Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

TV shows freezing

New Poster

TV shows freezing

What would cause tv shows to randomly freeze on all 4 of my boxes? I have all new equipment recently installed. Many refreshes have been done and customer service says everything looks good from their end.

Expert

Re: TV shows freezing

@mamabear1955 wrote:

What would cause tv shows to randomly freeze on all 4 of my boxes? I have all new equipment recently installed. Many refreshes have been done and customer service says everything looks good from their end.

does this happen overnight or during the day? what equipment do you have (DVR? xg2? xiD's)?

New Poster

The problem happens day and night. I have the newest X1 DVR box and 3 little square X1 boxes that can communicate with the DVR

Official Employee

@mamabear1955 wrote:

The problem happens day and night. I have the newest X1 DVR box and 3 little square X1 boxes that can communicate with the DVR

Is it the same channel constantly or different channels? Those 3 boxes feed off the dvr and the dvr is the source of the live tv for those 3. You may need a tech out to troubleshoot those channels

Expert

@mamabear1955 wrote:

the reason I was asking is that when the problem happens the other set top boxes go down. Like Andrew outlined they borrow tuners from the DVR. If you swap one of the XiD boxes for a same-price and a bit larger XG2 the other XiD boxes will borrow a tuner from the XG2 instead of the DVR. That will increase the number of tuners available to record at the same time on your DVR. 

Official Employee

Rustyben’s suggestion won’t solve channels freezing, you’ll need a tech out.
New Poster

Thanks for your input. I'm sure my final choice will be to have a tech come out to troubleshoot the problem.