Community Forum

The XFINITY X1 Weather App, that used to work for me, no longer works. What's going on?

Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV apps - Weather

"How do we get it back?"

You don't. This is a change that Comcast made of their own accord.  The new app is utterly useless.  Nice of them to make a major change like this without even checking to see if customers wanted it.

Contributor

Like the sports entertainment package at $9.95 a month which has only one sport channel,NFL redzone,because Comcast took away all the other sports channels. My contract is up this May so I will be looking at other options.

Most Valued Poster

This App is WORTHLESS!!  IT STINKS!!  Why???  The old app was better by a mile. Multiple cities, detailed weather alerts are now missing.  How is this an improvement?  It is NOT!!  The designer that dreamt this one up must work for the competition.  Seriously.  

THIS APP IS WORTHLESS!!  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Weather App not working

@rpf75 wrote:

The new weather app is useless.  Thanks for checking w/ your customers to see if this is a change they wanted first *sarcasm*

I know; it is a nuisance to switch to the Weather Channel for local information that is not always what I am looking for.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

would like the weather app back the way it was has much more detail

Contributor

@JESSIE410 wrote:

would like the weather app back the way it was has much more detail

Sadly, I don't think that's going to happen. The Comcast employees who post here have pretty much said as much.

Contributor

Today I went to the weather app and I got the 3 dots as the lower half of the screen went dark. Then it shut off my tv. Thanks Comcast.

Official Employee

Howdy folks -

Just wanted to provide an update... based on feedback, we are making improvements to the Weather app that you should see this month.

The feature to search for and save multiple locations is back... just click the "Add a New Location" button at the bottom of the screen after launching the app.

Even better, you can speak Voice commands for different locations... for example, "Orlando weather" will bring up current conditions in Orlando Florida.  

On the default screen, you should be able to view highs and lows for the current day and next two days, as well as current chance of Precipitation, the Humidity, and Wind speed.  Clicking on the Extended Forecast button will give you the current day and 5 day forecast.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

this is a good start can we please get more detail on the extended weather app thanks

Official Employee

The extended forecast currently shows expected conditions (expressed as an icon - example, a cloud with Rain drops if rain is expected) as well as highs and lows for the current day and next 5 days.

We can pass feedback along as to what additional informaiton you'd like to see included in the future should additional changes be made... please post your thoughts here and thanks in advance for your feedback!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Showing the wind chill factor,like you did in the past,would be nice.