Community Forum

Unable to see over 26 channels

New Poster

Unable to see over 26 channels

I cannot view the following stations — 821, 822, 823, 825, 830, 832, 833, 836, 837, 840, 841, 843, 849, 850-6, 860, 862, 863, 865, 872.

I’m getting the following message — “We’re having some trouble on our end. This channel isn’t currently available. Please try tuning away for a few seconds and then tune back.”

I also have pixelation and tearing on many hd channels like the golf channel. 

Ive had a technicians replace all connectors, test my power amp, and make adjustments. He told me the house had no RF injection problems and I had all green checks on his diagnostics. Yet I still have all of the above problems. 

This is has been going on for over three weeks and I’m a bit fed up. Been using Comcast for over 20 years and have never had these kind on problems. I’m ready to look at alternates. 

I have 2 hdtv boxes with on-demand and 5 hdtv dta and xfinity internet access using their modem/ap. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unable to see over 26 channels

@Lan_rover wrote:

I cannot view the following stations — 821, 822, 823, 825, 830, 832, 833, 836, 837, 840, 841, 843, 849, 850-6, 860, 862, 863, 865, 872.

I’m getting the following message — “We’re having some trouble on our end. This channel isn’t currently available. Please try tuning away for a few seconds and then tune back.”

I also have pixelation and tearing on many hd channels like the golf channel. 

Ive had a technicians replace all connectors, test my power amp, and make adjustments. He told me the house had no RF injection problems and I had all green checks on his diagnostics. Yet I still have all of the above problems. 

This is has been going on for over three weeks and I’m a bit fed up. Been using Comcast for over 20 years and have never had these kind on problems. I’m ready to look at alternates. 

I have 2 hdtv boxes with on-demand and 5 hdtv dta and xfinity internet access using their modem/ap. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Do you have issues with channels below 800?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Unable to see over 26 channels

The tech did not check that it was fixed before he/she left?

You have done system refresh and tech support again?