Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Expert

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@lightstorm22 wrote:

Wasn't the 6th tuner turned on to accomodate the Xi3 companion boxes, which steal a tuner from the hub? TerriB, you are lucky. I have two of the Xi3s, so I really only have 4 tuners I would think, unless I physically turn off the companions to free them up. I never record more than 2 shows at once though. I would lose another tuner, but my third companion is an RNG150.

might be the stated reason, but TiVo using same cable cards as in the x1 STBs use all 6 so might be competetive. My wife was watching one DVR in bedroom while I was scheduling 18 recordings to test, the scheduler changed channel to use the tuner on that DVR. So apparently the scheduler uses all 6 tuners. I still got some 'subscription needed messages on the last 2 scheduled (fail to tune and msg on screen was icon and ... dots on screen).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Set DVR to record a football game today and set it to auto extend. Game went over by about 15 minutes, but it did not record the extra time. Stopped at exactly 3 hours. 

Is this unreliable? Should I just set it to record extra time in the future manually? 

Thanks. 

Silver Problem Solver

Auto-extend has stopped working.  Do it manually.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

I tried the long exit, down two times, enter on first diagnostic etc., but that doesn't work for me. All I get is a flashing time bar and circle with LIVE in it. I'm trying to find how many tuners I have. Any other suggestions? From what I can glean from other posts I have a Pace XG1v3. 

Expert

@schnappsy wrote:

I tried the long exit, down two times, enter on first diagnostic etc., but that doesn't work for me. All I get is a flashing time bar and circle with LIVE in it. I'm trying to find how many tuners I have. Any other suggestions? From what I can glean from other posts I have a Pace XG1v3. 

Press EXIT for 2 seconds

DOWN ARROW twice

then the number 2

This will get you into System Diagnosgtics....

Under SUMMARY goto In-Band Network and you will see the number of tuners.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED letters.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

I find it important to compliment comcast when a job is well done and today is such an opportunity to do so...

My newest favorite feature within X1 is the NFL extras within the sports app by pressing the "c" button on your remote. there are several tabs within extra but my favorite was the live tab. I compared it to a game actually live in my time zone and it was truly live. In theory, I can now "Watch" two games at once. one game happening on the live broadcast channel and one on the live tab of the extras within the sports app on X1. Great job comcast and the X1 team on a much improved experience with the sports app!!!

Frequent Visitor

We are adding markets as quickly as we can.  Hope to have all customers covered very soon.  

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks brandonbob - we are pretty excited about it as well.  We are working hard to make the quality of football better, and make it available for all Comcast customers, while this feature is still in Comcast Labs.  Let us know if you have any additional feedback you'd like to share?

Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work for you.   I know we still have issues if you use the "Team" recording feature, or "Series" recording feature to record all Monday Night Football games for example.  If you had the Team recording set, you might try canceling that and recording the individual game with the auto-extend option on.  

Regular Contributor

your welcome! for right now, I am very satisfied but I only had yesterday to play around with it. I will get back to you after a couple more weeks have gone by!

@ESchwaa wrote:

Thanks brandonbob - we are pretty excited about it as well.  We are working hard to make the quality of football better, and make it available for all Comcast customers, while this feature is still in Comcast Labs.  Let us know if you have any additional feedback you'd like to share?

Frequent Visitor

The auto-extend feature isn't an option on "Team" recordings and "Series" recordings, such as all Monday Night Football games.   Please try canceling those repeating recordings and just record the individual game.  

Silver Problem Solver

September 14 and no September Updates?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Problem Solver

The white flash issue I was having with FW 2.1 is now solved in 2.1p4s2, woohoo!
Silver Problem Solver

@scjohnson312 wrote:
The white flash issue I was having with FW 2.1 is now solved in 2.1p4s2, woohoo!

Wow.  I'm still on STB 2.0.2.15s1.  (Pace greenie)

Regular Contributor

Why isn't ESchwaa red letters and why is today his or her only 4 posts ever?

Most Valued Poster

@lightstorm22 wrote:

Why isn't ESchwaa red letters and why is today his or her only 4 posts ever?

I wondered about that too. If he/she is a Comcast rep it should be identified as such on here.

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I find it important to compliment comcast when a job is well done and today is such an opportunity to do so...

My newest favorite feature within X1 is the NFL extras within the sports app by pressing the "c" button on your remote. there are several tabs within extra but my favorite was the live tab. I compared it to a game actually live in my time zone and it was truly live. In theory, I can now "Watch" two games at once. one game happening on the live broadcast channel and one on the live tab of the extras within the sports app on X1. Great job comcast and the X1 team on a much improved experience with the sports app!!!

That sounds like a great feature and will check it out tonight.  What update version do you have? I don't have .03 yet. ESchwaa made it sound like it was in still in Comcast Labs but I don't see it.

Problem Solver

I've had it for a while, it's just like the extras for other sports, and just like what we had last year. It's not in labs for me.
Most Valued Poster

@scjohnson312 wrote:
I've had it for a while, it's just like the extras for other sports, and just like what we had last year. It's not in labs for me.

@scjohnson312 wrote:

Ok I will sure look for it.  The extras for MLB doesn't have the really good 'live' diamond  like it did before they changed the App. The little diamond is just too small and no detail The one we used to have showed the details of what was happening. I remember the football field graphic we used to have so can't wait to see what it looks like now.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I am on version 1.56.02 and firmware 2.1.0. also, it is not the same as last years NFL extras. It is new and improved...at least not what I had last year.

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

That sounds like a great feature and will check it out tonight.  What update version do you have? I don't have .03 yet. ESchwaa made it sound like it was in still in Comcast Labs but I don't see it.

Regular Contributor

#!: started writing a message here, got to the end and it disappeared.  not a good sign.

Having FF, rewind, and pause issues.

pushed FF, nothing happened. Tried again, and again.

then it started to FF and couldn't stop it.

when it did, same thing with rewind.

Coundn't get back to the starting poind.

had to do a box reset.Same issue with another box the next day.

to say annoying doesn't even come close.

Regular Contributor

I've been having issues like that, mostly at night, for a few weeks now. Huge delay on trick play functions on DVR playback. I've been having to resort to 2x speed instead of 3x, otherwise I hit play and it goes on for several seconds before registering the command, and I'm a couple minutes past the commercials.

Problem Solver

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I am on version 1.56.02 and firmware 2.1.0. also, it is not the same as last years NFL extras. It is new and improved...at least not what I had last year.

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

True, last year's didn't work too well 

Frequent Visitor

Hi lightstorm. Been working on mostly backend services so letting my other colleagues do most of the posting in Forums.

DVR In-Game highlights is a Comcast Labs feature. First arrived in 1.55 in Labs. If you turn this feature on in Comcast Labs, when you start DVR playback of a MLS or NFL game, and you are in the right market you will see an info box letting you know that highlights are available.

The NFL Extras is part of the Sports App that launches when you press 'c' during a live sporting event.

Most Valued Poster

@scjohnson312 wrote:

-----------
Not in Labs here either and I see nothing exciting in the 'extras'
Most Valued Poster

I guess I was looking for something really different in the NFL extras.  I still only have watch/extra/record. I don't have the 'live' tab that BrandonBob talked about. What version do I have to have to see that tab?  I have 1.56.02 and stb 2.1p2s2  ( at least I think they are '2s' for the ST.  Before they redid the App we had a complete little football field where you could see what was happening (and we had the little baseball field too). Those were really cool.

What I see with NFL extras tab is a a big red arrow showing whose ball it is, an arc for a field goal  and down marker info. I didn't keep checking to see what it does for a TD. That screen scrolls to the stats screen pretty quickly. Would be nice if we could at least control when it scrolls in all sports extras but quite frankly I don't see much to cheer about with the extras. Sure wish we could have what they took away and why DO they take the good stuff away?

Regular Contributor

yup you are describing the features that I love, the new features. this is the live tab that you are describing below in your post. as you said all you have is watch, extra, record. the live tab is in extras and it is the live visual graphics with live stats. I think it is AWESOME! but heah, thats just me!

@TerriB wrote:

I guess I was looking for something really different in the NFL extras.  I still only have watch/extra/record. I don't have the 'live' tab that BrandonBob talked about. What version do I have to have to see that tab?  I have 1.56.02 and STB 2.1p2s2  ( at least I think they are '2s' for the ST.  Before they redid the App we had a complete little football field where you could see what was happening (and we had the little baseball field too). Those were really cool.

Now what  I get with NFL extras is a a big red arrow showing whose ball it is, an arc for a field goal  and down marker info. I didn't keep checking to see what it does for a TD. That screen scrolls to the stats screen pretty quickly. Would be nice if we could at least control when it scrolls in all sports extras but quite frankly I don't see much to cheer about with the extras. Sure wish we could have what they took away and why DO they take the good stuff away?

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

yup you are describing the features that I love, the new features. this is the live tab that you are describing below in your post. as you said all you have is watch, extra, record. the live tab is in extras and it is the live visual graphics with live stats. I think it is AWESOME! but heah, thats just me!

@TerriB wrote:

I guess I was looking for something really different in the NFL extras.  I still only have watch/extra/record. I don't have the 'live' tab that BrandonBob talked about. What version do I have to have to see that tab?  I have 1.56.02 and STB 2.1p2s2  ( at least I think they are '2s' for the ST.  Before they redid the App we had a complete little football field where you could see what was happening (and we had the little baseball field too). Those were really cool.

Now what  I get with NFL extras is a a big red arrow showing whose ball it is, an arc for a field goal  and down marker info. I didn't keep checking to see what it does for a TD. That screen scrolls to the stats screen pretty quickly. Would be nice if we could at least control when it scrolls in all sports extras but quite frankly I don't see much to cheer about with the extras. Sure wish we could have what they took away and why DO they take the good stuff away?

Brandonbob...please describe the live visual graphics you see if its anything other than the arrow/arc,etc.  I would describe the football field we had last year as visual graphics but I don't see what you are talking about now. Let me make sure I understand....there is no new  'live' tab..correct?

Regular Contributor

yes, last year there were visual graphics but they werent live in that they were up to the moment in time they occurred. I recall alot of people upset about that on this thread lol. thats fixed!

yes, there certainly is a new live tab within the extras section of the sports app. What is live are the stats that are specific to each play and that visual graphics for the play. It puts up different players that affected each play and shows their stats not just for that play but for the entire game. each play a new visual graphic comes up to display what occurred along with a new set of stats for that play.

my message from a couple days ago explains how to get there pretty easily. so that you dont have to scroll back, I will copy and paste:

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

Brandonbob...please describe the live visual graphics you see if its anything other than the arrow/arc,etc.  I would describe the football field we had last year as visual graphics but I don't see what you are talking about now. Let me make sure I understand....there is no new  'live' tab..correct?

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

yes, last year there were visual graphics but they werent live in that they were up to the moment in time they occurred. I recall alot of people upset about that on this thread lol. thats fixed!

yes, there certainly is a new live tab within the extras section of the sports app. What is live are the stats that are specific to each play and that visual graphics for the play. It puts up different players that affected each play and shows their stats not just for that play but for the entire game. each play a new visual graphic comes up to display what occurred along with a new set of stats for that play.

my message from a couple days ago explains how to get there pretty easily. so that you dont have to scroll back, I will copy and paste:

@TerriB wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I am really dense in understanding this. I have an NFL  Extras tab but no live tab within Extras. There are several screens in Extras that scroll without me being able to control most of them showing player and game stats like in MLB and we love the stats for reference during and after a game but I don't consider that 'live' as far as the game itself is concerned. 'Live' to me would be fulll field graphic with movement shown as it happens like we used to have. I am happy that you are enjoying it but its of little value here. Oh well...life goes on and we just switch back and forth to check on games. Lately we have our Redskins and Nats football and MLB games on at the same time and we are wearing out the 'last' button    Smiley Sad

I will have to pay more attention to whats in the extra screens and see if I see something that I have missed that looks like what you describe as visual graphics.

Silver Problem Solver

Terri,

Edit:

I googled on comcast extras fantasy and got this:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/football-extras-on-x1-just-in-time-for-kickoff

Silver Problem Solver

This is a new sticky thread:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/New-DVR-In-Game-Highlights/m-p/2574085#U2574085

Regular Contributor

robert, that's exactly what I am talking about. The live tab I am referring to is in the upper left corner of your picture Of the app, two tabs over from "leaders"

@RobertWy wrote:

Terri,

Edit:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/football-extras-on-x1-just-in-time-for-kickoff

Most Valued Poster

@RobertWy wrote:

Terri,

Edit:

I didn't really look at the tabs too closely Sunday night but I would  think the one furthest to the left labeled live would be the one that popped up when I  went to extras initially and all it had was the arrow for who had the ball, the arc for field goal,etc and showed what down it was. I will look again Thursday night to make sure I am looking at the right screen.

I checked out the slide show on the link you provided and I got mad that all it shows is the tab for 'leaders'.....several times with different teams. Why not give us a screen shot of each tab within extras like they did with the MLB extras tabs........jeez

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Terri,

Edit:

I didn't really look at the tabs too closely Sunday night but I would  think the one furthest to the left labeled live would be the one that popped up when I  went to extras initially and all it had was the arrow for who had the ball, the arc for field goal,etc and showed what down it was. I will look again Thursday night to make sure I am looking at the right screen. You guys rock

Can I trade any/all of this for slow motion and frame by frame?
Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Terri,

Edit:

I didn't really look at the tabs too closely Sunday night but I would  think the one furthest to the left labeled live would be the one that popped up when I  went to extras initially and all it had was the arrow for who had the ball, the arc for field goal,etc and showed what down it was. I will look again Thursday night to make sure I am looking at the right screen. You guys rock

tctc...I will also trade all of it for buffered recording

Regular Contributor

@tctc wrote:

Please, please, please...

Expert

new  fw 2.1p4s1 on 1.56.02

old issue 'back' again. Random recording assets when selected (normally see watch etc optiosn) when selected get just blank lines. Had to play recording by using xfinity remote and its DVR manager to play on TV.

Most Valued Poster

Stop with all the new bells and whistles please Comcast. Every time I see a commercial I whince. X1 is not cheap and we deserve a stable platform that does not go wanky wonky over and over  like we keep describing AND we need the features back that are universally useful and not for a targeted portion of the audience. .....Recording buffer, real slo mo in both directions and frame by frame. Our cries keep falling on deaf ears and nothing gets addressed. And please stop telling us that with the cloud we cannot have a recording buffer. It just does not set well that a new technology can wipe it out. If I am not mistaken other platforms out there have cloud and buffered recording.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

Stop with all the new bells and whistles please Comcast. Every time I see a commercial I whince. X1 is not cheap and we deserve a stable platform that does not go wanky wonky over and over  like we keep describing AND we need the features back that are universally useful and not for a targeted portion of the audience. .....Recording buffer, real slo mo in both directions and frame by frame. Our cries keep falling on deaf ears and nothing gets addressed. And please stop telling us that with the cloud we cannot have a recording buffer. It just does not set well that a new technology can wipe it out. If I am not mistaken other platforms out there have cloud and buffered recording.

And no matter how many times these issues are brought up on this forum, the Comcast employees who post here NEVER specifically address them.

Regular Contributor

@rjc1247 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

And no matter how many times these issues are brought up on this forum, the Comcast employees who post here NEVER specifically address them.

How True. If you can "rewind live TV" why can't they record it ? To use an old Shakespeare Quote "Somethings rotten in Denmark !"

The loss of the buffer is  a pain in the B. It takes away the spontaneity we used to have. Not everything a person decides to record is capable of being predetermined by the user beforehand.  Meanwhile, Comcast Execs sit in their Ivory towers spewing endless propaganda about the wonderful world of X1 to the uninitiated public. Bah Humbug !

When I was writing software I never gave up on a problem. Some solutions involved as many as three or four pieces of software from different companies to give the desired result. You use what you have and make it work. Can't do buffer recordings in the cloud ?

I'm not buying it.

Problem Solver

1.56.05 and 2.1p5s1 showed up today.. Maybe something will make you guys happy Smiley Happy
Expert

@scjohnson312 wrote:
1.56.05 and 2.1p5s1 showed up today.. Maybe something will make you guys happy Smiley Happy

my 1.56.05 under saved>recordings has a new problem (related to previous problems of not updating the recordings list lbefore displaying it. I used the menu to select a debate asset from last night, at end pressed 'D' button and selected delete. popover said 'deleted' successful but asset is still listed. navigated to the x on right of the asset and selected delete. same message but asset still listed. hit exit button and navigated back to the recordings and it was in fact gone. I think this is about 3 version updates without fixing the problem they added.

Regular Contributor

I don't want to get ny hopes up but the Progress Bar has not gotten stuck at all for the last 5 days or so.

So I think it may be finally fixed Smiley Happy

In fact the whole UI seems faster and more smooth the last week or so. I hope Comcast will continue to improve the speed and smoothness of the X1 UI!!!!

Most Valued Poster

@gate1975mlm wrote:

I don't want to get ny hopes up but the Progress Bar has not gotten stuck at all for the last 5 days or so.

In fact the whole UI seems faster and more smooth the last week or so. I hope Comcast will continue to improve the speed and smoothness of the X1 UI!!!!

Hush now! My progress bar has been behaving too but I was scared to jinx it by saying it outloud.

Expert

my account app since upgrading to iOS 9 won't login. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Comcast-ID-and-Sign-In/My-Account-APP-won-t-allow-login/td-p/2602116

anyone else able to login with or without iOS 9? tried it on iPad and iPhone 6+

rest of apps all loaded fine. I'm in the 'great south' region.

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

Hush now! My progress bar has been behaving too but I was scared to jinx it by saying it outloud.

same here, i had not noticed not seeing the progress bar issue. good eye!

Regular Contributor

that's actually the only Comcast app I DO NOT HAVE lol. I never downloaded it. Does it have a lot of use?

on a side note...I wish they would just merge all of these apps into one big giant app lol. I hate having so many apps from same provider.

@Rustyben wrote:

my account app since upgrading to iOS 9 won't login. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Comcast-ID-and-Sign-In/My-Account-APP-won-t-allow-login/td-p/2602116

Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

Works fine here

Silver Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

Mine works. (Houston, not that it matters)