Community Forum

TV reading box, but picture won’t turn on

New Poster

TV reading box, but picture won’t turn on

I have an X1 box and Samsung UHD Smart TV (3yrs old). If my cable box/TV is turned off for a long amount of time (overnight) when I try to turn the TV back on the cable box won’t give a picture. I have to unplug/replug the power to the cable box for the picture to come on. I had Comcast technician over to look at it and he couldn’t determine the issue. He questioned my TV, but I have tested all my HDMI outlets with a gaming system and they all have broadcasted picture, as well as I get no message from my TV just a black screen when I turn on the TV. The technician swapped out my box and all the cables, but the same thing occurred this morning. Less than a month ago I was using Verizon and didn’t have any issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Expert

Re: TV reading box, but picture won’t turn on

@KristenGrant4 wrote:
I have an X1 box and Samsung UHD Smart TV (3yrs old). If my cable box/TV is turned off for a long amount of time (overnight) when I try to turn the TV back on the cable box won’t give a picture. I have to unplug/replug the power to the cable box for the picture to come on. I had Comcast technician over to look at it and he couldn’t determine the issue. He questioned my TV, but I have tested all my HDMI outlets with a gaming system and they all have broadcasted picture, as well as I get no message from my TV just a black screen when I turn on the TV. The technician swapped out my box and all the cables, but the same thing occurred this morning. Less than a month ago I was using Verizon and didn’t have any issue. Any help would be appreciated.

use the voice remote "device settings".  Go to power preferences and make sure power saver is Off.  press back, and select screen saver. set to 5 Hours. You didn't mention the set top box model number.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!