Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

New Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@CCAndrew wrote:

@Dutchman71 wrote:

Not working here...

Need some specifics, Dutchman72, what isn't working?

IFTT integration is not working.  Sorry, I thought it would show the post I was responding to.  I followed all the steps but the notifications do not show up on the screen.  Recipes run, IFTT added to profile, notifications turned on boxes...

Frequent Visitor

Re: Reminders are Here!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Frequent Visitor

I don't know where to post this - I wish they would update x1 to be able to record an entire program from the beginning even if you hit the "record" button several minutes into the program.  This used to be possible with the old Comcast platform - I thought this x1 thing was supposed to be an improvement!  I also can't do a "keyword" or "subject" search anymore either, which I used to do with the old platform.  This is ridiculous.  Say I want to find everything about Hitler, even movies and shows that don't mention the name in the title.  You can't do that now, you can only search on a name that's in the title itself.  I almost want to go back to the old platform now, I'm so disgusted.

Most Valued Poster

@Hachachacha wrote:

I don't know where to post this - I wish they would update x1 to be able to record an entire program from the beginning even if you hit the "record" button several minutes into the program.  This used to be possible with the old Comcast platform - I thought this x1 thing was supposed to be an improvement!  I also can't do a "keyword" or "subject" search anymore either, which I used to do with the old platform.  This is ridiculous.  Say I want to find everything about Hitler, even movies and shows that don't mention the name in the title.  You can't do that now, you can only search on a name that's in the title itself.  I almost want to go back to the old platform now, I'm so disgusted.

X1 did indeed have recording buffer capability until months ago.  User pushback has  quite a history on the forums.If you search the forums for 'recording buffer' you will see what I mean. We had it for a long time and then zap...it went away. Comcast has offered that it has to do with cloud technology and something about legal issues. I think you will find that info if you search the forums. Bottom line looks like we aren't going to get it back. It was one of the most useful features of X1.

As for your searching issue.....  I don't know about Hitler but I can search for lets say Sean Connery. Gives me a bio and then all that he has appeared in.  If I search on a character like James Bond I get full listings too. (*not sure why I chose those two examples...lol).I find the search function much better that it used to be. To make it even better get yourself the voice control remote. Its free and you can say the name of almost anything and it will give you what you are looking for.

Regular Contributor

Hello TeriB !

Just got:

XRE server version 1.59.02

STB still 2.1p10s2

I seems if you stick with X1 long enough you get almost every glitch that has been mentioned on this forum eventually. Now I have a NFL game Broncos vs. Raiders that I can't delete no matter what I do. The Comcast programmers must be Raiders fans because I wouldn't choose to keep a game where the Broncos lose by 15 - 12. It says successfully deleted but you can not get rid of it and it plays if you click play. It didn't disappear after last nights reboot either. Grrr !

I have seen a few "Orphaned" DVR shows before X1 so only time will tell. Meanwhile, the system owes me 3 hours of HD DVR recording time that I can't recover.

I would rather hit myself in the head with a ball-peen hammer than call Comcast about this. Forum regulars will know what I mean.

Regular Contributor

As regards my previous post, I finally managed to get rid of the offending DVR'ed program in a somewhat unorthodox way. For grins I decided to push play and then I went into 4X FF mode until near the end of the recording. I pressed exit and the recording finally disappeared from the recorded shows listing. It was also gone from the deleted shows listing. Go figure ! I hope this latest glitch doesn't appear again in the next X1 upgrade.  Since others have reported this problem in the past I suspect it is some lower level problem with the DVR and not necessarily tied to this latest X1 release. Kind of the DVR equivalent of lost clusters on a hard drive.

Problem Solver

I'm not sure what changed, but all I can get my DVR to output now is solid blue..

Silver Problem Solver

Did you reboot it after you got the blue screen?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

Did you reboot it after you got the blue screen?

Yes, it turns blue at the same time as the front display reads IPST, and even persists if I change the resolution to 480 via the remote shortcut.

Silver Problem Solver

IPST means it's not rebooting completely.  If I had this issue I would either call Comcast tech support or schedule a tech visit.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

IPST means it's not rebooting completely.  If I had this issue I would either call Comcast tech support or schedule a tech visit.

It's booting up fine.. If I use an output other than HDMI, it works.

Silver Problem Solver

Sure sounds like the box has a bad HDMI port.  Can you take it in for a replacement?

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Hello TeriB !

Just got:

XRE server version 1.59.02

STB still 2.1p10s2

I seems if you stick with X1 long enough you get almost every glitch that has been mentioned on this forum eventually. Now I have a NFL game Broncos vs. Raiders that I can't delete no matter what I do. The Comcast programmers must be Raiders fans because I wouldn't choose to keep a game where the Broncos lose by 15 - 12. It says successfully deleted but you can not get rid of it and it plays if you click play. It didn't disappear after last nights reboot either. Grrr !

I have seen a few "Orphaned" DVR shows before X1 so only time will tell. Meanwhile, the system owes me 3 hours of HD DVR recording time that I can't recover.

I would rather hit myself in the head with a ball-peen hammer than call Comcast about this. Forum regulars will know what I mean.

Wanna borrow mine...go big or go home:

H-4890A_lg.jpg

I think you and I have seen every single kind of glitch possible. The delete issue went away for me and now its back with this latest update. Its bad enough that our recorded list is yards long but having these orphaned programs sticking around is maddening ESPECIALLY when you have several episodes of the same show sittting there. Since we CAN'T read the blasted info we don't know which end is up sometimes as to what we have watched and what we have not.

Regular Contributor

The deleting issue has never gone away for me, has always been there.

That alone is a very sad statement on the platform.

I also still have a different list of recording and % full of DVR online than on the DVR itself.

Regular Contributor

I just got another DVR'd orphan this morning. I can't delete "Riddick". This one says "DVR service unavailable" if I try to play it. A bogus message because other DVR'd shows play ok. It seems the gods of X1 Karma are making sure I get every glitch that others have reported on this forum sooner or later. Comcast, you just can't seem to get X1 right for any length of time. Just one glitch or irritation after another. Samo, Samo and then more Samo. I guess this latest XRE release is at fault and it's my time in the barrel.

Boom.png

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I just got another DVR'd orphan this morning. I can't delete "Riddick". This one says "DVR service unavailable" if I try to play it. A bogus message because other DVR'd shows play ok. It seems the gods of X1 Karma are making sure I get every glitch that others have reported on this forum sooner or later. Comcast, you just can't seem to get X1 right for any length of time. Just one glitch or irritation after another. Samo, Samo and then more Samo. I guess this latest XRE release is at fault and it's my time in the barrel.

Boom.png

I see you have the 'phantom' image again. I posted one of a hammer and it is still there...wassup with the images you post? Comcast gremlins trying to keep you from expressing yourself?  I love your images.

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

Check out some of the X1 feature highlights from 2015. Bug fixes, stability improvements and other backend issues are not included.

X1 from Xfinity: Another Year of Setting New Standards in Television

Gwen

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi everyone,

Check out some of the X1 feature highlights from 2015. Bug fixes, stability improvements and other backend issues are not included.

Gwen

Thanks Gwen. It's been an incredible year for X1.  For me, I have gone from just liking X1 to absolutely loving my X1 experience.  No complaints from me and look forward to another exciting year in 2016!

Regular Contributor

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi everyone,

Gwen

Thanks Gwen. It's been an incredible year for X1.  For me, I have gone from just liking X1 to absolutely loving my X1 experience.  No complaints from me and look forward to another exciting year in 2016!

It is undoubtedly a great platform in many ways, but it has a long way to go to be touting "setting new standards in television".  And listing off a bunch of old minor updates is just throwing all the ongoing issues in our faces.

brandonbob you are very lucky not to have any issues.  Frankly I don't see how that's possible, I assume you just don't care about the ones that exist.

I spent last night trying to watch a Sharks hockey game and Thursday night football, the way I like ot watch, some 30 second skips, slow mo, etc., and the DVR just flat out does not beat the experience of a 1970s VCR.  Why does the bottom third of my screen have to be blacked out every single time I press a button?  I have video of the DVR on pause, the pause icon in the middle of the screen, then pressing forward to get slow mo and it goes to fast forward instead, I wish I could post it here, it happens to me about one out of every 3 times now.  (Of course posting an issue here doesn't mean it will ever be fixed, or even worked on, so not sure why I care.)

And right now I'm looking at my xtv.comcast.net/recordings and see a list of 12 episodes of The Daily Show, 10 of which I deleted days or weeks ago.   And there's no option to re-delete one episode, the only option is Delete Recordings, which deletes All episodes.  That is a "12 year olds first attempt at writing their own app" implementation.  My DVR shows 66% full, that is not how full it is at home on my actual DVR, but if it gets to 100% on the web with all these extra shows that I've deleted, what will happen?

etc., etc....

Here's to hoping that 2016 is the year of cleaning up the platfrom, instead of adding another dozen ways to find paid content.

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi everyone,

Gwen

BrandonBob... Bless you....you must be in that unique circle that has no problems or perhaps you never used the wonderful features they took away from us.

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi everyone,

Gwen

For every feature highlight there is a lowlight of what was taken away.  What we lost were not bugs; they were  basic features that should always be part of any platform and were benefical for all users. Much of the new stuff in 2015 was geared toward microcosms of the Comcast  user base. 

Regular Contributor

Amongst other oddities in this latest release is on demand shows starting over from the beginning if I stopped watching them the day before and even some DVR recorded content doing the same thing. Maybe Comcast is joining the Blu - Ray crowd where it's catch as catch can pressing stop wise. Way too many BR DVD's restart from the beginning if you press stop. I'm with the fix what you got before more fluff crowd and it's a big crowd. I don't seem to be able to post an image without getting stomped on by ? Tiresome to say the least.

Regular Contributor

Does DVR Auto-Extend work on series recordings?  The announcement said that it works for NASCAR, but I have never seen that as an option when setting up the series.

Most Valued Poster

@ThomT wrote:

Does DVR Auto-Extend work on series recordings?  The announcement said that it works for NASCAR, but I have never seen that as an option when setting up the series.

Its only for sporting events

Expert

on 12/19 got 1.59.05 12/16/2015 still on 2.1p10s2 fw

any changes? didn't see anything different in menus.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

I haven't seen any (yet).

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

NASCAR races are sporting events and NASCAR is specifically mentioned in the announcement referenced by ComcastGwen.

Problem Solver

When setting up my replacement DVR, I noticed that the DVR recognized my TV and told me the code to enter to allow the remote to control it. Nifty.

Unfortunately, it had the same RDK-03007 error as every other self-install I have ever done has had, but the billing department was able to resolve it within 15 minutes.

Most Valued Poster

@ThomT wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

NASCAR races are sporting events and NASCAR is specifically mentioned in the announcement referenced by ComcastGwen.

Sorry... When I replied my brain flossed over the word NASCAR. I  wasn't 'thinking' about trying to record a sport event as a series and obviously neither did Comcast.. We watch NASCAR all the time but never tried to set it up that way.Guess the logic is that we would only want to set auto extend one sporting event at a time and to tell the truth that makes sense to me.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

Sorry... When I replied my brain flossed over the word NASCAR. I  wasn't 'thinking' about trying to record a sport event as a series and obviously neither did Comcast.. We watch NASCAR all the time but never tried to set it up that way.Guess the logic is that we would only want to set auto extend one sporting event at a time and to tell the truth that makes sense to me.

I actually use series recordings for NASCAR because of the fact it appears on different channels throughout the season and series recordings will catch that. having said that, I thought i read on this thread from one of the comcast reps that the auto extend doesnt work for series recordings. you have to manually change the event each week to auto extend. at least that is what I recall reading on here...could be wrong!

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

I actually use series recordings for NASCAR because of the fact it appears on different channels throughout the season and series recordings will catch that. having said that, I thought i read on this thread from one of the comcast reps that the auto extend doesnt work for series recordings. you have to manually change the event each week to auto extend. at least that is what I recall reading on here...could be wrong!

BrandonBob, you probably should have responded to Thom's post and not mine and hope he sees what you wrote to me. I am sure you are correct that that we cannot use auto extend on a series.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

BrandonBob, you probably should have responded to Thom's post and not mine and hope he sees what you wrote to me. I am sure you are correct that that we cannot use auto extend on a series.

lol, i wasnt replying to you. just the general thread and everyone who reads it. i am sure he will see it...least I hope...

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

lol, i wasnt replying to you. just the general thread and everyone who reads it. i am sure he will see it...least I hope...

The reply you posted was at the end of my response to Thom and thats why I said that .     There is a place at the end of the page to respond 'in general'. This is not a big deal but because your reply was a the end of my reply..blah blah blah....lol.

Regular Contributor

This latest XRE version 1.59.02 stinks. I keep getting orphaned recordings that don't delete but yesterday I saw something I have never seen before. I set the Broncos/Steelers game to record and when it was over I found 3 recording of the game on the box.

1. It Autoextended each recording for an hour of additional time so the each recording was 4 1/2 hours long for a total of 13 1/2 hours of recordings. There was no power interruption and I have never seen this behavior before. I checked all three recordings and they were all a full 4 1/2 hours of content.

2. I was able to delete two of the recordings but the third said it was successfully deleted but refused to go away. Last Nights reboot got rid of it.

The Cloud ? The Cloud is in the brains of the Comcast X1 programmers. I'd like to post a funny image but as you all know my images keep getting replaced by the dreaded triangle. So much for free expression.

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

This latest XRE version 1.59.02 stinks. I keep getting orphaned recordings that don't delete but yesterday I saw something I have never seen before. I set the Broncos/Steelers game to record and when it was over I found 3 recording of the game on the box.

1. It Autoextended each recording for an hour of additional time so the each recording was 4 1/2 hours long for a total of 13 1/2 hours of recordings. There was no power interruption and I have never seen this behavior before. I checked all three recordings and they were all a full 4 1/2 hours of content.

2. I was able to delete two of the recordings but the third said it was successfully deleted but refused to go away. Last Nights reboot got rid of it.

The Cloud ? The Cloud is in the brains of the Comcast X1 programmers. I'd like to post a funny image but as you all know my images keep getting replaced by the dreaded triangle. So much for free expression.

I am glad I don't use auto extend after hearing that ! I do it the old fashioned way....record the shows following the one I know will go over but I do that so I can see the shows that would normally be on and are pushed. I don't record football even when we have to prop our eyes open for night games.

I have had 1.59.02 for a few weeks and only twice did I have the delete issue rear its ugly head thankfully. Its been the bane of my existence for a year and comes and goes.

The fact that you can't post your wonderful images makes me angry...I enjoy them.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

Comcast seems to have gone out of their way to make series recording of NASCAR Sprint Cup races easy, because all race events are named "NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ... ".  This name consistency does not show up in my daughter's Uverse system.  So I think someone at Comcast wanted to make them recordable as a series, but that idea wasn't followed through by the xfinity team.

Most Valued Poster

@ThomT wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@ThomT wrote:

Comcast seems to have gone out of their way to make series recording of NASCAR Sprint Cup races easy, because all race events are named "NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ... ".  This name consistency does not show up in my daughter's Uverse system.  So I think someone at Comcast wanted to make them recordable as a series, but that idea wasn't followed through by the xfinity team.

No follow through by the xfinity team...gee color me not surprised

Valued Contributor

Hi,

Auto extend is not currently supported at the series level. For now, you can find the NASCAR events in the guide and extend them on a listing by listing basis. We know that this is a gap and are working to bring support at a series level.

Thanks!

Gwen

Regular Contributor

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi,

Auto extend is not currently supported at the series level. For now, you can find the NASCAR events in the guide and extend them on a listing by listing basis. We know that this is a gap and are working to bring support at a series level.

Thanks!

Gwen

thanks Gwen! glad to see that comcast is aware of this!

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Gwen

Gwen, Thank you for your prompt response

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

and now 12/22 got the old 1.59.02 version again no change in firmware. dang it now i've got ghost deleted dvr entries happening again.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I have the 1.59.02 and have been having problems also.  Used to delete a show, said was gone but it still was there.  Next day gone. Worse now a number of times I delete a show only after clicking on the delete the black rectangle screen says it's gone but the rectangle stays. Everything works in the rear but grated out kind of. Have to push the blue button on box to turn off and back on to get my pic back. Now the past 4 mornings when I first turn TV on there is no picture. Tv works as I can bring up setup screen for TV switch to DVR etc. all work. Again push off button on box and back on to fix. I'm thinking whatever it does in the middle of the night screws up picture. Any ideas?

New Poster

How about giving pin access to  rent movies to stop children renting movies and friends when they come over helping themselves

Diamond Problem Solver

@Gecann1 wrote:

How about giving pin access to  rent movies to stop children renting movies and friends when they come over helping themselves

It's already there, with your remote

Xfinity button to Tools Menu to Parental Controls, choose your options

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I have recently acquired a top-of-the-line Samsung UN65JS9500FXZA 4K-3D curved screen TV. When I stream 4K content using the Netflix and Amazon Prime apps on the TV, the picture quality, color saturation, and definition are absolutely phenomenal. I cannot believe my eyes. There is plenty of other 4K content becoming available on Comcast On Demand, but I gave no way to view it in 4K, Comcast began promising last May that new 4K capable set top boxes would be available by the end of 2015. Well, it is now the new year, and no such 4K boxes are available. When I call X1 support, the only answer I get is the typical "we are still working on it." I think it should be a high priority to get 4K set top boxes released ASSP.
Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

@Anon239387 wrote:

I have the 1.59.02 and have been having problems also.  Used to delete a show, said was gone but it still was there.  Next day gone. Worse now a number of times I delete a show only after clicking on the delete the black rectangle screen says it's gone but the rectangle stays. Everything works in the rear but grated out kind of. Have to push the blue button on box to turn off and back on to get my pic back. Now the past 4 mornings when I first turn TV on there is no picture. Tv works as I can bring up setup screen for TV switch to DVR etc. all work. Again push off button on box and back on to fix. I'm thinking whatever it does in the middle of the night screws up picture. Any ideas?

I have had the same issue of a box being "stuck" in front of everything with no way to remove the box other than rebooting, on multiple occasions, with different "boxes" stuck in front.

Expert

@tctc wrote:

@Anon239387 wrote:

I have had the same issue of a box being "stuck" in front of everything with no way to remove the box other than rebooting, on multiple occasions, with different "boxes" stuck in front.

press blue button wait 5 seconds and press again to not have to reboot. Can do same from menu system putting in power saver mode and then power back on again.

Valued Contributor

Hi Rustyben,

Would you mind providing some specific examples of the ghost recordings that you're seeing on your box?

Thank you!

Gwen

Regular Contributor

This may be the same or different.  Mass delete - D button - started last week - will not mass delete - It says it is deleted but all recordings stay.  Only if you go in and manually delete each eposide will the deletes work.