Community Forum

Stuttering on all channels

Highlighted
Contributor

Stuttering on all channels

Over the past few weeks I have noticed I have been getting a stuttering picture on just about every channel. Nothing has changed in my home. This happens on all 3 of my boxes and their connected displays. I have tried different settings, new HDMI cables etc with no luck. The stuttering almost looks like a framerate drop. Image is smooth, then there is a quick stutter then smooth again. It happens on my XG1-A box and both of my XiD-P boxes. I have tried a system "refresh" through the XG1A box with no luck. I am wondering if I am getting possibly a degraded signal to my home. What can I do to check? Also do the smaller XiD boxes get their signal from the XGA1? How are they interconnected? Can  it be an issue with the main box?

Official Employee

Re: Stuttering on all channels

You can make sure all your connections are good and tight but ideally you’ll want a tech out. The boxes are connected with moca through the coax, so if something is affecting the main box and live tv, you’ll see it on the others.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Anything I can do to diagnose myself? I know how to get into the advanced signal menu in the box. I just do not know what I am looking for or what values are acceptable.  I have checked all connections and everything is tight and clean. 

Official Employee

The menu that you have access to is for the actual modem running the DVR, it doesn’t give important individual channel information. Of the accessible menu, look for upstream, downstream and SNR

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

This is what I got. 

comcast1.jpg
comcast2.jpg
Official Employee

The first pic is the signal of the internal modem, all signals well within spec. The second pic is moca levels, all well within spec. You’ll probably need a tech out

Contributor

Ok, thank you for the help. Unfortunately I wanted to try to get this sorted out by tomorrow since I am having a party for the game. But as it is such notice I doubt I can get a tech out here that quick

Official Employee

If you happen to have a Roku, you could download the Xfinity stream app and use that to watch the game (it’s a different source).