Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Unable to play DVR recording while it's recording

Contributor

Unable to play DVR recording while it's recording

Ok this is very weird and has happened once before.  First time it happened I thought it was a weird fluke, but it's doing it again today.  I was recording NCIS LA and switched over to netflix while the show was recording.  I went back to watch the show as it was in the last few minutes of recording and was given options, but not a playback.  Options took me to the on demand show (specific) menu, showing that the episode I wanted to watch was on DVR but there's no option to watch it. 

Last time that happened I wasn't able to watch it that same day.  I had to wait until a day or two before it gave me the option to watch it.  Is this a software glitch?  I don't remember if I did a system refresh since the last time it happened, as it's been a number of weeks since the last time it happened.  Nor do I remember when it happened exactly. 

As I typed this, the recorded ended and I was given the option to watch.  My question remains, software glitch?

Expert

Re: Unable to play DVR recording while it's recording

@Batwoman wrote:

Ok this is very weird and has happened once before.  First time it happened I thought it was a weird fluke, but it's doing it again today.  I was recording NCIS LA and switched over to netflix while the show was recording.  I went back to watch the show as it was in the last few minutes of recording and was given options, but not a playback.  Options took me to the on demand show (specific) menu, showing that the episode I wanted to watch was on DVR but there's no option to watch it. 

Last time that happened I wasn't able to watch it that same day.  I had to wait until a day or two before it gave me the option to watch it.  Is this a software glitch?  I don't remember if I did a system refresh since the last time it happened, as it's been a number of weeks since the last time it happened.  Nor do I remember when it happened exactly. 

As I typed this, the recorded ended and I was given the option to watch.  My question remains, software glitch?

since you posted in the X! area, I'll presume that you are speaking of a set top box connected TV. Recordings made in your home are recorded on your home DVR and normally other devices (set top boxes) will see that recording and since in the home will play that recording while in progress. You didn't mention if you were attempting to watch on the DVR itself or a satellite box that gets the recording from the DVR. When that has happened to me i brought up the program listing in recordings and hit the 'play' button. If that doesn't work try selecting episodes menu and find the one being recorded. the watch may appear on that episode.

Contributor

Re: Unable to play DVR recording while it's recording

Sorry, yes it's the settop box, watching on tv.  I didn't think to try my laptop to see if the issue was there too.