Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

xr 2 is not the same as the x2 platform. x1 is already on x2 with the 2.0 firmware. xr2 is a remote for the x1/x2 platform

@TerriB wrote:

@geek46 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

XRE 1.56.02 dated 8/24/15 - don't see any obvious changes but the progress bar when you first start playing assets still has same problem. To clear (one time per watching an asset, hit pause and then play.

Just found this tidbit and may explain a few things:

The Play/Pause behavior that you described above is by design as we get ready to be able to offer the XR2 (v3) remote across all of our guide platforms later this year.

Pressing the DAY+ button will continue to bring up the on-screen timebar when playing back a DVR program or while watching live TV.

With the XR2 and our legacy devices, customers will be able to easily assign and set up some shortcuts for many functions (additional awareness will start now that the latest A31 update is completely rolled out and XR2 remotes become available on legacy devices) via the on-screen guide:

The update will enable Comcast customers to personalize the A, B, C or D keys on the XR2 remote to better meet their needs and usage of the guide with the new remote control.

Customers can override the default values of the A, B, C or D keys

Current defaults for the legacy guide (A31) using the XR2 remote: A is Help, B is Day+, C is Closed Captioning & D is DVS

Hmmmmm........

OMG to the max. Sounds like we will have that darn progress bar sitting there mocking us until X2  is deployed and who knows when that will be...... They should rename the currect platform the  X1 Bug Workaround while we thump our fingers and wait. I have no problem with what they said about bringing up the progress bar with DAY+ button but why does it have to sit there after FF or RW NOW?

Regular Contributor

How is a new remote, or customizing the functionality of some buttons on a remote, in any way related to the length of time (forever) that a progress bar stays on the screen?

Answer = it's not if you know how to code.

Most Valued Poster

@tctc wrote:

How is a new remote, or customizing the functionality of some buttons on a remote, in any way related to the length of time (forever) that a progress bar stays on the screen?

AMEN! Its a bug  and not part of a new feature yet to be deployed.

My eyes are crossed from what BrandonBob said about X1/X2/XR2 and lets add R2D2 but I guess someday it will be explained to we simple folk when the new platform comes out or is it really a new platform .... ! All I know is that I have X1 with  XR2 remote with voice control (love it) but of course it does me no good with what I think I read about customizing key functions. I have visions of a torrent of 'can't do and huh'  threads when we try to do that with some future platform.... Maybe I will say woo hoo when and if but for now can't we just get the bug fixed to get rid of that progress bar without having to go way around the button barn to get rid of it.

Problem Solver

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

xr 2 is not the same as the x2 platform. x1 is already on x2 with the 2.0 firmware. xr2 is a remote for the x1/x2 platform

@TerriB wrote:

@geek46 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

XRE 1.56.02 dated 8/24/15 - don't see any obvious changes but the progress bar when you first start playing assets still has same problem. To clear (one time per watching an asset, hit pause and then play.

The Play/Pause behavior that you described above is by design as we get ready to be able to offer the XR2 (v3) remote across all of our guide platforms later this year.

Pressing the DAY+ button will continue to bring up the on-screen timebar when playing back a DVR program or while watching live TV.

With the XR2 and our legacy devices, customers will be able to easily assign and set up some shortcuts for many functions (additional awareness will start now that the latest A31 update is completely rolled out and XR2 remotes become available on legacy devices) via the on-screen guide:

The update will enable Comcast customers to personalize the A, B, C or D keys on the XR2 remote to better meet their needs and usage of the guide with the new remote control.

Current defaults for the legacy guide (A31) using the XR2 remote: A is Help, B is Day+, C is Closed Captioning & D is DVS

Hmmmmm........

OMG to the max. Sounds like we will have that darn progress bar sitting there mocking us until X2  is deployed and who knows when that will be...... They should rename the currect platform the  X1 Bug Workaround while we thump our fingers and wait. I have no problem with what they said about bringing up the progress bar with DAY+ button but why does it have to sit there after FF or RW NOW?

This post was completely irrelevant, the quote is regarding the legacy blue i-Guide software, not X1. This has absolutely nothing due to X1, it is just explaining how the XR2 remote works with legacy boxes.

Expert

@tctc wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I agree! I love the X1 cloud Dvr for this and many other reasons. 

@geek46 wrote:

@snowrain wrote:
Yes and Yes!  I don't care about the cloud, it's only another way for them to nickle and dime us. I want a dvr that works as well as my panasonic dvr from 15 years ago that I can no longer use because comcast used their control of NBC news to get politicians to do what they want (encrypt all feeds).  Or my old VCRs for that matter.  If you take away basics for "new" stuff, you are still going backwards. 

Cloud pretty much does away with your DVR...you only use the DVR to interface with the cloud recorded content then.... pretty much unplug them and the Cloud will still record...

This is especially useful when you are recording late night content when your DVR decides to do its nightly update... no more interrupted sessions!!!

Why would any half decent DVR platform need nightly updates?

probably to allow updates that might take a long time to happen while major programming is not happening and to reset 'memory' (memory leaks is common in computer applications).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@geek46 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

Hmmmmm........

I went to my Comcast Store and replaced all my XR2 remotes with either XR5 or XR11.

I even use XR5's with my two HDTA's (non-X1).

This change has no affect on me, as far as I can tell.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Problem Solver

Robert, as stated in my above comment, there is no change as what was quoted is for IGUIDE ONLY
Regular Contributor

R2D2, very funny! thanks for the laugh. however, to be a little clearer, all i was saying is that x2 is the same as x1. meaning, if you have x1 then you have x2. x2 is what deployed a lot of the cloud DVR features.  it was the firmware update 2.0 which brought about x2. if i am wrong on this, andrew or another comcast rep can correct me.

and xr2, is the remote that originally came with your box. the voice control remote is called XR11. I know this can be a little confusing since both have the letter x and 2 in them. Hope that clarifies my earlier statement.

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

AMEN! Its a bug  and not part of a new feature yet to be deployed.

My eyes are crossed from what BrandonBob said about X1/X2/XR2 and lets add R2D2 but I guess someday it will be explained to we simple folk when the new platform comes out or is it really a new platform .... ! All I know is that I have X1 with  XR2 remote with voice control (love it) but of course it does me no good with what I think I read about customizing key functions. I have visions of a torrent of 'can't do and huh'  threads when we try to do that with some future platform.... Maybe I will say woo hoo when and if but for now can't we just get the bug fixed to get rid of that progress bar without having to go way around the button barn to get rid of it.

Problem Solver

So my DVR must've updated past 2.1 in the past few days, because now it boots to a blue screen....

Most Valued Poster

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

R2D2, very funny! thanks for the laugh. however, to be a little clearer, all i was saying is that x2 is the same as x1. meaning, if you have x1 then you have x2. x2 is what deployed a lot of the cloud DVR features.  it was the firmware update 2.0 which brought about x2. if i am wrong on this, andrew or another comcast rep can correct me.

and xr2, is the remote that originally came with your box. the voice control remote is called XR11. I know this can be a little confusing since both have the letter x and 2 in them. Hope that clarifies my earlier statement.

BB...Hey I made you laugh......excellent. Thanks for the correction on the remote nomenclature. I think I actually knew that but I  was spinning in the X1/2/R2/D2 defs and got it wrong. I did hear from one of our most expert members that X1 development is coming to an end as they are spending efforts on  X2.

Regular Contributor

Comcast please fix the progress bar!!!!

It keeps getting stuck after fast Forwarding recordings! :

This has gone on long enough!!! Smiley Sad

Most Valued Poster

@gate1975mlm wrote:

Comcast please fix the infobar!!!!

Its been weeks since that started and its driving many of us to distraction. You can tell how interested they are to do something...not a peep out of any Comcast reps to even acknowledge the problem.  I dare you to call them. They will act like this is the first time they have heard about  it. Just like with any call (unless its an outage) they will have you reboot the hard way and then they will refresh your signal and then they will want you to replace your box and/or  send a tech to your house. NONE of which is going to fix the problem since its not a problem with your equipment but they will not recognize that. Its like they have canned speech they have to use so it doesn't matter what you say is wrong. Tell them you just set your stove on fire and I bet they use the same script. I gave up calling. When will they learn that wide spread  problems with X1 features cannot be fixed with a reboot/refresh/tech visit....<sigh>

Silver Problem Solver

Mine doesn't stick after FF while watching a live show or a recorded show.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

Comcast please fix the infobar!!!!

Its been weeks since that started and its driving many of us to distraction. You can tell how interested they are to do something...not a peep out of any Comcast reps to even acknowledge the problem.  I dare you to call them. They will act like this is the first time they have heard about  it. Just like with any call (unless its an outage) they will have you reboot the hard way and then they will refresh your signal and then they will want you to replace your box and/or  send a tech to your house. NONE of which is going to fix the problem since its not a problem with your equipment but they will not recognize that. Its like they have canned speech they have to use so it doesn't matter what you say is wrong. Tell them you just set your stove on fire and I bet they use the same script. I gave up calling. When will they learn that wide spread  problems with X1 features cannot be fixed with a reboot/refresh/tech visit....<sigh>

Totally agree with you about calling comcast.

In my experience it is just about a complete waste of time. All they ever do just like you said is have you reboot your box or ask you if you want a tech to come out. A tech can not fix all these little annoying X1 issues. The Comcast Call center reps are clueless and I know more about the X1 system then they do most of the time.

Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

Mine doesn't stick after FF while watching a live show or a recorded show.

What box do you have?

Silver Problem Solver

I have two XG1-P V1, and two RNG150's.

Regular Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

Ok perhaps maybe the reason yours never gets stuck is because you have the Pace box where as I have the Arris box.

Regular Contributor

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Ok perhaps maybe the reason yours never gets stuck is because you have the Pace box where as I have the Arris box.

I have arris and mine does not stick

Regular Contributor

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Ok then maybe it has something to do with homes having 3 or more DVR's?

All I know is I have been dealing with the progress bar not going away on it's own after for at least the last 2 months or so. It does not happen every time I use fast forward but it does seem to happen often.

Expert

I have an appointment for tomorrow 10-12noon to swap out my pace xg1 dvrs to 6-tuner versions. I can test that point that it might just be for version 1.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

My XG1v3 does not have the sticking issue and I'm on 1.56.02.
Regular Contributor

I have the Pace XG1v3 and 3 Xi3 companion boxes. Do not have any issues with FF and progress bar sticking.
Most Valued Poster

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

I have Arris and it sticks all the time on recordings when using FF. Just got 1.56.02 last night so we shall see if perhaps maybe hopefully they fixed a bug for a change or it went away on its own with the update.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

I have an appointment for tomorrow 10-12noon to swap out my pace xg1 dvrs to 6-tuner versions. I can test that point that it might just be for version 1.

Are they  going to be Arris? Is a new dvr generation that is available for anyone and will the 6 tuners improve the user experience? Inquiring minds want to know

Most Valued Poster

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

All I know is I have been dealing with the progress bar not going away on it's own after for at least the last 2 months or so. It does not happen every time I use fast forward but it does seem to happen often.

I only have one dvr (arris) and it sticks quite often and has for a couple of months.

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

I only have one dvr (arris) and it sticks quite often and has for a couple of months.

Starting to sound like an Arris only issue the more I hear..

Gold Problem Solver

I just checked. None of my three Arris DVRs exhibits this issue...

@scjohnson312 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@gate1975mlm wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Starting to sound like an Arris only issue the more I hear..

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Added another Arris to the list. I've also been having the issue for months. I even saw it this morning when using Page Up as a 30-second skip.

Regular Contributor

Why has not even one Comcast tech checked in yet about the progress bar getting stuck issue?

Most Valued Poster

@gate1975mlm wrote:

Why has not even one Comcast tech checked in yet about the progress bar getting stuck issue?

Have not seen any of them post on any X1 topic lately...hmmmm.

Expert

my 3 pace ver 1 boxes (1 greenie 2 bluies) all have that sticky progress bar.

Expert

nightmare on MY street (sigh).

I previously posted here I was having the version 1 xg1 boxes changed out today by a technician. The appointment has been pending all week. I'm retired at home, etc. and no show no call. I called in and they said the notes say that I agreed to reschedule (a lie of course) at the midpoint of my appointment time (had to verify central time to eastern time logs). The supervisor I was finally transferred to said the technician didn't give a reschedule reason and that the call was not changed but cancelled. The supervisor told me I now have a guaranteed NEW call appointment for 9/9 in the afternoon when I will NOT be available. I was given an expedited dispatch ticket that requires the tech to 'come again' (never came) to my house today by 3:00 pm CT. I was told that by 2:00 I would hear from dispatch that the tech was coming (no such call received and it is now some 25 minutes past that time. I would note that the supervisor (service) did not know of the 6 tuner DVR at all, however did look it up and found the announcement from comcast.

I'll write again when I get more information or a service call.

Regular Contributor

For those who may have missed my post about calling Comcast about problems......

Handy Dandy Comcast Customer Problem Solving Guide

Your X1 box says “DVR service unavailable.” You Should:

1. Call Comcast and waste a few hours.
  2. Make sure the box is plugged in and the coax cable is connected
  3. Reboot the box and hope for the best
  4. Watch a DVD on your blue – ray player.

Your X1 box is stuck on “Connecting to your X1 Experience” message. You should.

Your X1 box says “Unable to tune to channel” when you try to change the channel. You Should:

Your X1 box has an “Unknown Error.” You should

Of course you could engage in more edifying tasks like....

Hitting your head with a Ball peen hammer.

Getting a root canal.

Holding your breath until you win the lottery.

X1Boxy

Twas brillig and the slithy reps did gyre and gimble bout their wabe

all mimsy was my X1 box and the mome remote outgabe.

Have a safe and sane Labor day.

Gold Problem Solver

Or switch over to your OTA antenna... Or streaming media player...
Regular Contributor

you could be right but i stand behind what I have previously said in that if you have x1 then you have x2. I believe x2 is what deployed a lot of the cloud DVR features.  it was the firmware update 2.0 which brought about x2. As stated before, if i am wrong on this, Andrew or another comcast rep can correct me.

my understanding is x1 is the branding and it will continue to be called that and the x2 is just an internal name to differentiate the firmware changes. here is an interesting article which comcast seems to confirm what I have stated:

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/comcast-ramps-x2-rollout/356301

TerriB wrote:

BB...Hey I made you laugh......excellent. Thanks for the correction on the remote nomenclature. I think I actually knew that but I  was spinning in the X1/2/R2/D2 defs and got it wrong. I did hear from one of our most expert members that X1 development is coming to an end as they are spending efforts on  X2.

Regular Contributor

Well, here it is Sunday night and X1 is malfunctioning again. Every command from the remote takes 10 to 30 seconds if it works at all. Just another example of the problems associated with cloud based program routines. I don't pay for service that makes an old dial up connection look fast. I feel like Sigourney Weaver in Ghost Busters II being subjected to all new cheap moves by Bill Murray.

Expert

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Well, here it is Sunday night and X1 is malfunctioning again. Every command from the remote takes 10 to 30 seconds if it works at all. Just another example of the problems associated with cloud based program routines. I don't pay for service that makes an old dial up connection look fast. I feel like Sigourney Weaver in Ghost Busters II being subjected to all new cheap moves by Bill Murray.

if you have a smartphone/tablet use xfinity X1 remote app. It sends your commands via internet to comcast servers bypassing local relay of the requests (box to headend to comcast server in the ethos).  hope that works to get you reliable remote control until local area is fixed.

Silver Problem Solver

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Why wouldn't cloud-based program routines have a system-wide effect?

Maybe they are using servers for each market, so I wouldn't be affected because I am in Houston?

Regular Contributor

1. I don't have a smart phone so that work around is not an option.. Maybe some day they will get around to having apps for my Kindle Fire but I doubt it.

2. When the cloud servers are slow so is everything you try to do. I still maintain that the old pre -X1 boxes were MUCH more reliable because all the software and the objects used by the software were on the box. Like Marie Antionette Comcast just ignores the problems and says "Let them eat cake."

And now as Paul Harvey used to say "The rest of the Story."

The box got so slow it finally locked up on the movie guide and I couldn't reset the box even with the diagnostic menu because the box sat there like some dumb stupid duck, ignoring every command from the remote. I finally had to pull the power plug and hard reboot the box. Twice ! The first reboot got as far as connecting to Live TV and then gave me a black screen. The second reboot finally restored the program I was watching, minus about 12 minutes of viewing time.

I wove a tapestry of profanity to Comcast that even now is floating above Pikes Peak.

We are using X1 and then we will get X2 but we are still a long ways from X infinity  (Xfinity).

Expert

@BeowolfJones wrote:

1. I don't have a smart phone so that work around is not an option.. Maybe some day they will get around to having apps for my Kindle Fire but I doubt it.

2. When the cloud servers are slow so is everything you try to do. I still maintain that the old pre -X1 boxes were MUCH more reliable because all the software and the objects used by the software were on the box. Like Marie Antionette Comcast just ignores the problems and says "Let them eat cake."

The box got so slow it finally locked up on the movie guide and I couldn't reset the box even with the diagnostic menu because the box sat there like some dumb stupid duck, ignoring every command from the remote. I finally had to pull the power plug and hard reboot the box. Twice ! The first reboot got as far as connecting to Live TV and then gave me a black screen. The second reboot finally restored the program I was watching, minus about 12 minutes of viewing time.

I wove a tapestry of profanity to Comcast that even now is floating above Pikes Peak.

We are using X1 and then we will get X2 but we are still a long ways from X infinity  (Xfinity).

wow it sounds like your signal is getting weaker and more degraded. call 877-896-8678 and let them look at your boxes live signal levels to determine if a truck roll is necessary to fix it.

Regular Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

wow it sounds like your signal is getting weaker and more degraded. call 877-896-8678 and let them look at your boxes live signal levels to determine if a truck roll is necessary to fix it.

My system has always had all of the slow problems.  Delayed response, reboots needed every few days, random freezes, blacked out guide listings, uncontrollable rewind, random skips to live when watching buffer, and endless stream of platform glitches.  I've had techs out here maybe 7 times.  They say the signal is fine, that's how the platform is.  Wish I lived whereever you are, X1 is like going back to dial up internet after having DSL for 10 years.

Expert

@tctc wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

My system has always had all of the slow problems.  Delayed response, reboots needed every few days, random freezes, blacked out guide listings, uncontrollable rewind, random skips to live when watching buffer, and endless stream of platform glitches.  I've had techs out here maybe 7 times.  They say the signal is fine, that's how the platform is.  Wish I lived whereever you are, X1 is like going back to dial up internet after having DSL for 10 years.

you need to get the right person(s) out to find out why and fix it. Go backs in a short period of time for same problem count against the tech and the service center as well as for installers. keep calling weekly as necessary until you get world class service in place. It can be fixed. 

Gold Problem Solver

No. That is NOT "how the platform" is.

The problem is your individual connection to the platform.

@tctc wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

Regular Contributor

He's had 7 techs out that say his individual connection to the platform is good, so what's wrong with his individual connection to the platform and what more do you suggest he do to get his individual connection to the platform, that Comcast says is fine, fixed?
Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I took several vacation days during the first couple months of my transition to X1.  After several tries they got the internet working after switching to X1 messed that up, and they worked on some of the lag issues, but said the levels were fine and that's just how it worked.  (Apparently being the first one off the node, or something like that, was causing issues.)

All that with about $80 in credits after missing many days of work and paying over $200 a month for partially working services.  So I basically gave up.

If I can get some time off maybe I'll try again one of these days.

But if the problem is my individual connection, why do so many others on the forums mention the same issues?  Seems to me the average connection, even after having tech visits, just isn't good enough to run the platform smoothly.  And a lucky few end up with the perfect specs, or are in a low traffic area, so end up with a much better experience.

Contributor

Clearly, not everyone is having problems. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, but after installation about a month ago (upgrading my regular comcast anyroom dvr system several years old), my X1 system has worked flawlessly. I have had a few friends switch over to X1 in the last couple of weeks and they report similar service as I am experiencing. 

Regular Contributor

your not alone, i am in the same camp as you.

@sbudaj wrote:

Clearly, not everyone is having problems. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, but after installation about a month ago (upgrading my regular comcast anyroom dvr system several years old), my X1 system has worked flawlessly. I have had a few friends switch over to X1 in the last couple of weeks and they report similar service as I am experiencing. 

Gold Problem Solver

Well let's see here...

I am approaching two years with X1 service. It works great. It's plenty fast. No unplanned reboots. No sluggish remotes. I haven't had a tech here since 10-2013. My internet is running at 125mbps. Life ain't bad with Xfinity... LOL.

But seriously I know why I have had such good luck with my service. Comcast "swept" my neighborhood for bugs about four years ago. My monitor my X1 signals and I know what to look for. My X1 signals (courtesy of my EVO 1-5 U/U amp) are pristine. The Arris X1 DVR remains the best X1 box and I pay extra to have three of them.

In regards to "so many people complaining" we need to remember something here. At one point Comcast was doing 20,000 new X1 installs per month. There are now well over 5 million X1 boxes out there. What we read in this forum is MINOR in comparison to the millions of successful installs out there. The complaints in this forum represent an extremely small (but highly vocal) minority.

X1 works just fine. There is no problem with the platform other than Comcast probably should provide signal checks before X1 is installed...

@tctc wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I took several vacation days during the first couple months of my transition to X1.  After several tries they got the internet working after switching to X1 messed that up, and they worked on some of the lag issues, but said the levels were fine and that's just how it worked.  (Apparently being the first one off the node, or something like that, was causing issues.)

All that with about $80 in credits after missing many days of work and paying over $200 a month for partially working services.  So I basically gave up.

If I can get some time off maybe I'll try again one of these days.

But if the problem is my individual connection, why do so many others on the forums mention the same issues?  Seems to me the average connection, even after having tech visits, just isn't good enough to run the platform smoothly.  And a lucky few end up with the perfect specs, or are in a low traffic area, so end up with a much better experience.

Regular Contributor

Not even Comcast would say there is no problem with the platform. No one would say that about any technology. YOU have no problem with yours. That does not mean no problems exist.
Regular Contributor

brandonbob2376, sbudaj, RickGr4,

You've probably listed it somewhere here before, but if you don't mind, can you please list out your equipment?   (Not the tech specifics, I don't think I should have to know anything about what box I have or what version of anything I have, that's someone else's job.  But just what do you have as far as number of boxes.)

I have 1 DVR and 4 sattelite boxes.  (Northern CA area, although that should also not be relevant.)

I'm curious if maybe folks that have issues have a different ratio of sattelite to main boxes.

RickGR4, I may actually be willing to pay more to get 3 of the DVR boxes, or whatever it takes to get rid of the headaches.  But having to do that to make it work, is not "no problem with the platform".  If the average person has one main box and up to whatever number Comcast says is the limit for sattelite boxes, then the platform should work flawlessy with that configuration as well.