Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Thumbnails not loading?

Valued Contributor

Thumbnails not loading?

Hello All,

Is anyone else having an issue with the thumbnails not loading? I noticed the issue on 3.23.18.

For you > Just recorded > at least 1 of the thumbnails would be grayed out

Recently watched > At least 1 thumbnail is grayed out

Movie/Series info > Cast & Crew > At least 1 thumbnail is grayed out

People also watched > Same result

If you select the grayed out thumbnail then select a working thumbnail, the grayed-out thumbnail would disappear.

This is the exact same problem here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Thumbnails-on-menu-not-showing-up/m-p/3011224#M141577

It appears to be a backend issue that has reoccured for me.

Is the thumbnail scrapper having issues? I have already rebooted and system refreshed but that didn't work.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Thumbnails not loading?

It’s a known issue in just the Western New England and Greater Boston region, engineers are working to resolve the issue. Hopefully fixed by now

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

Same with me.  First started on 3/23 for us too.  Really annoying.  

Valued Contributor

@rpf75 wrote:

Same with me.  First started on 3/23 for us too.  Really annoying.  

Thank you for confirming. I have opened a Service ticket for the issue so I'm hoping the engineering team can fix it.

New Poster

Same problem here. Started a few days ago, the same time comcast changed the software to display things differently, eg "watch record, etc" in a box, removed the box displaying the show and replaced it with full background display.

Find it hard to believe the changes aren't responsible for the lag in filling the gray boxes.

Removing titles from Thumbnails in the Playlist is also a horrible change. You have to go to the thumbnail to see what it is!
Valued Contributor

@skissors wrote:
Same problem here. Started a few days ago, the same time comcast changed the software to display things differently, eg "watch record, etc" in a box, removed the box displaying the show and replaced it with full background display.

Find it hard to believe the changes aren't responsible for the lag in filling the gray boxes.

Removing titles from Thumbnails in the Playlist is also a horrible change. You have to go to the thumbnail to see what it is!

Thank you for confirming. I now know it's not the boxes. I'm going to check the issue in 2 weeks to see if they were able to fix it. It's odd using the system without the thumbnails.

Expert

This type of issue is probably caused by a poor connection to the Xfinity servers.

Official Employee

It’s a known issue in just the Western New England and Greater Boston region, engineers are working to resolve the issue. Hopefully fixed by now
Frequent Visitor

Seems to be working now.

Official Employee

Hi RadTV, I have responded to your private message as well.

Thank you

Valued Contributor

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

Seems to be working now. Thank you for confirming.

Valued Contributor

@ComcastPhill wrote:

Hi RadTV, I have responded to your private message as well.

Thank you

It seems to be working now Smiley Happy Thank you.

Official Employee

Hi RadTV, thank you for the confirmation that it is working.

Thank you