Community Forum

Suddenly I have Audio sync issues

New Poster

Re: Suddenly I have Audio sync issues

Some suggest going to audio settings on the box and if it’s set to hd, set it to stereo. I did and it worked for awhile but went out of sync again. I just switch inputs back and forth vie the upper left button on the xfinity controller and that also works.
Official Employee

Hello TVty. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I would be more than happy to take a closer look and help you figure out what is causing the lip-sync to be off.  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the problem too. Comcast could care less. Switch if you want a fix.
Official Employee

Hi John-Goodrich, we don't want you to feel this way. We care about all of our subscribers and your issues. Feel free to send me a private message if you need assistance with getting this problem fixed, I am more than happy help. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@John-Goodrich wrote:
I have the problem too. Comcast could care less. Switch if you want a fix.

sync (mpeg streams) is up to the 'sink' (in your case a TV) to adjust.  moving the HDMI to a different port as well as a TV firmware update can reet the sync settings of your TV. use your TV's remote and go to the TV menu to the audio section and adjust 'lip sync'. fixed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@Rustyben wrote:  sync (mpeg streams) is up to the 'sink' (in your case a TV) to adjust.  moving the HDMI to a different port as well as a TV firmware update can reet the sync settings of your TV. use your TV's remote and go to the TV menu to the audio section and adjust 'lip sync'. fixed?

Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated. 

New Poster

I will call the lead tech for the installation of fiber optic in my community. Two techs have been here and I still have the problem. I believe it is a software problem that Comcast will not admit. I will email all the local subscribers and see how it's going for them.
Expert

@John-Goodrich wrote:
I will call the lead tech for the installation of fiber optic in my community. Two techs have been here and I still have the problem. I believe it is a software problem that Comcast will not admit. I will email all the local subscribers and see how it's going for them.

mpeg (the way video is sent digitally) is a set of streams. the TV in your case receives the streams and uses timing markers to be sure video is in sync (there is a normal sync signal and one about 1/2 second later as a backup). use your TV remote and fix it yourself. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

The problem has gone away on it's own, I'm suspecting Comcast made a correction.  It has been weeks and the probem has not re-appeared.

New Poster

I've done that. Have 3 TVs. Problem of syncing on all three.  This is a Comcast problem and they can't fix it for some reason. I will keep complaining and advising to avoid Comcast in the hope they will respond. I am an old school technician and this is a software problem Comcast will not admit to nor able to fix at this time. So Comcast service should be avoided.

Frequent Visitor

For now the problem has stopped, and I do agree it is on Comcast end.  Lets hope it doesn't come back.  Maybe they figured it out and corrected the problem.

Official Employee

Hi @John-Goodrich

Sorry, you feel this way. We'd be more than happy to investigate your issues if you can send us a private message with your first and last name so we can access your account. @tonysan, thank you for letting us know this has been resolved for you. If you happen to have any issues in the future, feel free to contact us.