buffer or play slow motion and frame by frame, and would very much like those.

@rjc1247 wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

ECHO ECHO on giving us more frills BUT not giving us back  basic DVR functions that were taken away. Every single day not having recording buffer is more and more of a problem.

I guess the Northern Va area is not in the 'limited availabilty' for the new refresh feature. All we have in Help is restart. Is this refresh function going to be expanded?

Regular Contributor

Hello TeriB !

"Refresh" wouldn't be necessary if everything worked properly in the first place. The fact that Comcast has to add this feature is an indication that they realize how bug ridden their software is. Whether it's the cloud platform software or the programmers implementation of it, the result has been a never ending series of bugs and irritating malfunctions for the users of the X1 platform.

I can't help but wince every time I see a smarmy X1 commercial saying "X1 will change the way you watch TV".

Yeah, buy making it so you can't watch it at all sometimes !  I lost almost 10 minutes of the Superbowl game because the stupid box suddenly displayed  "Channel Available with subscription" Really ? CBS ? Get real Comcast. My recording of the game went into the ozone never to reappear. Gone, vanished, kaput.  It sure has changed my TV experience all right and not for the better.

Comcast has had a couple of years to fix X1 and we still are waiting for a stable, reliable product. If X1 was operating our nuclear arsenal we'd all be charcoal briquettes...

Regular Contributor

That happened to me as well - the box went completely dark - i had to unplug it - then it said I didn't subscribe to CBS and to call 1-800-COMCAST to subscribe to CBS - while waiting on hold for over 10 minutes to talk to a human being - after being told ah - I see you are an Xfinity Insider - one of our most valued customers  - it suddenly came on -  how do i quantify most valued- wonder how Comcast treats undervalued customers???

Regular Contributor

@applehazar wrote:

how do i quantify most valued

You pay your bill.

Regular Contributor

Now that's funny. Cat Happy

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Hello TeriB !

"Refresh" wouldn't be necessary if everything worked properly in the first place. The fact that Comcast has to add this feature is an indication that they realize how bug ridden their software is. Whether it's the cloud platform software or the programmers implementation of it, the result has been a never ending series of bugs and irritating malfunctions for the users of the X1 platform.

I can't help but wince every time I see a smarmy X1 commercial saying "X1 will change the way you watch TV".

Yeah, buy making it so you can't watch it at all sometimes !  I lost almost 10 minutes of the Superbowl game because the stupid box suddenly displayed  "Channel Available with subscription" Really ? CBS ? Get real Comcast. My recording of the game went into the ozone never to reappear. Gone, vanished, kaput.  It sure has changed my TV experience all right and not for the better.

Comcast has had a couple of years to fix X1 and we still are waiting for a stable, reliable product. If X1 was operating our nuclear arsenal we'd all be charcoal briquettes...

Ditto,Echo and Yes indeed. The box has been rebooting itself a lot lately and not for updates and  we lost 10 minutes twice during the Superbowl  when it rebooted but there was no message like you got.... we were not pleased. This also happened during last years Superbowl.

Yes X1 changes the way we watch TV and its not for the better. I am weary of the continued addition of fluff while basic functionality never gets re-instated nor do bugs get fixed.

No rudeness intended to the person who wants an enhancement to make the progress bar  go away faster but to me that is sure not high on most of our lists. GIve us back what we lost before tweaking that sort of thing...recording buffere, slo mo, frame by frame and for God's sake when we delete a recording......show it GONE.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

...and speaking of minor annoyances, why, or why, does a thread with the title of "Upcoming  XI Updates" get marked as "Solved"???  How is it even logically possible to "solve" a thread designated to discuss ongoing updates?

Regular Contributor

@rjc1247 wrote:

...and speaking of minor annoyances, why, or why, does a thread with the title of "Upcoming  XI Updates" get marked as "Solved"???  How is it even logically possible to "solve" a thread designated to discuss ongoing updates?

Because for some reason the OP clicked "accept as solution" on someone's post.

Regular Contributor

@rjc1247 wrote:

Solved  =   "these aren't the droids you're looking for"

Most Valued Poster

@rjc1247 wrote:

============
I never understood why someone marks 'solved' on very open and important issues. One of the 'small font' dicussions is marked solved too and I bristle every time I see it. Solved because Comcast does not care to acknowledge or discuss?
Most Valued Poster

@CoreyD wrote:

@rjc1247 wrote:

Because for some reason the OP clicked "accept as solution" on someone's post.

Well....marking it that way is wrong and a rep should undo those

Expert
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Thanks Andrew! Love these additions as well as all the ones you listed in the prior post about 1.60

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Mini Info Panel: Cast & Crew details added to the Mini Info Panel, which appears when users press the Info button on the remote while watching a program.
Appearing in Row: Role indicator added, so users can quickly find out a person's role (e.g., actor, director) in a TV series or movie.
X1 Tips: Action bar added to some X1 Tips, so users can jump directly to the setting or feature referenced.
Troubleshooting: Ability to send a link via text message to download the XFINITY My Account app.
Kids Zone: Ability to shuffle through related DVR recordings.
Search: On Demand networks added to channel collections.

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Contributor

ComcastAndrew wrote: 

Mini Info Panel: Cast & Crew details added to the Mini Info Panel, which appears when users press the Info button on the remote while watching a program.
Appearing in Row: Role indicator added, so users can quickly find out a person's role (e.g., actor, director) in a TV series or movie.
X1 Tips: Action bar added to some X1 Tips, so users can jump directly to the setting or feature referenced.
Troubleshooting: Ability to send a link via text message to download the XFINITY My Account app.
Kids Zone: Ability to shuffle through related DVR recordings.
Search: On Demand networks added to channel collections.

Andrew, I just verified the first item in your list (Cast & Crew) and wanted to report a minor inconsistency in the way in which the Info button displays this information.

I first tuned to HBO movie San Andreas and pressed Info while the movie was playing.  When I arrow downward, the "Cast & Crew" and "More Like This" rows appear, in that order ("Cast & Crew" on top).

I then went to On Demand and pressed Info after locating (but not playing) this movie.  In this case, the order is reversed ("More Like This" above "Cast & Crew").

Minor detail, and pethaps this behavior is by design, but thought I'd report it.  Personally, I think the order should be the same.  My $0.02 ...

Regular Contributor

Version 1.62 showed up last night. So far the only thing I noticed was an option for a default guide view under comcast labs. That should spark some interest with people.
Problem Solver

This is fantastic news! Does it allow Favorites to be selected?
Official Employee

@scjohnson312 wrote:

1.62 has some nice updates...

Silver Problem Solver

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Yes.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

scjohnson312 wrote:

Includes Favorites, HD Channels, Trending, Movies, Sports and Kids ( without a time limit)

Found Under Comcast Labs

Most Valued Poster

Looking forward to 1.62. I haven't have .1.61 very long. My area seems to be one of the last to get updates. I am learning patience....yep...I said it....me of all people.

Regular Contributor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

1.62 has some nice updates...

Can you share what those nice updates are?

Expert
Moved: