Community Forum

Underground Cable

New Poster

Underground Cable

Can I set up my TV/Internet devices and start enjoing service before my new underground cable job is complete? (Temporary cable line was not placed)
Official Employee

Re: Underground Cable

You may just need a touch more explanation. Do you know if you have a live cable signal? You can’t enjoy anything without it..

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I was told that underground work needs to be done because either there has never been comcast service at my address or cables are damaged. I hooked up one of my boxes to wall jack and to tv and I get a message on the tv that says “ one moment please this channel should be available shortly Ref Code S0a00”.
Official Employee

Have you made an appointment to have an install done? Nothing will or can work without a live coax signal.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Garcia82. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. If you are still experiencing the error message on your cable box, or if your service has not yet begun, I can help schedule a technician visit. If needed, Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.