Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Tiny picture in left hand corner of tv. Rest is black (X1, Montgomery Village, MD)

New Poster

Tiny picture in left hand corner of tv. Rest is black (X1, Montgomery Village, MD)

tiny pic in left hand corner of tv rest is black. Help

Accepted Solutions
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Tiny picture in left hand corner of tv. Rest is black (X1, Montgomery Village, MD

What worked for me was toggling the TV to 480 resolution (EXIT EXIT EXIT 480) then I was able to go into the settings menu on the X1 box and return it to 1080. This happened to only one of my three X1 boxes and it happened to be the one connected to my oldest TV (an eight year old Panny plasma).

brentn13 wrote:

i am having the same problem.  connected with HDMI.  just got last week and was working fine.  now picture in left hand corner.

what should i do.  

thanks 

All Replies
Official Employee

Re: Tiny picture in left hand corner of tv. Rest is black (X1, Montgomery Village, MD

Maeilym wrote:

Apologies. You may have an SD TV but have the box set to HD screen resolutions. Try changing the screen resolution to 480i through the Settings Menu (the gear icon on the right) or press exit 3 times, then 4-8-0.

Problem Solver

Maeilym wrote:

If you are on hd res now move to 480 , press confirm. after that go back to 720 or above.

If you are on 480 move to 720 or above then go back to 480...

Expert

Maeilym wrote:

How is your TV hooked up to the X1 Entertainment system? (HDMI? Coax? A/V cables? Composite video cables?)

New Poster

i am having the same problem.  connected with HDMI.  just got last week and was working fine.  now picture in left hand corner.

what should i do.  

thanks 

Expert

brentn13 wrote:

what should i do.  

thanks 

first try pressing and releasing the power button on the X1. (will turn off the power light if option has light on at all. after 3-5 seconds press and release button again see if problem is gone. if that is not successful, press same power button for 10+ seconds and release (will reboot then).

Problem Solver

brentn13 wrote:

what should i do.  

thanks 

If you are on hd res now move to 480 , press confirm. after that go back to 720 or above.

If you are on 480 move to 720 or above then go back to 480...

New Poster

did the 3 and 10 second reboot suggestion.  still does not work.  starts out with full screen then when is says "  to live tv" it changed to the smaller screen in the top right corner

Expert

brentn13 wrote:

did the 3 and 10 second reboot suggestion.  still does not work.  starts out with full screen then when is says "  to live tv" it changed to the smaller screen in the top right corner

when you press the xFinity button is Apps listed in the menu? If you go to xFinity>Gear>Device Settings>Video output Resolution what do you see selected? select video output and press OK button. what choices does the X1 present to you? start with lowest and try each (you do not have to press OK it will time out and return you to the one you started it. See if one of those gives you a full picture on the screen.

Gold Problem Solver

What worked for me was toggling the TV to 480 resolution (EXIT EXIT EXIT 480) then I was able to go into the settings menu on the X1 box and return it to 1080. This happened to only one of my three X1 boxes and it happened to be the one connected to my oldest TV (an eight year old Panny plasma).

brentn13 wrote:

what should i do.  

thanks 

Problem Solver

I just love it how I post the answer to a question twice within the same thread, yet they are not seeing it. So they keep posting that that the op suggestion did nothing, without trying my suggestion which was the correct answer. Rick it is like my suggestion is too hard to believe!

Gold Problem Solver

Shane this forum is like doing a search on Google. If people don't see their answer in the first three or four listings they stop looking...

It is pretty amazing at times...