Community Forum

The XFINITY X1 Weather App, that used to work for me, no longer works. What's going on?

Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV apps - Weather

"How do we get it back?"

You don't. This is a change that Comcast made of their own accord.  The new app is utterly useless.  Nice of them to make a major change like this without even checking to see if customers wanted it.

Contributor

Like the sports entertainment package at $9.95 a month which has only one sport channel,NFL redzone,because Comcast took away all the other sports channels. My contract is up this May so I will be looking at other options.

Most Valued Poster

This App is WORTHLESS!!  IT STINKS!!  Why???  The old app was better by a mile. Multiple cities, detailed weather alerts are now missing.  How is this an improvement?  It is NOT!!  The designer that dreamt this one up must work for the competition.  Seriously.  

THIS APP IS WORTHLESS!!  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Weather App not working

@rpf75 wrote:

The new weather app is useless.  Thanks for checking w/ your customers to see if this is a change they wanted first *sarcasm*

I know; it is a nuisance to switch to the Weather Channel for local information that is not always what I am looking for.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

would like the weather app back the way it was has much more detail

Contributor

@JESSIE410 wrote:

would like the weather app back the way it was has much more detail

Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen. The Comcast employees who post here have pretty much said as much.

Contributor

Today I went to the weather app and I got the 3 dots as the lower half of the screen went dark. Then it shut off my tv. Thanks Comcast.