Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

All my Xfinity apps work fine on iPhones and tPads on IOS 9.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

my account app since upgrading to iOS 9 won't login. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Comcast-ID-and-Sign-In/My-Account-APP-won-t-allow-login/td-p/2602116

anyone else able to login with or without iOS 9? tried it on iPad and iPhone 6+

rest of apps all loaded fine. I'm in the 'great south' region.

Running 9.1 beta 1 and no issues.

Silver Problem Solver

@2themax wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

my account app since upgrading to iOS 9 won't login. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Comcast-ID-and-Sign-In/My-Account-APP-won-t-allow-login/td-p/2602116

You are a brave soul.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

@2themax wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

You are a brave soul.

Same and all is well!

Expert

after over a week of tickets somehow  comcast had put on a temporary login in a back end database that was causing the issues.

the person that resolved (fixed) that said my firmware was out of date and pushed to all 3 boxes. 

all 3 DVRs Arris version 1 mx011AN running 2.1p4s1 she said should be later version. failed the download. I have XRE 1.56.05

in my boxes after reboot of any kind first asset played will not automatically have progress bar 'expire' and disappear. did the trick someone suggested here (pause and hit exit one time after hitting play).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

after over a week of tickets somehow  comcast had put on a temporary login in a back end database that was causing the issues.

the person that resolved (fixed) that said my firmware was out of date and pushed to all 3 boxes. 

all 3 DVRs Arris version 1 mx011AN running 2.1p4s1 she said should be later version. failed the download. I have XRE 1.56.05

in my boxes after reboot of any kind first asset played will not automatically have progress bar 'expire' and disappear. did the trick someone suggested here (pause and hit exit one time after hitting play).

I am not really sure what you are saying. I have  Arris with 1.56.05 dated 09/24 and 2.1p4s1. I still get intermittent progress bar 'sticking'. Are you saying that I need to reboot to get rid of it or put in a ticket for them to somehow update my box or they need to do a more extensive reboot for me (like a 'push').

Thanks

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

I am not really sure what you are saying. I have  Arris with 1.56.05 dated 09/24 and 2.1p4s1. I still get intermittent progress bar 'sticking'. Are you saying that I need to reboot to get rid of it or put in a ticket for them to somehow update my box or they need to do a more extensive reboot for me (like a 'push').

Thanks

you and I have same versions. I've noticed that I only get the sticky progress bar first time I play an asset on the DVR after a reboot (like daily). The help desk that fixed rest of 'back end' problems for me said was push a new '5' firmware but it failed. no idea what the whole firmware was supposed to be.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

Thanks

you and I have same versions. I've noticed that I only get the sticky progress bar first time I play an asset on the DVR after a reboot (like daily). The help desk that fixed rest of 'back end' problems for me said was push a new '5' firmware but it failed. no idea what the whole firmware was supposed to be.

The only reboot here in weeks has been Comcast when they update and I never see it happen so maybe the sticky progress bar acts like you say your does. It did it earlier this week but I don't know what night they rebooted. Next time it sticks I will check version,etc. to see it anything has changed and it rebooted. Onward!

Congrats on anything you got corrected but sounds like it was quite a process to get action

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

Thanks

The only reboot here in weeks has been Comcast when they update and I never see it happen so maybe the sticky progress bar acts like you say your does. It did it earlier this week but I don't know what night they rebooted. Next time it sticks I will check version,etc. to see it anything has changed and it rebooted. Onward!

Congrats on anything you got corrected but sounds like it was quite a process to get action

it isn't just updates it is after an reboot. I'm guessing the initialization reboot routine does not set some 'variable' properly and that keeps the status from going away until pause and exit is hit.

Problem Solver

1.57.01 9/18/2015 has arrived.

Expert

@scjohnson312 wrote:

this morning got 1.57.02 9/22/15 and firmware update to 2.1p5s1

My first test after reboot was for the progress bar, which now may be cured.

not sure if this is new but under gear menu, help, there is a trouble shooting row, first one is restart, 2nd remote setup, 3rd x1 tips and tricks, 4th need more help. are any of these new?

Did not find any new menu features/options.

Silver Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

not sure if this is new but under gear menu, help, there is a trouble shooting row, first one is restart, 2nd remote setup, 3rd x1 tips and tricks, 4th need more help. are any of these new?

I have had those help options for a while.  Not new to me.  And I have a Pace greenie (V1) that gets updates after everyone else gets theirs.

I particularly like the remote setup because it recognizes the make of the TV and has the option to set up an a/v receiver.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

I really have to give Comcast credit these last few weeks. They really have been relesing a lot of software and firmare updates that definitely seem to have made improvments to the X1 UI as far as reliability and performance goes. Comcast still has a long way to go to make the X1 UI super fast and reliable as it should be and needs to be. But in the 2 years plus that I have been using X1 it is currently the best I have seen it as far as reliability and performance goes.

I would like to see a lot more new cool features added to X1 as well but Comcast needs to make the reliability and performance issues it's number one priority! 

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Troubleshooting,etc has been there for a while so not new. I really hope the sticky progress bar is resolved with 1.57.02. It did it to me first thing this morning and I don't have 1.57 yet

Problem Solver

Mine rolled back to 1.56.05, but the STB version bumped to 2.1p6s2.

Regular Contributor

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Anything new and exciting? Smiley Happy 

Regular Contributor

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

I have a new and exciting bug, now one out of every four or five times, from pause, pressing forward to initiate the slow motion instead activates fast forward.

Haven't seen any significant fixes, blackout of Guide items is less frequent but still occurs occastionally, still have to enter parental code twice whenever starting DVR content, etc...

Regular Contributor

@tctc wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

I have a new and exciting bug, now one out of every four or five times, from pause, pressing forward to initiate the slow motion instead activates fast forward.

Haven't seen any significant fixes, blackout of Guide items is less frequent but still occurs occastionally, still have to enter parental code twice whenever starting DVR content, etc...

I thought the issue with the blackout of guide items was completely fixed?

You are still seeing it happen? Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@scjohnson312 wrote:

I thought the issue with the blackout of guide items was completely fixed?

You are still seeing it happen? Smiley Sad

I have occasional instances of one item blacked out, I used to have 2 blacked out on each page I would scroll to, almost every time I brought up the guide.  So it's definitely better.

Problem Solver

I believe it was said it was fixed in 2.1p4, if you have a version before that it won't be.
Expert

rolled forward again to 157.02 still on fw 2.1p5s1

was watching a long news block, got a call and paused playback. When I resumed the show continued but showed the icon and name of the live tv show along with a progress bar that 'ended' at present time. 

I was about 30 minutes from end, time was 12noon about, progress bar showed 11:30am approximately. somehow the progress bar that showed a 3 hour span as 'blue' (the asset) had real clock tiime and live channel name and icon on the status bar. I paused it. hit exit a couple of times to go to 'live' tv to see if it would reset instead it just 'froze' no progress bar no live tv. hit last and restarted the asset which began where i had just paused it. hit exit and went to live TV. 

'vellly interesing' !

Expert

Tivo Bolt (next generation no cablecard required review

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/29/9419725/tivo-bolt-review-walt-mossberg

edit: cablecard needed

Expert

had to reboot after intensive use of DVR caused memory leaks and remote was being ignored (LED flashed by clock but was ignored).

got new 1.57.03 9/28/15 still fw 2.1p5s1 no changes found in menu.

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

had to reboot after intensive use of DVR caused memory leaks and remote was being ignored (LED flashed by clock but was ignored).

I have been able to "lock" it up by multiple buton presses for many finctions in my testing...  Waiting sometimes works, but normally I must reboot the DVR.  Same thing, green light indicates receiving the command, but nothing changes....

-=Ray=-

Most Valued Poster

September X1 Updates?

Didn't see any posts on Corporate Comcasts Blog or on the sticky here. Any upcoming September updates? Or October now?
Expert

@geek46 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

I have been able to "lock" it up by multiple buton presses for many finctions in my testing...  Waiting sometimes works, but normally I must reboot the DVR.  Same thing, green light indicates receiving the command, but nothing changes....

-=Ray=-

well that lockup caused another problem it seems. Wife recorded (series) survivor off CBS. When the lockup happened the recording stopped (had 18 minutes or so of 61) and did not resume after reboot. fortunately she was able to watch it on cloud dvr on ipad mini. you'd think that a reboot would resume recordings in progress but nope. 

edit: first show I deleted gave 'success' message but returned me to the 'recordings' list where I had started watching the recording only to find the just deleted show still 'there'. Started next asset and then returned via xFinity button to recordings and the deleted item listing was gone.

last night I noticed that the new recordings in progress are not shown in the recordings unless you exit and come back into the recordings list. In my opinion that list of assets should update whenever it is presented to us after playing an asset.

Regular Contributor

Looks like DVR was updated to 1.57.03 09/28/2015 15:06 sometime between last night and now.

STB version unchanged at 2.1p4s2_PROD_HYBse.
Expert

@SkyhawkDriver wrote:
Looks like DVR was updated to 1.57.03 09/28/2015 15:06 sometime between last night and now.

STB version unchanged at 2.1p4s2_PROD_HYBse.

Remember when the question of updates came about?   STB 2.1p6s1 is out in some markets.

-=Ray=-

Most Valued Poster

Comcast, how about updating the OP and start showing us again the upcoming updates.  August is the last month listed.  It is now October.  

New Poster

"Sync DVR" in settings solves the "deleted show that won't leave" problem, I find!   I need to use the Sync a lot.   Under

Regular Contributor

have you ever read what follows after each time comcast is so nice to provide us with info of updates. it is message after message after message of people complaining about new things and how they don't want new things. I don't work for comcast but if i were that person posting about new things and all i got was people complaining about said new things, i would be hesitant to post about those new things. If you don't know what I am talking about, go back to the last time it occurred. after I post this message, I will go back and give you a page number to reference and edit this post with said page number. it is not isolated. this occurs every time comcast is so kind to give us this info.

edited to state, I kind find the exact page number because it has been so long since we were given info on updates. However, if you have read this thread long enough you know that when comcast does give us this info it follows with many people upset that new things are coming before their problems are fixed...

@TiredRetired wrote:

Comcast, how about updating the OP and start showing us again the upcoming updates.  August is the last month listed.  It is now October.  

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates.....moved threads

Please explain how a random customer can move posts.   I don't see a red comcast name and where are they as " I have no priveleges"  to see where they went....What?

Official Employee

@TiredRetired wrote:

Hey Butch, just for you:

Co-Pilot Program Launch: Ability for agents to perform a takeover of a customer’s X1 set-top box to provide better troubleshooting (limited trial).
Spanish Language Menu Support: Menu language can be set to Spanish as a default; when selected, the Main Menu, linear guide, Kids Zone and more will display in Spanish.
TV Extras: Extras (e.g., behind the scenes featurettes) can now be purchased from TV series and movie entity pages.
SAP and D)) icons added to details pages and XFINITY On Demand watch/rent/buy options when content has an available SAP or Video Description audio track.
SAP filter added to XFINITY On Demand.
Surround sound audio updates.
Power Save feature now defaulted to ON.

1.57.03 coming soon ( some may already have it)

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

Got 1.57.03 yesterday.  Any notes for it?

Contributor

What in particular about Surround Sound audio got updated?

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

Hey Butch, just for you:

Co-Pilot Program Launch: Ability for agents to perform a takeover of a customer’s X1 set-top box to provide better troubleshooting (limited trial).
Spanish Language Menu Support: Menu language can be set to Spanish as a default; when selected, the Main Menu, linear guide, Kids Zone and more will display in Spanish.
TV Extras: Extras (e.g., behind the scenes featurettes) can now be purchased from TV series and movie entity pages.
SAP and D)) icons added to details pages and XFINITY On Demand watch/rent/buy options when content has an available SAP or Video Description audio track.

Regular Contributor

xx

Regular Contributor

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

have you ever read what follows after each time comcast is so nice to provide us with info of updates. it is message after message after message of people complaining about new things and how they don't want new things. I don't work for comcast but if i were that person posting about new things and all i got was people complaining about said new things, i would be hesitant to post about those new things. If you don't know what I am talking about, go back to the last time it occurred. after I post this message, I will go back and give you a page number to reference and edit this post with said page number. it is not isolated. this occurs every time comcast is so kind to give us this info.

edited to state, I kind find the exact page number because it has been so long since we were given info on updates. However, if you have read this thread long enough you know that when comcast does give us this info it follows with many people upset that new things are coming before their problems are fixed...

@TiredRetired wrote:

No doubt, that definitely happens.  But if I worked for Comcast in support I would welcome that feedback (complaints), and I would be working tirelessly to get my developers and management to understand exactly what cutomers are asking for, and try to get them to stop focusing on the fluffy updates and fix the performance and add back in the basic DVR functionality that has been lost since the older generation system.  But maybe that's just me.

Regular Contributor

DVR firmware got bumped last night to 2.1p6s2
Silver Problem Solver

@SkyhawkDriver wrote:
DVR firmware got bumped last night to 2.1p6s2

Goodness gracious.  My V1 Pace DVR is still at 2.1p4s2.

Regular Contributor

My Xi3 boxes have had the XRE server version updated and are all now on 1.57.03 09/28/2015, but the STB firmware version has been on 2.0.2p14s2 since I switched to X1 in early Aug.

Does anyone have a newer STB version for their Xi3 boxes? Yes...I have rebooted them.
Expert

@SkyhawkDriver wrote:
My Xi3 boxes have had the XRE server version updated and are all now on 1.57.03 09/28/2015, but the STB firmware version has been on 2.0.2p14s2 since I switched to X1 in early Aug.

Does anyone have a newer STB version for their Xi3 boxes? Yes...I have rebooted them.

That is the FW for the Xi3's.....

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@TiredRetired wrote:

Hey Butch, just for you:

Thanks Andrew.....seems these notes should be automatic with each update?

I have the latest update and have not seen the power saver default as 'on' for which I am very grateful because I don't care for it I think it causes more problems than its worth.

The Spanish layer on the guide seems to be expanding along with updates customizing X1 usage for Spanish speaking customers . One of the top items on my update wish list is for Comcast to expand the ability to customize the guide to eliminate channel layers a customer has no use for. In other words allow users to only see what they want to see on the guide and not just HD only /Kids/Movies,etc options. Since ‘guide customization’ is already part of the platform seems Comcast should be able to add more options. Good news is that we have hundreds of channels on the guide. Bad news is that we have hundreds of channels on the guide. Example: we have inadvertently recorded movies in Spanish more than once and are not pleased. Yes we know that the Channel indicator says such as ‘HBO Latino’ but when we look for movies we are NOT looking over there. AT THE VERY LEAST show the movie titles in Spanish so its not so blasted confusing.

Expert
Moved:

gate1975mlm,

Your post was removed for violating the Posting guidelines.

Please Do Not

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

You can review the Posting Guidelines here:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/m-p/866289#U866289

Thank you,

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Regular Contributor

I'm with you TeriB. Since I don't speak Spanish, listing Spanish Channels just adds to the clutter of a guide that is already bloated with entries. As has been stated many times by many people why can't Comcast fix what they already have before they add more stuff. They are acting like a high pressure salesman trying to keep the customers eyes off their X1 problems by using more and more new features as a redirection tactic. It's like Clark Griswald ending up with the Family Truckster instead of the car he wanted in 'Family Vacation".

With one or two XRE versions and the occasional STB version upgrade per month we have been bombarded with changes to the X! system since it's inception. It seems Comcast has adopted the Microsoft paradigm of monthly "patches" to their X1 OS. Too bad they aren't as good as Microsoft in making these changes transparent to the user.

Oye Como Va !