Community Forum

TUBI-now available on X1

Official Employee

TUBI-now available on X1

Comcast's latest channel is one that's never been on cable before: Tubi TV, one of the most popular free movie-streaming services.

Comcast is incorporating Tubi into X1, the cable giant's internet-inclusive platform. The partnership means Tubi's library of movies and other programming will be available and searchable on Comcast X1 like a regular channel or show, the two companies said. Rollout begins Thursday, and Tubi will be available to all X1 users in coming days.

Tubi has 8,500 titles, mostly movies, that anyone can watch free with advertising breaks. As Netflix has transitioned away from licensing a deep catalog of movies in favor of its own originals, Tubi has stepped into that vacuum -- but with an ad-based service rather than one requiring a subscription



I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: TUBI-now available on X1

I registered and have watched 2 movies so far. Love the ability to search movies"not on Netflix". The ads are currently only a 1-2 minute single ad every 20 minutes during a movie playback. Not at all annoying and ads play QUIETER than movie does which is really nice.
Only question I have is will there be any 4k or HDR movies added?
Official Employee

Re: TUBI-now available on X1

That’s up to TUBI, it’s their content

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: TUBI-now available on X1

Gotcha, thanks. I really like tubi.tv.
Valued Contributor

Re: TUBI-now available on X1


@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Comcast's latest channel is one that's never been on cable before: Tubi TV, one of the most popular free movie-streaming services.

Comcast is incorporating Tubi into X1, the cable giant's internet-inclusive platform. The partnership means Tubi's library of movies and other programming will be available and searchable on Comcast X1 like a regular channel or show, the two companies said. Rollout begins Thursday, and Tubi will be available to all X1 users in coming days.

Tubi has 8,500 titles, mostly movies, that anyone can watch free with advertising breaks. As Netflix has transitioned away from licensing a deep catalog of movies in favor of its own originals, Tubi has stepped into that vacuum -- but with an ad-based service rather than one requiring a subscription



Andrew,

                  I am confused? When I check the App section, there's no app shown as depicted hereWebp.net-resizeimage-82

 When you say Thursday, do you mean Nov 29, 2018? The boxes in my area have not received the tubi app as of Nov 23, 2018. The app has not been activated yet.

 

 

Official Employee

Re: TUBI-now available on X1

Soooo, in your picture it’s the very first app in the first row. If that’s just a random picture you posted instead of your actual menu. Not all boxes/customers get updated at the same time

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: TUBI-now available on X1


@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Soooo, in your picture it’s the very first app in the first row. If that’s just a random picture you posted instead of your actual menu. Not all boxes/customers get updated at the same time

It's a random photo showing the app which has not been activated yet for me. When you mentioned thursday, I wasn't sure which thursday you meant.

Official Employee

Re: TUBI-now available on X1

It was released last week but like I said not all boxes are updated at the same time, it’s a gradual rollout

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: TUBI-now available on X1

The Tubi TV app isn’t on my X1 as of 11-23-2018.
I really would like to watch it.
When will it be added??
Official Employee

Re: TUBI-now available on X1

As stated just above, updates happen gradually. You’ll get it eventually, unless you have a RNG150 X1 box

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: TUBI-now available on X1

When we stream from Tubi using the X1, does it use our 1TB data allocation?

Expert

Re: TUBI-now available on X1


@theRealDucky wrote:

When we stream from Tubi using the X1, does it use our 1TB data allocation?


the apps usually have a 'badge' saying "INTERNET". I'm sure it counts toward CAP.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: TUBI-now available on X1


@Rustyben wrote:

@theRealDucky wrote:

When we stream from Tubi using the X1, does it use our 1TB data allocation?


the apps usually have a 'badge' saying "INTERNET". I'm sure it counts toward CAP.

Thanks a bunch. I appreciate that. 

 

Regular Contributor

Re: TUBI-now available on X1

It popped up for me on Tue. 11-27. Like everything else X1 it is awesome! Been going nutso checking out all the stuff on it. I love it.  Actually at the moment it is not working I'm sure it will be back up soon. People are going to love it, I guarantee it