Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

I am not sure why this is so hard to understand. this was already discussed in message 1361-1363 of this thread.

However, and andrew can correct me if I am wrong but comcast labs and beta features like games are slightly different. while they might both reside in comcast labs they are different because the beta of Comcast games REQUIRES the user to apply and opt in to the beta. this and many other questions like it can be answered at the following adrress:

http://www.xfinity.com/xfinitygames 

Hope this helps clarify for you.

@TerriB wrote:

@geek46 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I have the updates I need for the new Games App but it still not showing up. Anything I am supposed to do to see it? I turned it on under Labs yesterday.

Did you sign up for the BETA test here?  :  http://www.xfinity.com/xfinitygames 

Nope did not sign up. They put something in Labs and don't say a word there about having to be a beta tester to use it.  Normally everyone can try whats in the Labs. Makes no sense.

Valued Contributor

Got xre1.55.02 and 2.0.2p11s1

And both of my Xi3 lost pause and rewind !!!! Did I miss something ???
Expert
Moved:

Flaming posts removed to help prevent further topic degradation.

Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

Strotti -- Pull the power plug out on your main DVR and both Xi3 boxes. Plug back in the power for the Main DVR only. Once it goes through the setup and you see your channels then plug in the remaining Xi3s. You should be good to go after that.
Official Employee

You do not have to sign up at the website to use the new xfinity games app.. If the app is on your apps menu you are in the free beta.. Just follow the on screen guide instructions to pair your mobile device.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

thanks chad! good to know!

@ComcastChad wrote:
You do not have to sign up at the website to use the new xfinity games app.. If the app is on your apps menu you are in the free beta.. Just follow the on screen guide instructions to pair your mobile device.

Expert
Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

Just got XRE server version  1.55.02 and STB version  2.02p12s1 Don't notice anything unusual. Come on Folks this is a forum to HELP people or air problems, so when you respond to a persons post...

Be less like this

:

CB1.png

and more like this:

CB2.png

It's the Nyahs that get me.

Fine print(This in no way should be construed as implying that I won't hold Comcast's feet to the fire if they deploy another Bone headed so called upgrade that is instead a downgrade or the remote starts taking 4 or 5 seconds to get a response from the box.)

Regular Contributor

two things I noticed with 1.55.02 is the last button is much quicker on response time and NFL has been added to the sports app. thanks comcast for this!

Official Employee

1.55 features include

§ Updated X1 DVR to continue recording live sporting events (Auto Extend) when you reach overtime or extra innings
§ Added an Auto option for Closed Captioning, which allows users to receive the style that the programmer chose for a program
§ Updated the Pay Per View action bar and Watch/Subscribe flows for accuracy
§ Updated the Help menu in Settings to include a Restart option, Remote Setup, X1 Tips and Tricks and more
§ Updated the X1 Sports app, so that when tuning to a sporting event, the user will see a notification informing them of the Sports app, even if that event is part of a series such as the NBA Playoffs or Sunday Night Football
§ Comcast Labs:
§ Updated Sports Play-by-Play (DVR In-Game Highlights) to allow users to jump to important plays in a recorded sporting event
§ Added XFINITY Games, so users can play Electronic Arts (EA) games (teams are investigating why the games app is not being populated on the app menu)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

chad? does this feature happen automatically or does it need to be enabled? also, will it work for NASCAR?

@ComcastChad wrote:
1.55 features include

§ Updated X1 DVR to continue recording live sporting events (Auto Extend) when you reach overtime or extra innings

Official Employee

chad? does this feature happen automatically or does it need to be enabled? also, will it work for NASCAR

Yes it's automatic and it's there for NASCAR

Problem Solver

Thanks Chad!

Just got 1.55.05 07/30/2015.. Hopefully the bugs have been squashed!
Contributor

Is this the correct answer? My pause also stopped working on the companion boxes. 

Thanks. 

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone,

Please see below for customer facing updates that are coming in August:

Sports Enhancements and Troubleshooting Made Simple - please not that, at this time, the DVR Play by Play feature only supports certain sports in certain markets.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi everyone,

Sports Enhancements and Troubleshooting Made Simple - please not that, at this time, the DVR Play by Play feature only supports certain sports in certain markets.

Gwen,

How nice that Comcast seems to be focusing on improving all things sports, but how about giving people the feature they -- well, me anyway -- really want to improve their watching of sports (as well as other things), true slo-mo and frame-by-frame advance????

We had it before, and we want it back!!!

Most Valued Poster

Beowulf: Check your PMs. I am afraid to say anything here as everything I say is considered flaming and I have not flamed.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi everyone,

Personally, I love these enhancements. Thanks so much Gwen!

Regular Contributor

@rjc1247 wrote:

@ComcastGwen wrote:

Hi everyone,

Gwen,

How nice that Comcast seems to be focusing on improving all things sports, but how about giving people the feature they -- well, me anyway -- really want to improve their watching of sports (as well as other things), true slo-mo and frame-by-frame advance????

We had it before, and we want it back!!!

That would be great, a true sports viewing improvement.

The app stuff is all fluff and I can get that data other ways.

New Poster

was i lied to about a reminder feature being added to the x1 platform,super missed since the last box.

Silver Problem Solver

@vitki2 wrote:

was i lied to about a reminder feature being added to the x1 platform,super missed since the last box.

There is no ETA for reminders.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Sports app:

• Added NFL Extras, a visual representation of pregame, in-game and postgame statistics and infographics
  • Added support for professional soccer (Premier League, MLS, La Liga and Liga MX)
  • Updated the scoreboard infrastructure and fixed bugs, including an overlapping tile issue and missing Extras
  • My Account app
    • Received minor user interface upgrades
  • Voicemail app
    • Now available on RNG150 set-top boxes

Regular Contributor

ComcastAndrew wrote:

Sports app:

• Added NFL Extras, a visual representation of pregame, in-game and postgame statistics and infographics
  • Added support for professional soccer (Premier League, MLS, La Liga and Liga MX)
  • Updated the scoreboard infrastructure and fixed bugs, including an overlapping tile issue and missing Extras
  • My Account app
    • Received minor user interface upgrades
  • Voicemail app
    • Now available on RNG150 set-top boxes

Hey Andrew,

Any info on the return of frame-by-frame advance?

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Auto Extend still doesn't work - Astros Athletics game ended after 3 hours in the 9th inning.  Game went into the 10th inning.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

when I set up my series recording for NASCAR it was an option that had to be enabled. Did you chose this option when you recorded it? It is on the record options page under the setting for "stop recording". I think the options were like 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hour and auto extend.

it also has that same info on this website:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/new-this-month-on-x1-elevating-sports-programming-and-si...

here is a quote from that page:

"When scheduling a recording for a "Live" event, the "Auto Extend" option will be available on programs that support the feature."

@RobertWy wrote:

Auto Extend still doesn't work - Astros Athletics game ended after 3 hours in the 9th inning.  Game went into the 10th inning.

Silver Problem Solver

Yes, I selected Auto-Extend.

Regular Contributor

Same here...set the Red Sox vs Tigers game to record and auto extend, and it shut off after the original 3 hours without extending.

Luckily I was watching live to see if it worked, since the game was only in the 8th inning. Time to go back to the drawing board and test more, since it just doesn't work.
Contributor

I got 155.05 yesterday and back to 1.55.02 today. Something must have been wrong.

Gold Problem Solver

Auto extend appears to be working properly for me now.

Guide versions will bounce around. We have no control over guide versions.

@GarrettA wrote:

I got 155.05 yesterday and back to 1.55.02 today. Something must have been wrong.

Contributor

Back to 155.05 today. It's like cable ping pong.

Regular Contributor

I just got 2.02p13s1 07/30/2015 late last night!

Don't see anything new and all the bugs I am dealing with are still not fixed! Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Just Got 1.55.05 and 2.02p13s1 but had to use the diagnostic menu box reboot to fix the display. For informational purposes if the nightly reboot doesn't work right you will see a  angle bracket in the left corner of the time display. This is an indication that something didn't work right with the box and that the box should be rebooted.

For those who don't know/forget how to access the diagnostic menu:

1. Press and hold "Exit" for 5 sec's.

2. Press the "Down" arrow twice.

3. Press "2".

The menu has a reboot choice. This is preferable to having to "Pull the Plug" on the box.

In 7 years I never lost my Unix operating system once. I wish I could say the the same for Windows OS's or my X1 box.

Sometimes I wish Claudia Donovan could come to my house and shoot my X1 box with a Goonade. Maybe if I zapped it a few times with my Tesla ......

The way the X1 programmers are acting I'm beginning to suspect they are being affected by an Artifact.

Regular Contributor

Not sure if you meant that you could not access the regular menu and had no choice but to go to the diag screen, but you can also restart now under Settings/Help (it used to be under Settings/Device/Poewr or something).

Regular Contributor

@lightstorm22 wrote:

Not sure if you meant that you could not access the regular menu and had no choice but to go to the diag screen, but you can also restart now under Settings/Help (it used to be under Settings/Device/Poewr or something).

I know about the restart in the menu but you are correct in that I just had the box lock up and stop responding on the Movie guide. Oddly, the diagnostic menu could still be accessed and could reboot out of the lock up that way.

Another upgrade that has problems.  So nothing else is new. For Now ......

Frequent Visitor

The latest updates are absolutely horrible. I'm experiencing terrible delay with just about every function.

Problem Solver

1.55.06 and FW 2.1.0 are here!!

Problem Solver

B button guide black issue is fixed...
Regular Contributor

@scjohnson312 wrote:
B button guide black issue is fixed...

Great news Smiley Happy

Also do you notice any improvements in speed? I am asking because the whole X1 UI has been very sluggish the last few weeks.

Problem Solver

Speed here has been generally very good, not sure I can give you any news there..

The versioning scheme seems to have changed. I have PX013AN_2.1s12_PROD_HYBse
Regular Contributor

I also have noticed some slowness off and on while attempting various functions. With so many functions being on the cloud the servers are most likely the culprit for the slow response. Just for grins has anyone kept track of the number of versions released since the inception of the X1 platform ?  It must be a large number. Actually calling them "Versions" is somewhat of a misnomer. "Patches" would be more appropriate.

Yesterday that Dawned so fair.

My X1 box just wasn't there

It wasn't there again today

Oh how I wish it'd work to stay.

Ogden Knish

Regular Contributor

My DVR is still on PX013AN_2.0.2p12s1_PROD_HYBse. I've rebooted and nothing newer loads.

When are updates installed? Is it a push to the box or does the box pull a newer version if available during any reboot?
Regular Contributor

@SkyhawkDriver wrote:
My DVR is still on PX013AN_2.0.2p12s1_PROD_HYBse. I've rebooted and nothing newer loads.

When are updates installed? Is it a push to the box or does the box pull a newer version if available during any reboot?

Unfortunately not everyone gets the updates at the same time as I think it's an area by area thing.

For whatever reason "scjhonson312" seems to live in an area that always gets these software updates before anyone else Smiley Happy lol

None of my 3 Arris MX011ANM DVR's have received the latest updates 1.55.06 and FW 2.1.0 as of yet and I even sometimes restart my boxes several times a day hoping for the latest update. I will say that most of the time I do seem to get the new updates late at night.

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I also have noticed some slowness off and on while attempting various functions. With so many functions being on the cloud the servers are most likely the culprit for the slow response. Just for grins has anyone kept track of the number of versions released since the inception of the X1 platform ?  It must be a large number. Actually calling them "Versions" is somewhat of a misnomer. "Patches" would be more appropriate.

Yesterday that Dawned so fair.

My X1 box just wasn't there

It wasn't there again today

Oh how I wish it'd work to stay.

Ogden Knish

LOVE THE POEM! Voice remote search did not work properly for 3 days. Pressed the mic and it did nothing so kept pressing it. 10 minutes later it kept popping up  so that was quite a delay. Seems ok now but who knows!  I don't have the latest 'patch'...that is a great word instead of version.

Silver Problem Solver

Terri,

Comcast had an outage with their voice servers.  It took several tries before they got it fixed.

Regular Contributor

No new firmware on my X1 DVR, but "auto extend" live MLB games appears to now be working.

It does appear that the server version is now 1.55.06, so not sure if that's the difference.
Frequent Visitor

Following your insructions ( I just Got 1.55.06 and 2.02p13s1 just now.

Just Got 1.55.05 and 2.02p13s1 but had to use the diagnostic menu box reboot to fix the display. For informational purposes if the nightly reboot doesn't work right you will see a  angle bracket in the left corner of the time display. This is an indication that something didn't work right with the box and that the box should be rebooted.

3. Press "2".

The menu has a reboot choice. This is preferable to having to "Pull the Plug" on the box.

Silver Problem Solver

@Taij wrote:

Following your insructions ( I just Got 1.55.06 and 2.02p13s1 just now.

3. Press "2".

The Settings (gear icon) has a reboot option also.

Regular Contributor

When you say "an angle bracket in the left corner of the time display"...what do you mean? Can you post a pic?

Are you referring to something next to the clock on the front of the box?