Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

TV Screen goes black periodically for a few seconds

New Poster

TV Screen goes black periodically for a few seconds

My TV has just recently started going to a black screen periodically for a few seconds.  The sound remains but the picture goes black screen.  The only change we have made was to put in the new voice command controller, but that was about a month ago and this issue only recently started occurring.  Are others having this same problem?  Is there a resolution?

Expert

Re: TV Screen goes black periodically for a few seconds

The first thing I would try is to see if it is the TV by selecting my antenna input.

New Poster

I have the Arris XG1v4 and I am also observing a periodic black screen for a few seconds then the video still return. I see this when watching live tv or the DVR.
Expert

@mtrumbull wrote:
I have the Arris XG1v4 and I am also observing a periodic black screen for a few seconds then the video still return. I see this when watching live tv or the DVR.

Can you test your TV witn an antenna to see if it does the same thing?

Expert

adding... instead of rebooting try this to see what happens. unplug the hdmi cord from the DVR for 5 seconds and plug back in (be sure get it in the right jack).. did the video return without reboot?

New Poster

If this happens with HMDI cable, I tried to reboot modem DVR did not work. I tried to chane resolution did not work. I went back to red white yellow audio video and voila it worked!!!!!