Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Timeout countdown

Frequent Visitor

Timeout countdown

when I watch tv, after a few hours if we haven’t changed channels, the screen will show a timeout count down starting with 10 minutes and if the remote is not used, it ends up with signal lost. I’ve tried changing the channel using the xfinity tv remote app and even though the Chanel changes and I can still hear the audio, the screen still shows the countdown. I’ve tried turning the tv off and on with no change in the countdown. The only way I can get rid of it is to get and pick up the remote and push the center button, then it resumes the tv as is. How can I get rid of this?

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Timeout countdown

Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Device Settings to Power Preferences and is Power Saver turned to Off

All Replies
Official Employee

Could it be it’s your tv itself that’s counting down?
Expert

@sacrlc wrote:

when I watch tv, after a few hours if we haven’t changed channels, the screen will show a timeout count down starting with 10 minutes and if the remote is not used, it ends up with signal lost. I’ve tried changing the channel using the xfinity tv remote app and even though the Chanel changes and I can still hear the audio, the screen still shows the countdown. I’ve tried turning the tv off and on with no change in the countdown. The only way I can get rid of it is to get and pick up the remote and push the center button, then it resumes the tv as is. How can I get rid of this?

If you don't provide input for a certain time, the box goes into screen saver mode.  Check your Settings for screen saver.

Frequent Visitor

It doesn’t saybscreensaver, it says signal lost.  

Frequent Visitor

No, the only way to resolve it is to use the x1 remote.  

Official Employee

Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Device Settings to Power Preferences and is Power Saver turned to Off
Frequent Visitor

ComcastAndrew, you are my hero!  My problem is solved. Thank you so very much.