Community Forum

Trying to update box to accept NetFlix on our X1 DVR system.

Regular Contributor

Trying to update box to accept NetFlix on our X1 DVR system.

I just noticed the other day that NetFlix and YouTube were both apps available on our Non DVR boxes (2).  We do have X1 and the whole house DVR setup for a few years now.  Both Apps work fine on the DVR box. When I try to access either app on the Non DVR box, I get a message that my box needs updated. When I press CONTINUE, I get an error that "sorry there is a problem, cannot communicate with our servers at this time. Please try again later."  This has gone on for 2 days now. Apparently from the FORUM help, Comcast needs to replace my boxes on the Non DVR units with an updated version, and the process of doing this would start once I said continue.  I would love to do this, but can't get past the error screen.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Trying to update box to accept NetFlix on our X1 DVR system.

What is the model of the non-dvr boxes?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

I’ve escalated this up to a colleague to help either get a tech out or updated boxes sent out to you. You can also swap them out at your local service center, whichever is convenient for you. The RNG150 aren’t compatible with those apps.
Regular Contributor

Both tuners are PR150BNM.

Regular Contributor

Model number on bottom of each tuner is PR150BNM.

Official Employee

Hello walt_pittsburgh, I can assist you with getting your equipment swapped out for cable boxes that can access Netflix. Can you please send me a private message with your full address, account number, and the name on the account by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

Regular Contributor

ComcastAmir, I tried what you indicated in your reply, and it doesn't work.  I clicked on your name, the link for PrivateMessage, and I was not able to enter any text with my personal information. What am I missing?

Official Employee

walt_pittsburgh worte: Everything is hooked up and appears to be working.

I am glad that we were able to get new equipment to you and resolve this issue, have a good day.