Community Forum

Trouble Connecting to Platform

New Poster

Trouble Connecting to Platform

Anyone else get the message "We are having trouble connecting to the Xfinity Platform?"  For the last few weeks, every single time we turn on the tv, we get this message.  All it takes is unplugging the box and plugging it back in, but it's super annoying!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Trouble Connecting to Platform

Your downstream signal levels for all 3 pieces of equipment (DVR, secondary box and modem) are trashed and well below the range needed to work properly. If you need assistance getting a tech out let us know, but without one you’re going to continue to have issues

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

I have sound but it only displays Welcome to the X1 platform connecting to entertainment experienc

What should I do?

This has not connected for over half hour.

Expert

Re: I have sound but it only displays Welcome to the X1 platform connecting to entertainment exper

is there a letter+number error code? did you try to power unplug the set top box for 30+ seconds and plug back in? is this a new install?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: I have sound but it only displays Welcome to the X1 platform connecting to entertainment expe...

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!