Community Forum

TaoTronics soundbar code needed

New Poster

TaoTronics soundbar code needed

I purchased a TaoTronics TT-SK15 soundbar and can't find the brand on the code list for the X1 voice remote. Does anyone have an idea on where I could find the one that works? Thanks for any help in advance!
Gold Problem Solver

Re: TaoTronics soundbar code needed

According to the remote support site there is no code for your product: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

Have you tried the manual code search: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/programming-your-xfinity-remote/

Hopefully you can use the lookup tool to find as code as your soundbar is probably made by someone else.

Toripeck wrote:
I purchased a TaoTronics TT-SK15 soundbar and can't find the brand on the code list for the X1 voice remote. Does anyone have an idea on where I could find the one that works? Thanks for any help in advance!

Regular Contributor

Yes, I have the same issue for the TaoTronics soundbar. The Xfinity on-screen utility is useless in this case because it only works for listed brands. They need a code search option like many remote setup systems have, that lets you cycle through codes by keep hitting the channel key and test over and over. This sometimes takes many many tries, but at least is not a "you are totally SOL" situation.

Gold Problem Solver

cwayneu,

X1 remotes DO have a manual code search feature. Please read my previous post and note the link provided...
Regular Contributor

I know it does not have code search. I am saying they need to add this.

New Poster

Ceayneu, I think you misread the last guys reply, he is saying that they DID have a manual code search like you mentioned. He has a link where you will keep pressing a button until you hit the right code. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that TaoTronics is its own manufacturer. I hope they start to add them to the list as they have great products at a reasonable price! Thanks!
Regular Visitor

Is this issue still unsolved? Just got one of these sound bars myself

Silver Problem Solver

I saw another post about a soundbar and they turned off their tv before entering the code.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

The problem is you need to disable the TV volume and enable the soundbar volume, without messing up all the other Comcast X1 remote key functions. The only way to do that is thru the Comcast "remote setup" from the Xfinity menu. It has an option to setup an external volume control with many different soundbar brands, but not the TaoTronics. If we had the TaoTronics remote code, I think we could fake the Comcast remote setup out by selecting any brand in their setup list, but enter the TaoTronics code instead if the codes they suggest. I gave up and sent it back and got a Sony soundbar unit, which the Comcast remote setup does list. That works fine.

New Poster

You aren't tricking the remote setup at all. When you enter in a secondary audio remote code it automatically goes too the volume control lock for that device. To do a manual search of the voice remote code, you hit setup, then enter in code 992 then channel up until device turns off. Unfortunately it did not find a code that will work for Taotronics soundbar.
New Poster

To get a soundbar to work with a Comcast remote hook up the HDMI cable to the “ARC” HDMI from the tv to the Soundbar. Then set up the code for for your TV NOT the Soundbar. This will enable the Xfinity remote to control the volume on the soundbar

Example: I had a Panasonic tv bought a Samsung Soundbar Connected the soundbar to the tv using the arc hdmi from soundbar to arc hdmi on the tv then pressed “A” on my X1 remote. Go to remote setup and follow the instructions for TV SETUP ignoring the “auto device setup” basically ARC hdmi makes your soundbar part of the TV therefore requiring you to setup a “new tv” for the X1 remote to control the volume.
New Poster

The X1 Manual Lookup because it does not find any codes...