Community Forum

Trying to the scheduled recording menu issue fixed for 4 years!

Contributor

Trying to the scheduled recording menu issue fixed for 4 years!

I have an issue with the scheduled recording menu with X1 that has plagued us since day 1 and 4 years later (yes, I said FOUR Years), has still not been fixed!

When I press page down in the remote from the beginning (i.e. the next scheduled recording coming up), I can’t get even 3 or 4 page down clicks on the remote before the menu resets back to the beginning every time. This means I am lucky to see even a day ahead of upcoming recordings.

It’s ridiculous. I have quite a few “personality” recordings set up in order to record upcoming movies that are not due to air within the next 2 weeks (all that the onscreen guide shows), but do appear under a personalities information as movies they have been involved in. Unfortunately I have to do it this way because for some bizarre reason, Comcast took away the ability to set a recording for such a movie directly from the movie’s information page, even if it is not due to air within the next 2 weeks. All other major cable companies and satellite companies do allow this as it is a pretty basic function that Comcast actually had for many years.

The issue I am experiencing has occurred at both addresses I have lived at and with multiple DVRs.

I have asked the countless techs I have had to have at my house due to the ongoing industry ability of the X1 platform (especially in areas with older infrastructures from the node to the drop) what causes the issue, and no one has ever been able to answer the question Well, after 4 years, and learning yesterday that we have finally been given the go ahead to be able to go with satellite providers instead of just Comcast, I though I would ask the question.

I am already dealing with a WiFi issue where the signal drops 20+ times a day on all frequencies and channels, even after 4 modems (including Comcast’s newest version). An issue that has plagued me since the beginning of February and yet again has yet to be fixed and that everyone sent here has no idea what is causing it.

So any input would be greatly appreciated.
Contributor

Re: Trying to the scheduled recording menu issue fixed for 4 years!

The reason this has now become kind of important is that Xfinity Stream App users are no longer able to schedule or delete an upcoming recording remotely via the app.

This is now causing an issue due to the less control customers now have to specify the types of future recordings you do and do not want via the X1 TV interface (as that functionality has been taken away over time by Comcast). And therefore we have a lot of upcoming recordings automatically scheduled that we cannot view ahead of time. This means that our DVR & Cloud storage can fill up in a matter of a few days (on top of the 45% average already used).
It’s really ridiculous that I’m 2018, and with Comcast, customers cannot control recordings remotely and we cannot control recordings while actually in front of the TV!
Expert

@CoBrit66 wrote:
I have an issue with the scheduled recording menu with X1 that has plagued us since day 1 and 4 years later (yes, I said FOUR Years), has still not been fixed!

When I press page down in the remote from the beginning (i.e. the next scheduled recording coming up), I can’t get even 3 or 4 page down clicks on the remote before the menu resets back to the beginning every time. This means I am lucky to see even a day ahead of upcoming recordings.

It’s ridiculous. I have quite a few “personality” recordings set up in order to record upcoming movies that are not due to air within the next 2 weeks (all that the onscreen guide shows), but do appear under a personalities information as movies they have been involved in. Unfortunately I have to do it this way because for some bizarre reason, Comcast took away the ability to set a recording for such a movie directly from the movie’s information page, even if it is not due to air within the next 2 weeks. All other major cable companies and satellite companies do allow this as it is a pretty basic function that Comcast actually had for many years.

The issue I am experiencing has occurred at both addresses I have lived at and with multiple DVRs.

I have asked the countless techs I have had to have at my house due to the ongoing industry ability of the X1 platform (especially in areas with older infrastructures from the node to the drop) what causes the issue, and no one has ever been able to answer the question Well, after 4 years, and learning yesterday that we have finally been given the go ahead to be able to go with satellite providers instead of just Comcast, I though I would ask the question.

I am already dealing with a WiFi issue where the signal drops 20+ times a day on all frequencies and channels, even after 4 modems (including Comcast’s newest version). An issue that has plagued me since the beginning of February and yet again has yet to be fixed and that everyone sent here has no idea what is causing it.

So any input would be greatly appreciated.

hi, sounds like the data signal levels are not working well and can be easily diagnosed. call 800-comcast and select TV, ask the agent to run the internal troubleshooting guide (einstein) and with the results given you may need a home service call to get the levels proper up to your home and possibly in your home.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I have had many phone support techs run a remote diagnosis and they say they find nothing. I have also asked every tech that has come to my home in the 4 years (including the ones that were here last Sunday for a different issue) and know one has figured out what is causing the issue. It has to be something on their end as I have moved to a new address after the issue started and still have it here at my new address. And I have 3 different DVR’s over the last 4 years. So it makes sense that it is something their end.

Many thanks.
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

Hi, CoBrit66 - I see you have a private conversation with one of my peers from a Twitter team. We are all from the same Digital Care department, just support different social media platforms. To avoid any duplicate conversations, please let me know if you would like to continue engaging on Twitter or here in XFINITY Help and Support Forums. Thank you!

Contributor

I will talk to whoever responds.And with regards to this specific issue I have been experiencing for 4 years, I really have not had a response since Wednesday.
Official Employee

@CoBrit66 - In order to get a faster response, we need to know which platform you would like to use, so we won't have any duplicate conversation. Since I see you already got a response on Twitter, I'm going to lock this post. Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.