Community Forum

Upcoming X1 Updates

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates

@RobertWy wrote:

http://www.cedmagazine.com/articles/2012/07/built-for-speed-comcast-rdk

wow, thanks, I really enjoyed this article. gave me some insight on some of the finer points. Thanks for sharing Robert!

p.s. as an aside. I changed back the subject of this thread to "upcoming X1 updates". somehow, it got changed to "upcoming X1 updates - titles". I don't think that was intended so in keeping this thread with what it is about, I changed the title back for yall!

Expert

X1 Updates

FWIW, I forced a restart of both of my XG1-A's yesterday evening and was surprised to see an update come down to both of them...  I am now running FW 2.0p13s1 with XRE 150.05 on both DVR's.....

-=Ray=-

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

Re: X1 Updates

@geek46 wrote:

FWIW, I forced a restart of both of my XG1-A's yesterday evening and was surprised to see an update come down to both of them...  I am now running FW 2.0p13s1 with XRE 150.05 on both DVR's.....

-=Ray=-

Got update last night but as usual have no idea what changes they made. We have not had a list of whats new/changed for  a long time. Same ole issues are still lurking so why do they bother to update?

Silver Problem Solver

Who knows?  All we can do is speculate.  Maybe there are issues/bugs that never get reported on this board?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

I dunno gang. All three of my Arris DVRs are now on 2.0p13 and connecting to XRE 1.50.08.

Earlier this morning I ran two of my three DVRs through their paces. Recordings. On Demand. I see no bugs worth mentioning (other than the ongoing complaints about features). TVs are sticking to 1080p (mine always have). Audio is sticking to where I set it.

Things seem pretty fast, solid and stable... Color tiles and icons have never loaded faster...

Knock on wood I guess...

@RobertWy wrote:

Who knows?  All we can do is speculate.  Maybe there are issues/bugs that never get reported on this board?

Silver Problem Solver

Rick,

My bedroom DVR (w/o a/v receiver) acted up last night.  My wife finished watching a recording and the DVR displayed the prompt to delete or not delete the recording.  She chose delete and both the picture and the sound went away.  The only way we could get back in was to unplug/plug the DVR power connection.  I don't know which software/firmware it was on.

This morning, it is on 1.50.08 and 2.0p12s1.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 Updates - odd behavior

I'm on 1.50.05 and 2.0p13s1 and had a odd experience last night. I had just finished setting a recording using the guide and when I pressed "Exit" to return to the show I was watching all I got was a black screen with sound from the show. I have experienced slow response in the past so I waited but almost a minute later it was still stuck. I pressed "Exit" a bunch of times but nothing happened.

At this point I was curious to see if the on screen diagnostic menu would work so I pressed "Exit" for 5 seconds, the "Down Arrow" twice, and then "2". Sure enough the diagnostics and signal menu came up. I thought this would clear the problem so I hit "Exit" only to return to a black screen with sound.

I had noticed that the diagnostic menu had a "Reboot Box" menu selection and decided to try it out. I selected it and pressed "OK" for 5 seconds as instructed and sure enough the box began it's reboot sequence. The picture and sound came back after the usual sloooooow reboot process.

Now here's the odd part. I was watching my show again  for about 5 minutes when the box suddenly rebooted on it's own. Grrrrr ! After another long wait it was functioning again and worked normally for the rest of the evening.

Anyone else ever try this sequence ? 

BJ

Gold Problem Solver

Robert,

I have said this before and I seem to get ignored when I say it:

1. X1 problems can be regional/local. Not all of them are national. I have not experienced many of the recently discussed issues.

2. Comcast makes changes to X1 without changing version numbers and version dates. I think version information should be trusted but with some degree of caution...

@RobertWy wrote:

Rick,

My bedroom DVR (w/o a/v receiver) acted up last night.  My wife finished watching a recording and the DVR displayed the prompt to delete or not delete the recording.  She chose delete and both the picture and the sound went away.  The only way we could get back in was to unplug/plug the DVR power connection.  I don't know which software/firmware it was on.

Expert

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I'm on 1.50.05 and 2.0p13s1 and had a odd experience last night. I had just finished setting a recording using the guide and when I pressed "Exit" to return to the show I was watching all I got was a black screen with sound from the show. I have experienced slow response in the past so I waited but almost a minute later it was still stuck. I pressed "Exit" a bunch of times but nothing happened.

At this point I was curious to see if the on screen diagnostic menu would work so I pressed "Exit" for 5 seconds, the "Down Arrow" twice, and then "2". Sure enough the diagnostics and signal menu came up. I thought this would clear the problem so I hit "Exit" only to return to a black screen with sound.

I had noticed that the diagnostic menu had a "Reboot Box" menu selection and decided to try it out. I selected it and pressed "OK" for 5 seconds as instructed and sure enough the box began it's reboot sequence. The picture and sound came back after the usual sloooooow reboot process.

Now here's the odd part. I was watching my show again  for about 5 minutes when the box suddenly rebooted on it's own. Grrrrr ! After another long wait it was functioning again and worked normally for the rest of the evening.

BJ

The same thing happened to me last night as well....  very strange!!!!   Was on the bedroom XG1-A though....

-=Ray=-

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

BW,

I wish I could verify this for you but I haven't seen it. I think I was watching a recording of The Blacklist once and the DVR was slow to exit. I do not recall needing to intervene. I have not noticed it again...

@BeowolfJones wrote:

BJ

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

@RickGr4 wrote:

Robert,

1. X1 problems can be regional/local. Not all of them are national. I have not experienced many of the recently discussed issues.

2. Comcast makes changes to X1 with changing version numbers and version dates. I think version information should be trusted but with some degree of caution...

@RobertWy wrote:

Rick,

I have to agree with Rick on item 1 - my system has been very stable and user-friendly since the upgrade to 2.0.  Currently on 1.50.08 and 2.0p12s1.

Regarding the upgrades - my XRE updates always appear first on 1 of my 3 X1's - and then 3 days later on the other 2.  Always been this way.  You would think that since they're networked - and are rebooted nightly in the wee hours of the morning - that they would all update at the same time.  Anyone have an idea as to why it's always 1 of the 3 rather than all three at once.? 

Gold Problem Solver

Jim,

Long ago Andrew said updates went out by box number. But that doesn't mean that they go out in any sort of predictable order. I suspect they go out on a "by the batch, by the market, by the box number" basis.

I doubt we will know for sure unless Neal, Teds, Brandon or Chad want to add any additional details to this puzzle...

Jim, I would have thought you would be a Ravens fan...

@manamok wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

Robert,

2. Comcast makes changes to X1 with changing version numbers and version dates. I think version information should be trusted but with some degree of caution...

@RobertWy wrote:

Rick,

I have to agree with Rick on item 1 - my system has been very stable and user-friendly since the upgrade to 2.0.  Currently on 1.50.08 and 2.0p12s1.

Regarding the upgrades - my XRE updates always appear first on 1 of my 3 X1's - and then 3 days later on the other 2.  Always been this way.  You would think that since they're networked - and are rebooted nightly in the wee hours of the morning - that they would all update at the same time.  Anyone have an idea as to why it's always 1 of the 3 rather than all three at once.? 

Bronze Problem Solver

@RickGr4 wrote:

Jim,

Long ago Andrew said updates went out by box number. But that doesn't mean that they go out in any sort of predictable order. I suspect they go out on a "by the batch, by the market, by the box number" basis.

I doubt we will know for sure unless Neal, Teds, Brandon or Chad want to add any additional details to this puzzle...

Jim, I would have thought you would be a Ravens fan...

Born in NY - moved to MA - ergo - born a NY Giants fan - became a NE Patriots fan.  Only room for one avatar.  I guess I'll have to change it occasionally to show support for both teams.

Expert

for black screen with audio after delete of an asset being watched, hit the xFinity button (and again if first touch didn't clear the black screen).

Most Valued Poster

Where are our usually supportive Comcast guys? Need to hear whats new in the latest releases and are we going to ever get rid of the dark screen issue and slooooooo to delete issue.

Can anyone explain to me why sometimes when I delete a recording the screen goes right back to the recordings list and sometimes not.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - New X1 Glitch (for Me)

I thought I'd seen most of the irritating stuff the X1 platform comes up with but I was wrong. I was watching a prerecorded show on the Box (Arris 1.50.05  2.0p13s1) and stopped the video to chat with a friend. When I went to resume the show was way ahead of where it left off. In fact about the same amount of time I was on the phone. Almost like the video continued to play while I was busy.

I rewound it ti where it should have restarted and started watching it again. Curious, I decided to stop it and hit resume. Sure enough the video was way ahead of where it stopped and I would estimate about where it would be if it had never been stopped. I suppose if I reboot the box it will start working normally but I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

Another irritating X1 glitch that shouldn't happen.   EVER !!!

There, now I feel better.

Time for another Game of Wack - a - Mole.

BJ

Most Valued Poster

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - New X1 Glitch (for Me)

@BeowolfJones wrote:

I thought I'd seen most of the irritating stuff the X1 platform comes up with but I was wrong. I was watching a prerecorded show on the Box (Arris 1.50.05  2.0p13s1) and stopped the video to chat with a friend. When I went to resume the show was way ahead of where it left off. In fact about the same amount of time I was on the phone. Almost like the video continued to play while I was busy.

I rewound it ti where it should have restarted and started watching it again. Curious, I decided to stop it and hit resume. Sure enough the video was way ahead of where it stopped and I would estimate about where it would be if it had never been stopped. I suppose if I reboot the box it will start working normally but I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO.

BJ

BJ....Thanks so much for sharing .I will watch out for  that. Using the DVR has indeed become Whack a Mole these days...I love that analogy you made.

Regular Contributor

Re: Upcoming X1 Updates - New X1 Glitch (for Me) Update 03/26/2015

@TerriB wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

BJ

BJ....Thanks so much for sharing .I will watch out for  that. Using the DVR has indeed become Whack a Mole these days...I love that analogy you made.

Thanks, TerriB

Now as Paul Harvey used to say "The rest of the Story". The video I was watching continued to advance each time I tested it by exiting and restarting it as if it never stopped playing until if finally reaced the end of the video. At this point it finally began to react normally and would resume at the point of exit.

Since the box has multiple tuners and the ability to record more than one show at a time it also has to have multiple read/write heads for the internal hard drive. Now my question is did the head in the box continue to read the video in question even after "Exit" was pressed or was the phenomenon due to a server side glitch where the server software was the culprit ? At one time or another everyone has got a "DVR Service Unavailable" message because the box MUST COMMUNICATE with Comcast servers to function. I have stated and ONE MORE TIME this is a bad design paradigm and we are all victims of this software design choice.

The pre - X1 boxes worked fine for a DVR'd show even when Comcast  was down. I am curious  to know if  this design is by necessity or choice.

Necessity: The Box dosen't have the resources to accomplish the Task of X1 stand alone. Not enough memory etc.

Choice:  Moe Larry and Curly programmed X1.. Spread out ! Smack ! Nyuck ! Nyuck ! Nyuck !

If you don't want people to make jokes about your product, make sure your product isn't a joke.

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@BeowolfJones wrote:

BJ

Thanks, TerriB

Now as Paul Harvey used to say "The rest of the Story". The video I was watching continued to advance each time I tested it by exiting and restarting it as if it never stopped playing until if finally reaced the end of the video. At this point it finally began to react normally and would resume at the point of exit.

Since the box has multiple tuners and the ability to record more than one show at a time it also has to have multiple read/write heads for the internal hard drive. Now my question is did the head in the box continue to read the video in question even after "Exit" was pressed or was the phenomenon due to a server side glitch where the server software was the culprit ? At one time or another everyone has got a "DVR Service Unavailable" message because the box MUST COMMUNICATE with Comcast servers to function. I have stated and ONE MORE TIME this is a bad design paradigm and we are all victims of this software design choice.

The pre - X1 boxes worked fine for a DVR'd show even when Comcast  was down. I am curious  to know if  this design is by necessity or choice.

Necessity: The Box dosen't have the resources to accomplish the Task of X1 stand alone. Not enough memory etc.

Choice:  Moe Larry and Curly programmed X1.. Spread out ! Smack ! Nyuck ! Nyuck ! Nyuck !

If you don't want people to make jokes about your product, make sure your product isn't a joke.

Lets hope it was a server hiccup. Nu Nu Nu Nu....you must have thought you were in the Twilight Zone. I would have been throwing things like I wanted to do when the recorded or scheduled list rolled like a slot machine and stopped where it darn well wanted to and NOT where I wanted it to stop. And it never 'paid off' either.

Ok Paul Harvey...lets go with 'choice'. I get 'DVR service unavailable' and/or something like 'DVR is having a problem =(should say hissy fit) when there is absolutely nothing wrong.

Regular Contributor

It's by choice. The joys of the cloud! It gets some resource intensive processes off the box and let's them develop new features faster. It never said anything about them working though.

Regular Contributor

I would think it is neccessity.
Problem Solver

Anything new of note in 1.51?

Regular Contributor

I didn't know there was a 1.51 yet.

Diamond Problem Solver

Yes, a few things...

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:

Yes, a few things...

A few things changed...wow, thanks for being so informative. Really appreciate it. If you're going to reply with a nonsense answer like that, why even bother replying?

Would you like to share the changes with us? Most of us would assume SOMETHING changed when the version number changes. I think most of us would like to know what was added, removed or fixed. Is that too much to ask of comcast? I know, it's best to keep customers in the dark that way we don't have any expectations.

In comcast case, what else did the programmers, Larry, Moe and curly break?

Btw... the little pip image that used to show up in the bottom right corner when the B button was pressed no longer appears.

Is this by design or did the idiots remove another decent feature?

EDIT...

Found out its a bug... if the background image is anything other than default it disables the pip tv. Changing it back to default, black, enables the little tv pip again. Another user mentioned the bug in another thread so I started poking around a bit.

Frequent Visitor

Work around for the little PIP by hitting the B button

1. Set back ground to default (black)

2. Exit

3. Hit B button - PIP shows up,

4. Set back ground to desired pitcute.

5. PIP will always be on while in the menus.

Diamond Problem Solver

Would you like to share the changes with us? Most of us would assume SOMETHING changed when the version number changes. I think most of us would like to know what was added, removed or fixed. Is that too much to ask of comcast? I know, it's best to keep customers in the dark that way we don't have any expectations.

Updates are commonly added and removed and re-added, when the updates are in final release is the proper time to disclose the information. Stay tuned.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Thanks Andrew
Most Valued Poster

@CCAndrew wrote:

Updates are commonly added and removed and re-added, when the updates are in final release is the proper time to disclose the information. Stay tuned.

Andrew....what is considered an update's  'final release' and what makes the updates we see 'not' final?  Please 'splain !

Regular Contributor

TerriB, All updates so far are test releases, you are a tester, had you not been notified?  Final release expected sometime in 2018.

Regular Contributor

@lightstorm22 wrote:

I didn't know either. I just got 1.50.08 sometime in the last few days. I've stopped monitoring the update versions unless I see something odd in the boxes behavior, then I check the version. So far, no version seems to fix everything. We never see the server side program modifications anyway.

"Duh Vee R service unavailable".

"And now, direct from out of the wasteland. He's bad, He's beautiful. It's the X1 problem with no name. Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,  malfunction time's here. Get to your X1 box and use it any way you can. I know you won't break the rules, there aren't any.

Problem Solver

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@lightstorm22 wrote:

I didn't know either. I just got 1.50.08 sometime in the last few days. I've stopped monitoring the update versions unless I see something odd in the boxes behavior, then I check the version. So far, no version seems to fix everything. We never see the server side program modifications anyway.

"Duh Vee R service unavailable".

"And now, direct from out of the wasteland. He's bad, He's beautiful. It's the X1 problem with no name. Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,  malfunction time's here. Get to your X1 box and use it any way you can. I know you won't break the rules, there aren't any.

Seen here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/B-bottom-not-working-anymore/m-p/2500213/highlight/true#M65172

Regular Contributor

I was joking. But at the current rate of new bugs to fixes, there will never be a stable release.

I'd be willing to pay a lot of money every month to just be able to do what I used to be able to do with the old DVR.  Oh wait, I already do pay a lot every month...

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

TerriB, All updates so far are test releases, you are a tester, had you not been notified?  Final release expected sometime in 2018.

tctc, I guess I am not smart enough to be a tester. Having said that it might be wise of Comcast to have some testers that are not super geeks with theater size tvs,  lots of dvrs, high end audio , gaming ,etc. Hows about some regular folks who use X1 daily ? In my defense I have uncovered my share of bugs/glitches that apparently were not found by the testers who might be looking too deep to find the things that irritate the heck out of we normal folks who spend a lot of money and time on X1. I have plenty of time on my hands to test stuff.

Was that a typo of 2018 for final release? OMG. So we won't get any words on whats in these updates until 2018 per Andrew saying we would get 'whats new' AFTER final release? HOLY CR**

This forum should be required reading for the X1 developers. I learned long ago that I wasn't able to anticipate what users would do with my software to break it. I guess I was too close to the programming to see it's possible defects. Writing software that allows human interaction is the hardest type of programming there is. You never know what the user will decide to do with it. Well,  here we are,  "the users of X1" trying to get out the information of what we have found to who ? I have yet to see one manager or programmer respond to us. There are some very astute people on this forum and it is a terrible waste of valid input when our concerns are ignored by the people that have the ability to make changes to X1 and improve it.

R * E * S* P* E* C* T ! sing it Aretha......

Most Valued Poster

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

tctc, I guess I am not smart enough to be a tester. Having said that it might be wise of Comcast to have some testers that are not super geeks with theater size tvs,  lots of dvrs, high end audio , gaming ,etc. Hows about some regular folks who use X1 daily ? In my defense I have uncovered my share of bugs/glitches that apparently were not found by the testers who might be looking too deep to find the things that irritate the heck out of we normal folks who spend a lot of money and time on X1. I have plenty of time on my hands to test stuff.

Was that a typo of 2018 for final release? OMG. So we won't get any words on whats in these updates until 2018 per Andrew saying we would get 'whats new' AFTER final release? HOLY CR**

This forum should be required reading for the X1 developers. I learned long ago that I wasn't able to anticipate what users would do with my software to break it. I guess I was too close to the programming to see it's possible defects. Writing software that allows human interaction is the hardest type of programming there is. You never know what the user will decide to do with it. Well,  here we are,  "the users of X1" trying to get out the information of what we have found to who ? I have yet to see one manager or programmer respond to us. There are some very astute people on this forum and it is a terrible waste of valid input when our concerns are ignored by the people that have the ability to make changes to X1 and improve it.

R * E * S* P* E* C* T ! sing it Aretha......

You are so right on the money on this one. Look what we have found by just being X1 customers and yet they add bells and whistles and remove good stuff and don't fix broken processes.  Speaking of dummass changes.......Been on the sports app using 'c' button lately...OMG...what a travesty that  has become; totally completely useless and there is a thread devoted to it.

And to continue with Aretha and R E S P E C T.....hey Comcast...."find out what it means to me"

Expert

FYI-

@ 0341 this morning while getting ready for work, noticed an update being sent to XG1-A in the Living Room....(status of downloads showing in clock window and then a PASS when all was done)   Might be the update we were waiting on....   Anyone else notice something?

-=Ray=-

Most Valued Poster

@geek46 wrote:

FYI-

@ 0341 this morning while getting ready for work, noticed an update being sent to XG1-A in the Living Room....(status of downloads showing in clock window and then a PASS when all was done)   Might be the update we were waiting on....   Anyone else notice something?

-=Ray=-

Still sitting on 3/19 update here in Virginia

Expert

It's officially 2.0p14s1   someone else just posted that they received it in another thread....

-=Ray=-

Silver Problem Solver

New version today:

2.0p14s2 Mar 31 2015

XRE 1.51.04 03/30/2015

Sure wish we would get an explanation of what changed.

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

New version today:

2.0p14s2 Mar 31 2015

XRE 1.51.04 03/30/2015

Robert,

So much DIFFERING systems across the markets of Comcastic....  This AM I get 2.0p14s1 and think I am set, only to find you have S2 and your XRE is 1.51.04....

Sadly, I am still 1.50.05....  

Me thinks the XRE SERVER version MUST BE UPDATED before the boxes XRE can be upgraded....  just makes network sense.  ALso explains why some markets are way out front in some updates and other markets lag behind...

-=Ray=-

Most Valued Poster

@geek46 wrote:

It's officially 2.0p14s1   someone else just posted that they received it in another thread....

-=Ray=-

Native version is still 2.0 here

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@geek46 wrote:

-=Ray=-

Native version is still 2.0 here

Still the same old 1.50.05 here. Oh, how I long for the days when I could care less about what software version the box was on. Why ? Because the system worked all the time and maybe had to be reset two or three times in as many years.

"The new software has been released and it's full of bugs as you requested. "Good !" they'll be purchasing upgrades for years ! "

Media mogul Elliot Carver (Jonathan Pryce) in the James Bond Film "Tomorrow Never Dies."

Regular Contributor

still 1.50.08, 03/19/2015

Native version 2.0.0

Silver Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

New version today:

2.0p14s2 Mar 31 2015

XRE 1.51.04 03/30/2015

My Receiver Native Version is also 2.0.0.  But my STB Version is  2.0p14s2 Mar 31 2015.

The Receiver and STB are the same thing.

Expert

1.51.04 fw 2..p12

only new thing i can find is Gear>>Preferences>>General>>scrolling text (new) was already on.

in testing tried hitting 'right' from live tv and scrolling through channel listings. when one title is too wide and you highlight the line, the 'too long' title does a sideways one-time scroll so you can see end of line. Same for Search results. Try searching for 2388 and highlight tyler perry's for better or worse (I realize you can read it all before highlight makes the font larger).

Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:

Since 1.51 is now on my box, I'd like to know what has changed. I'm assuming that it is in final release since Comcast connected my box to it. I know comcast wouldn't give us software that wasn't in final release because that would mean comcast is having us beta test software without telling us and asking our permission. 

At no time have I agreed to be a beta tester for comcast so I expect every update that is pushed to my box to be in its FINAL RELEASE. If it's not them I'll charge comcast for my time and effort in beta testing their software.

So please Andrew, please tell us what had changed in the final release of 1.51. Thanks in advance for keeping us informed.

Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:

Since 1.51 is now on my box, I'd like to know what has changed. I'm assuming that it is in final release since Comcast connected my box to it. I know comcast wouldn't give us software that wasn't in final release because that would mean comcast is having us beta test software without telling us and asking our permission. 

At no time have I agreed to be a beta tester for comcast so I expect every update that is pushed to my box to be in its FINAL RELEASE. 

So please ComcastAndrew, tell us what had changed in the final release of 1.51. Thanks in advance for keeping us informed.

Silver Problem Solver

I don't think there is any such thing as a "Final Release" with Comcast.  Each change is an incremental change that sometimes has new features added or existing features changed (the Sports App).

I think the software/firmware will always be subject to change.

But I sure wish Comcast would tell us what has changed, at least on a monthly basis.

The last update was February 2015.

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast Neal has told us that one of the strengths of the X1 platform is their ability to make changes (updates) to the platform within days or weeks, not months or years. Updates that happen within weeks with X1 could take months or years with the legacy platforms.

With 4K UHD and 4K SUHD TVs already coming out along with HDMI 2.0 coming soon as well, I HIGHLY doubt the pace of updates to X1 devices is going to slow down. In fact, I could see it increasing. Also with X2 boxes on the horizon, the current X1 boxes could be headed for a MAJOR batch of changes.

Mangs, Robert is right. There will NEVER be a final version. The cycle of continuous updates to X1 devices is going to continue if not escalate...

Regular Contributor

@RickGr4 wrote:

Comcast Neal has told us that one of the strengths of the X1 platform is their ability to make changes (updates) to the platform within days or weeks, not months or years. Updates that happen within weeks with X1 could take months or years with the legacy platforms.

With 4K UHD and 4K SUHD TVs already coming out along with HDMI 2.0 coming soon as well, I HIGHLY doubt the pace of updates to X1 devices is going to slow down. In fact, I could see it increasing. Also with X2 boxes on the horizon, the current X1 boxes could be headed for a MAJOR batch of changes.

Mangs, Robert is right. There will NEVER be a final version. The cycle of continuous updates to X1 devices is going to continue if not escalate...

Dosen't change that fact that Comcast should tell us what's different in each of these updates!