Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@TerriB wrote:

tctc...I am the queen of beating the  the font issue to death and don't know if you know that. We could have talked PM. Is it really too much to ask be able to read the darn text about a program ?

LOL, TerriB, if you're the "queen of beating the font issue to death", then I must be the "king of beating the lack of proper slo-mo and frame-by-frame advance issue to death" and, sadly, neither of us has ever gotten -- or probably ever will get -- an answer from Comcast... 

Regular Contributor

TerriB, I am convinced that  the programmers and Comcast exec's are all in the smartphone crowd application development mindset. Their 20 year old eyes have no problems so they just don't care about older peoples concerns. That said, it's too bad they don't have the equivalent of the Cntrl +/-  zoom function in the IE browser. Since they already have us arrowing(mousing) around it wouldn't be any big change to put the whole X! interface into a browser type application. They seem to want to turn X1 into a clone of a PC based system but are only producing some type of half-clone result.

Most Valued Poster

@rjc1247 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

tctc...I am the queen of beating the  the font issue to death and don't know if you know that. We could have talked PM. Is it really too much to ask be able to read the darn text about a program ?

LOL, TerriB, if you're the "queen of beating the font issue to death", then I must be the "king of beating the lack of proper slo-mo and frame-by-frame advance issue to death" and, sadly, neither of us has ever gotten -- or probably ever will get -- an answer from Comcast... 

Oh yes you certainly are the king of those issues. We are the king and queen of getting nothing we want! Here is a new business card for Comcast Cust Service  .....you_want_it_when.jpg

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

TerriB, I am convinced that  the programmers and Comcast exec's are all in the smartphone crowd application development mindset. Their 20 year old eyes have no problems so they just don't care about older peoples concerns. That said, it's too bad they don't have the equivalent of the Cntrl +/-  zoom function in the IE browser. Since they already have us arrowing(mousing) around it wouldn't be any big change to put the whole X! interface into a browser type application. They seem to want to turn X1 into a clone of a PC based system but are only producing some type of half-clone result.

Is there any device out there that does not have text sizing options EXCEPT X1 on a TV? Each type of device has its own method of resizing  just like browsers and many software programs do . Do these youngins think that we all view our shows on small screens these days and not on the TV so we don't need to be able to read the text? Really guys?

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Images in posts are disappearing why ? Are they being edited out by the forum moderators ? Here is an image to test the forum if it shows for a while then disappears then I would guess the moderators are zapping them.

dragontail0002.jpg

Update: The Image made it to the post so we'll see 11:35 MST 10/5/2015

I have noticed it too more and more...what in the world is the triangle in the box all about? Censorship? We were given back the ability to insert an image by Lithium and now we can't due to something outside of Lithium? I don't understand.

Silver Problem Solver

Maybe it has an unacceptable file extension?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

might have missed a warning on file size? jpg can be a very large file of 2+ megabytes that can be compressed to under 100k bytes. there are many programs available to reduce file size.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

might have missed a warning on file size? jpg can be a very large file of 2+ megabytes that can be compressed to under 100k bytes. there are many programs available to reduce file size.

The file was a .jpg file type and was under the size limit. I have seen .png's also disappear. The forum automatically refuses to paste a file exceeding the file size limit and these file types have always worked in the past. So, it's not the size or file type.The images are there for a while and then gone. I suspect we are being censored.  My image of the mountain scene is still in my downloaded images but the image in my test post is gone.  

I am not the only one, in fact it seems that all the images pasted into posts have been disappearing lately. We have enough X1 issues to discuss without having to deal with freedom of expression curtailment.  Let's face it, the most we can do is express our opinions about the latest X1 snafu's and hope for some future resolution.  occasionally, someone finds a work around but since we cannot change the code behind X1 we are limited to expressing our wishes and frustrations. If this freedom is removed,  then the forum becomes as dry as a piece of unbuttered toast.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

I have selected very large images from my files and they posted but I always reduced them before submitting the post so that they didn't take up much room in my post.

Expert
Moved:

Post(s) Moved to Xfinity.com Forum & Merged into Thread for this Forum.

Frequent Visitor

- lock filter options on guide
- continuously scrolling on guide
- better recognition from DVR so that duplicates of shows
won't be recorded even when "New episodes only" is
selected
*** I got all this from my older stb and X1 is supposed to be a
state of the art upgrade?
Expert
Regular Contributor

@blaze3410 wrote:
- lock filter options on guide
- continuously scrolling on guide
- better recognition from DVR so that duplicates of shows
won't be recorded even when "New episodes only" is
selected
*** I got all this from my older stb and X1 is supposed to be a
state of the art upgrade?

All great ideas

"continuously scrolling on guide" is something I definitely want back!!!

Expert
Moved:

Post Removed for Violation of Forum Posting Guidelines (Profanity/Language Filters)

Valued Contributor

Hi All,

Please see below for some of the user facing, November updates to X1:

Improving Searchability of Kids and Music Video Content

Enjoy!

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

november 2015 link is briken

Silver Problem Solver

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/new-this-month-on-x1-improving-searchability-of-kids-and...

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Valued Contributor

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi All,

Enjoy!

YAWN!

Regular Contributor

link errors

Valued Contributor

@applehazar wrote:

link errors

All the links worked for me.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

now it works - thanks

Regular Contributor

Thanks Gwen! these, as do all of the new updates, make me HAPPY!!

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi All,

Enjoy!

Regular Contributor

I guess fixing things that are broken aren't considered worthwhile efforts, since you can't promote them as updates.

Official Employee

X1 Answers

Customers will receive responses to various sports-related questions, such as, "Did the Phillies win?" and "What's the score of the Steelers game?" for the following leagues:

MLB
NFL
NHL
NBA
NCAA Men's Basketball
NCAA Men's Football
Coming soon, the voice remote from XFINITY will also answer general questions such as "Who painted the Mona Lisa?", "What is the population of the United States?", and "Who was Abraham Lincoln?"

How to Use X1 Answers

1. Press the microphone icon on the voice remote and speak into the remote

2. Ask a question

3. The X1 answer card should display in a few seconds (3 seconds ideal time)

Requirements

· X1 Answers is available on most X1 devices except for RNG150s

· An X1 Voice Remote is required to use X1 Answers

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

I guess fixing things that are broken aren't considered worthwhile efforts, since you can't promote them as updates.

Yep new toys for certain girls and boys make the update list while we sit abandoned on our island of 'useful to the masses' broken toys . I don't begrudge any segment of the population an enlightened X1 experience but having said that: I don't have little ones nor am I hispanic but I sure would like to  once again have a recording buffer, slo mo, frame by frame, font and contrasts options which ALL can use

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

X1 Answers

Customers will receive responses to various sports-related questions, such as, "Did the Phillies win?" and "What's the score of the Steelers game?" for the following leagues:

MLB
NFL
NHL
NBA
NCAA Men's Basketball
NCAA Men's Football
Coming soon, the voice remote from XFINITY will also answer general questions such as "Who painted the Mona Lisa?", "What is the population of the United States?", and "Who was Abraham Lincoln?"

How to Use X1 Answers

1. Press the microphone icon on the voice remote and speak into the remote

2. Ask a question

3. The X1 answer card should display in a few seconds (3 seconds ideal time)

Requirements

· X1 Answers is available on most X1 devices except for RNG150s

· An X1 Voice Remote is required to use X1 Answers

Cool....it will be more like 'ask google' or 'siri'. I like that!

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Yep new toys for certain girls and boys make the update list while we sit abandoned on our island of 'useful to the masses' broken toys . I don't begrudge any segment of the population an enlightened X1 experience but having said that: I don't have little ones nor am I hispanic but I sure would like to  once again have a recording buffer, slo mo, frame by frame, font and contrasts options which ALL can use

Yeah, but this stuff is not "sexy."  Easier to market "we have Siri-like capabilities."

Frequent Visitor

And terriB can ask the remote "how do i get recording buffer and slo-mo?". I'd be curious what the app would give back as an answer... Gotta be a better answer then a comcast human is giving us.... lol

Sent from my iPhone
Most Valued Poster

@skibumvt wrote:
And terriB can ask the remote "how do i get recording buffer and slo-mo?". I'd be curious what the app would give back as an answer... Gotta be a better answer then a comcast human is giving us.... lol

Sent from my iPho

==============
Now you know I  just HAD to try it for s's and g's.....got back a link to a 'drum recording trailer'. At least I got some response.....ROTFLMAO
Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!, Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!, Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

I don't have a voice activated remote and could care less about one. Too many times it would probably be responding like the automated censor of the forum. If we could collect all the Fluff based X1 upgrades we could soon have the worlds largest ball of lint.

I just got STB version 2.1p10s2.

I don't see anything odd, yet.

Regular Contributor

I never did hear back from Peter Nush.  I emailed him again yesterday asking if he had any updates on the issues list that I sent, but since it's been about 3 weeks from my original email, I'm not holding out much hope for a response...

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

I would like an update that:

- enables additional basic DVR functionality. (slow motion, frame by frame, etc.)

- allows buffer recording (re-enables)

- successfully deletes content

- accurately displays what content I have (my Recordings listing accessed from my DVR is still different from that online.  I continually see content that was deleted months ago.  I also see what appear to be episodes that should have been recorded, but were missed, showing up online, but not on my DVR.)

- does not rely on the "cloud" for remote input response. There is no reason that a remote button press that is 10 feet from a device should ever have a delayed response (with the exception of On Demand).

These are all basic functionality issues, and all things that we are already paying for each month.  There is no other industry I know of that can consistently deliver less than promised and charged for and not have to refund part of payment.

It's been over a month and I've still had no reply from peter_nushjr@cable.comcast.com, who asked me to email him with my issues.

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

- enables additional basic DVR functionality. (slow motion, frame by frame, etc.)

- accurately displays what content I have (my Recordings listing accessed from my DVR is still different from that online.  I continually see content that was deleted months ago.  I also see what appear to be episodes that should have been recorded, but were missed, showing up online, but not on my DVR.)

- does not rely on the "cloud" for remote input response. There is no reason that a remote button press that is 10 feet from a device should ever have a delayed response (with the exception of On Demand).

These are all basic functionality issues, and all things that we are already paying for each month.  There is no other industry I know of that can consistently deliver less than promised and charged for and not have to refund part of payment.

It's been over a month and I've still had no reply from peter_nushjr@cable.comcast.com, who asked me to email him with my issues.

Slo mo and frame by frame are not additional DVR functions. You really should change your post to show 'RE-enable' since we used to have them just like we used to have recording buffer.

Regular Contributor
Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

I was hoping you would at least get a form letter or something...that shows that NO ONE gives a hoot

Regular Contributor

@lightstorm22 wrote:

http://www.lightreading.com/cable/set-top-boxes/comcast-and-ifttt-team-for-notifications-on-x1/d/d-i...

That's pretty cool.  I'll have to set some up to see how well it works

Expert

fwiw 1.59.02 11/30 did not fix the ghost recording entries that appear after deleting some assets (multiple dvr at that home).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

Reminders are Here!

New with XRE 1.59.02, Reminders option is available in Comcast Labs.  Turn it on and you can then set individual or series reminders from the guide.  About time that Legacy feature was restored!!!

Expert
Moved:

Reminders are Back!

Most Valued Poster

Re: Reminders are Back!

Finally got the update with the Labs 'reminders'. Its a very useful feature and happy to have it back  but ironic that it was taken away and  then brought back as part of Labs to be tested like its something new. I would however be very happy if they would restore slo slo mo/frame by frame and recording buffer as  Labs items if thats the only way we can get them back. They are essential functions of a DVR system.

Regular Contributor

I'm still on 1.58.05, 11/09/15. Seems stale to me.  Thoughts?

i have reminders on my Xi3, but not on my DVR. 

Silver Problem Solver

Be patient.  I have two DVR's; one has 58 and the other had 59.

Regular Contributor

That's where I am on all 4 of my DVRs.

New Poster

Not working here...

Official Employee

@Dutchman71 wrote:

Not working here...

Need some specifics, Dutchman72, what isn't working?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

when i set yes to all comcast labs - playing a dvr recorded show now takes extra steps - you can no longer simply click on the show and start the play back - now you have to go to the eposide list - pick the show - then again click on play dvr - does anyone know which notification in labs did this?  i cannot seem to figure it out- thanks

Expert

@applehazar wrote:

when i set yes to all comcast labs - playing a dvr recorded show now takes extra steps - you can no longer simply click on the show and start the play back - now you have to go to the eposide list - pick the show - then again click on play dvr - does anyone know which notification in labs did this?  i cannot seem to figure it out- thanks

sounds like a 'local' error. If you unplug the DVR for 30 seconds and let it reboot the problem may be fixed. remember when you have highlighted a recording you can just hit the play button on the remote (play/pause button).